1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

which one is the hardest special sparring stage?

Discussion in 'General' started by Superspacehero, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Superspacehero

Superspacehero Well-Known Member

In VF5FS, Is it possibly the bosses' circuit? Is the last stage in every circuit harder?

I think Vanessa Lewis in the Swag circuit is pretty hard. She does this cheap low kick move all the time.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    masterpo likes this.
  2. Futaba

Futaba Member

PSN:
    OGC
    I don't know about which circuits, but my opinion is that the toughest AIs in that mode are Akira and Aoi.
    Akiras tend to throw quite often even when they fall into pattern, so they become less predictable. They're also hard to pry open.
    Aois on the other hand are just versatile. They stand their ground and make terrific reads off you.

masterpo likes this.
  3. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    No,. you don't really want to look the sparring partners routes like that.

Each of the routes provide different AIs with different types of challenges. No two routes are alike. And the AI plays different if you play different. Its some of the best AI I've ever seen in a fighting game. Its imo the best AI l VF has to offer. So its not that the bosses level is harder than the rest. Its just harder in a different way than grab bag, or arcade kids, etc. Even when some of the AI is in more than one route, they change up tactics. It looks like AM2 took the best AIs from all games and put them in the sparring mode.

I found that a good way to use these sparring partners is 'as sparring partners' If you're trying to learn a new move, work out a new string, or combo, then take through all the sparring partners a few times and you'll learn a lot:cool:

4. Superspacehero

Superspacehero Well-Known Member

But the ai in vf4 was much brutal. Are you not usre that ai was in general better?

Of course the current one is good since they have a specific style, so you can "spar".

Allright ,so the the different routes get harder as you scroll down, because i wasnt sure of that, so the bosses should be the hardest route then!

I hope the new VF online tournament will exhibit an improved ai, since computer power and ai have progressed a lot since vf5fs

masterpo likes this.
  5. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Each AI is programed to do a handful of attacks and follows their own strategy. If you're observant and learn their habits they're all easy.

Don't listen to the guy below.

Each character has their own unique playstyle, but it's limited AF.

Eh, the AI is a great way to learn about how to beat their tactics which can transfer over to actual play.

VF4 read commands so yeah.

6. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    @Superspacehero Oh yes, the AI in VF4 is more brutal. Absolutely! I play VF4 regularly. But the AI in VF5FS though less brutal is more diverse and complete. It uses far more situations, setups, and move list than the AI in VF4.

I do not believe the AI is harder as you scroll down in sparring list. Each AI just presents different challenges and looks. Now of course, you might find the 'Bosses' more challenging. Someone else though, might find the 'Arcade Kids' more challenging. It all depends on what techniques you are trying to use, or the areas you may need improvement in. Now it is the case in License mode, there are difficulty settings and some challenges are meant to be more difficult that others. But in sparring mode, IMO sparring mode all about diversity, and a variety of different techniques and challenges being presented by each route.

Oh yea, I hope that the AI is an area where AM2 does some more innovation. I think they should build on the AI that is in VF5FS and add to it, data mining and machine learning from the 100s or thousands of recorded ranked matches in VF5FS. And in addition to that bring back new and improved the concept of the trainable AI from VF4. An AI that can adapt and learn from the player. AM2 really needs to improve the dojo. It needs to be at least as good as Tekken 7's or Soul Calibur 6's dojo.