1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who else should I play use that suits me?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by poomonkey, Nov 2, 2003.

1. poomonkey

poomonkey New Member

I've had this game for a few days and I play as Jacky and he's a 5th Dan. Anyways, Ive been wondering what other charachter I should play as? I've tried Goh, Brad, Akira e.t.c but they just feel too weird /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Should I invest more time in them? Or is there anyone else that you think would suit me? I tend to go for the fast kill rushing, only defending when I see a fatal combo /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

SARAH and jacky and somewhat similar so try her. but i suggest you also try out some other characters. it's always good to know how different characters work, know thyne enemy right?.

3. Horsepool

Horsepool Well-Known Member

Id just try out a few and see who suits you best. I mean i tried out several characters before i tried Brad, and he is da man!

I suck with everyone else /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    poomonkey said:
    I tend to go for the fast kill rushing, only defending when I see a fatal combo /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Lau Chan.

5. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

Go through every characters command training and combos&series and think carefully which characters sounds funniest.
    Or play everybody in some rank and choose your favourite. My favourite is Brad so I would say that choose him!

6. FighterBabe

FighterBabe Member

I suggest you try Pai and Aoi!! just try them!

7. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

we cant really tell u who u shud play, only u kno wats best for u.

but... id recommend sarah, she plays like Jacky and has a flamino for a bonus. also Lau if ur very offensive. or even brad if ur good with stances. heck, if ur good with stances, just try Lei-Fei, hes got nice,easy strings. wolf or jeffrey if ur a throwing kind of guy who likes big damage really fast. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. SpyMobb

SpyMobb Active Member

Try all characters. That's how I bumped into Kage. But I reccomend Lau, Jacky, or Brad.

9. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

i'd watch the replays on the DVD, and see which character seems to share your style of play. You can see how a character is meant to be played.

10. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

why not give lion a go?
    Hes easy to get into and i found i can play him semi-similar to jacky. Hes also got that stupid breakdance finish which i laugh at everytime i see it. Its so dumb its funny. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif