1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who gives you the most trouble?

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Truesonic2k, Aug 28, 2008.

1. SoulKatana

SoulKatana Well-Known Member

i HATE: lion, jacky & lei-fei because his INSANE juggles!!!

2. HotD

HotD Well-Known Member

I hate characters who can hit stun you without it being a counter! That's gotta be the lamest shit ever! Kage and Shun anyone?

3. TENGU

TENGU New Member

for me it'd have to be skilled wolf players and unskilled lei fei players because they seem to get the random reversals constantly hahaha

4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I don't remember Lei having insane jugges?!

I have the most trouble with Eileen and Blaze, I learn slow /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Lei? you kidding?

Personally I hate Lau, Lion and Lei and all things difficult to hit.

6. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Well I was thinking damage wise, I thought combos from his launchers had pretty average damage. Maybe I am confused lol.

7. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    personally i have trouble mostly with jacky, lion, vanessa, brad, el blaze, sarah, jeffry and pai.i need to learn their attack commands ,what attack is safe or unsafe,recognizing their half circulars, throw escapes,etc

8. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I have more trouble against people who don't know how to play as opposed to people who do because they are the cheap ones who spam in lag but more specifically wolf, Jacky, and the fast ones like shun for example give me some trouble.

9. dblax20

dblax20 Active Member

I would say.. umm KAGE.. most people online love to sweep with him....

10. HotD

HotD Well-Known Member

My top 8 who I hate to fight against:

1. Lion: His low pokes and sweeps are friggin annoying as heck! Not to mention his voice!
    2. Kage: TFT and his dumb ninja stance really pisses me off!
    3. Shun: Cheap attack properties and can deal lots of damage easily! His drinking promotes turtling as well....I hate it when they just go back and keep drinking and force you to go to them.
    4. Aoi: Man her counters and sweeps really frustrate me.
    5. Wolf: Tons of damage. Nuff said.
    6. Vanessa: Just don't know how to fight her...
    7. Lei: Insane damage and I hate his stance switching. Kinda like shun in a way b/c then you must to go him. I guess I'm just really impatient lol.
    8. Akira: Can be overwhelming to deal with when he puts pressure on you.

11. TheUgg

TheUgg Well-Known Member

I agree with this completely...

12. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you just don't know how to play all lol!

I have trouble with Good Lei and Shun players thats all.
    Knowing me im supposed to be using these character beause of the learning curve they have. I just don't bcause the break the plane of VF to me.

13. Gernburgs

Gernburgs Well-Known Member

Jacky, Kage and Lei...

I can't beat Jacky these days! Especially if they know his range real well and dance in and out of it with foot shuffles. It fools me more often than I care to admit.

14. TechRomancer

TechRomancer Well-Known Member

I have problems with a good Vanessa. For one, I am good at sidestepping and do it on reaction, but bam! Guess what, you can't sidestep those damn Horizontal kicks of hers...

Also, her p and down+p speed is pretty decent and interrupts a lot of my Jeffry's shit, she's got a good throw game, those reversals, raw power and those strings she does are annoying, can't punish the p,p,p,k one on block unless I use crufix piledriver (df,df,P+G) or Backbreaker. And if you don't have a throw with range, its safe on block and you have to sidestep (my Eileen or Pai), but the low-kick version freakin' tracks and if the Vanessa player is wily and knows you can't get a guaranteed throw will start throwing you after the p,p,p string. Hell, I shudder everytime a new Vanessa player is born. She's too good, man.

15. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

DS jab is 12 frames so it's the slowest kind.
    Low punch has same stats for everyone (exept for Lion).
    P,P,P,K can be jab punished if you're holding /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif. Or you could crouch under it and get shitload damage for it.
    Low kick as in P,P,K? Linear, like every single other option Vane has from P strings (save for last hit of PPPK)
    If they do PPP on block and try to throw you, you could just get a major counter juggle on them.

I don't want to sound like an ass (though I will) but complaining about any characters basic jab strings is just stupid.

16. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Yes DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is indeed unsafe frames-wise but pushes back on block. And you do well with punishing with splash mountain/front backbreaker! But you an also punish with the standard punch-kick if you hold forward while inputting the punch.

This also applies to her /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif string (unsafe on block, punshes back) and to akira's double palm, wolf's or jeffry's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif at max range etc.

If vanessa hits you with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif just elbow, you have the advantage, even on CH (in fact it apparently has worse frames on CH than on normal hit, WTF? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif )

17. White_Worm

White_Worm Well-Known Member

almost all of vanessa's low moves are disadvantage on both hit and block. and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is mid high mid, so a low punch in the middle will take her off her game every time. Keep in mind though she can change it up to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for a mid mid, but the second mid is punishable on block.

I have the most trouble with Lion. Something about him having a long range full spinning mid AND low really screws me up on tech. Plus, while his juggles are not the strongest, they are exceedingly long and annoying. Lion has the psych game goin' too strong.

18. TechRomancer

TechRomancer Well-Known Member

Hmm, didn't know the mid attack in the p,k,k string hit high; I thought it was mid. I did know that her lows were pretty bad on block, but I was too impatient to block and instead sidestepped the last hit (again, thinking it was the sidekick so I could go for a CH move). The strings are in of themselves not dangerous, its when a good Vanessa knows when to stop/start them and can implement variety that scares me.

19. Jargen88

Jargen88 Well-Known Member

when I do play Jeffery I have troubles with Vanessa and high level lei feis

Lei Fei's movements are deciving because he has so many

I also try and grab too much when he is in a un grabbable stance

20. Evil_Intent666

Evil_Intent666 Member

PSN:
    kikdwittheleft
    XBL:
    One iyd Warior
    I have trouble with Lau, Akira and Brad, but this is like universal to whomever I face them with it seems.