1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who are the top tiers of VF 4 EVO?

Discussion in 'General' started by FatalRose, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Sorry mr Ghetto but why is Lion vs Vane a bad matchup and who ?

I take it is for Lion

2. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

the d/b elbow sabaki eats like half of Lion's stuff. plus, they are both sexually ambiguous. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

..... Or cause of Vans punchspeed and shit like [6][K]+[G]'s counterbility.

/KiwE

4. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

damn it vane...

She's a woman!! I swear!!

5. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Re: "Bet on the player - not the character always."

[ QUOTE ]
    KiwE said:

One of the things he will get in Final Tune that was showed in the flick; a "safe" way of going into ducking without being beaten by [2][P] against all options. Other then that there has been threads that have discussed the matter.

Like this one.
    Or this one.

/KiwE (P.S; they both are under Brads icon which you can click on the frontpage so would be quite easy to find - if you searched.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Which still does not mean that Brad is always eating his shorts against anyone/everytime in Evo, as he still has his thing going well enough. He is no Tekken 2 Kuma by any means. That new sabaki sounds good, of course...

If Chib eats fist from Vanessa as often as he does, how in hell he played great Vane in VF4? I guess Vane is pretty handy against Lion after all...

6. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

Well, VF4 Vanessa and VF4:Evo Vanessa are two completely different characters. She was pretty much given a complete overhaul between games.

7. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

yeah.... relevant to this conversation, Vanessa OS in Evo lost the elbow sabaki... imho, her new OS is a far improvement over the previous (at least fun level wise), but when fighting Lion nowadays, i personally just stay in DS, just for that sabaki.