1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who do you think is the worst character in the game?

Discussion in 'General' started by Go Away, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Go Away

Go Away New Member

I was just curious to find out what character is considered the worst by the most amount of people. People seem to have many different opinions about the worst character so I just want to know what the majority thinks.

2. LegendaryHero90

LegendaryHero90 Well-Known Member

a lot of people tend to say either Eileen or Sarah but personally, i believe its Sarah. i dont know what the devs were thinking locking her moveset behind 2 stance transitions. her damage at the wall is sub par compared to most of the cast and she has limited opportunities to capitalize on big damage. She's also one of the few light weight characters that have neither an 11 frame jab or a sub 14 frame mid.

3. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    She has an 11 frame jab and kick from flamingo stance. Sadly, everything else you said is true. Most of her good stuff is locked behind stance change nonsense that most people will just 2P out of most of the time.

I wouldn't consider her the worst character though (I'm probably biased).

4. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Eileen is the worst character when the level of play is at the point where opponents start optimising. Her Risk/Reward is the worst in the game and outside of her 11f jab she's actually not fast.

And Sarah is one of only 2 characters with a 10f punch.

5. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Akira for sure! All jokes aside, I think it might be Wolf.

6. OniwabanCL

OniwabanCL Member

I'm a noob on VF, but one of the most interesting aspect of the game is the really well balanced design.
    I still have struggle to find my main, because all characters has some super cool sub mechanics. Having said that, I think Sarah is a good character, she is not a combo/damage based character but a mix ups one (I guess)
    Maybe the "worst" or "weak" character could be Eileen in my opinion. As someone says before me, the reward/risk aspect is so weak on her, but she is a cool character though

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Eileen

OniwabanCL likes this.
  8. OniwabanCL

OniwabanCL Member

That's a really interesting point of view. I've watched your matches and your tutorial videos, you've played Eileen for years. Why do you think she's weak? Why do you enjoy playing with her?
    I think Eileen is a cool character with really interesting gameplay and mechanics, but I want to know your opinion and the reasons behind your loyalty to her

9. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Her Shuffle stance might be ok if she had some good sabaki/parry options out of it. Not sure why she doesn't if they were going to go in this direction with her moveset.

10. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

You're hurting me Rod...

Ares-olimpico and beanboy like this.
  11. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Me, I would say Jeffrey.

Sega, please give that dude some more circular moves, like roundhouse kicks and low sweep kicks. He needs those. I gotta get my wild on.:cool:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  12. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

Okay, Alphabet man takes the cake. He is always spamming us with learning the alphabet in VF3. I wanna have fun playing VF, not go to school and learn stuff.:confused:

13. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

I believe all characters are viable in this game.

WolfKing, beanboy and Ares-olimpico like this.
  14. break

break Well-Known Member

PSN:
    breaktube
    XBL:
    Joe D Haze
    Hmm..gotta be Jacky Bryant since he speaks English and is the easiest character to read.
    He has some movements and simple combos,
    But if you have not spent years training with him
    The character feels slow and easy to counter.
    Also his damage output is very low with no good ring-out juggles.

15. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Is...Is this a joke?

break likes this.