1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who gives you the most trouble?

Discussion in 'Jeffry' started by Truesonic2k, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

Against Vanessa, get in her face and try to force p, or 2p throw knee guessing. Also use OM to get get closer when you get a cowardly runaway Vane (Is there any other kind?).

Also, like Lau has /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif + /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, Jeff's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is his shenanigns crusher. It really works well against DMPK spammers and her auto grab stuff and people who do ETE or crouch after tech roll. I have seriously used it like four times in a row b/c people won't think you'd dare do it again... And you don't have to do the 2nd /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif obviously.

I am slowly getting better with my Jeff vs. more characters and players, though I still have trouble vs. turtles and 44s.

2. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    turtles is my problem too, aswell as characters like leifei, brad and akira that are constantly in a forward moving situation, with dashes and attacks both, any good tactics/tips to keep them at bay?
    i used to use backdash 43pp and backdash threat as tactics but my opponants have gotten better and keep pushing forward even more, so my backdashes usually get hit nowadays..

3. RedBlizzaga

RedBlizzaga Member

Can anyone give me tips against Brad and Lion? My difficulty with brad is just the pressure he presses and my trouble with lion is his down attacks.

4. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

With Lion, try blocking low. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    He is annoying.

Vs. Brad, I got nothing. When I fight a good Brad I am often reduced to playing a really wack style. I try to bait whiffed attacks and either throw or attack. This is because it doesn't seem to matter whether I correctly predict that a Brad player will attack or throw. Even after I block his attacks I still am in trouble. The shoo shoo starts. I think I can attack. Then I get counter hit. Or I stand there blocking and get thrown. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Against medium skill Brads, just try and interrupt with a jab and use one of the nasty things that Jeff can do to people when he has a small advantage.

5. V_MIRZA

V_MIRZA Member

Well, let see.

i have problems against sarahs who kick too much.
    Lei Fei. Just to quick for my Goh
    Brad and Jacky. When they start attacking quickly can t keep the pace
    And finally the Vanessa, i just get stupid when she starts grabbing

6. NGKrush

NGKrush Well-Known Member

PSN:
    de_kroet
    XBL:
    de kroet
    vs lions downattacks you need to tech in place i think with many of his knockdowns or he gets lda or hda. with his juggle throw(throw where you can add extra hits), a friend of mine does 46k+g and then hda, you need to tech the 46k+g right at the moment that it hits, if you don't lion gets the hda for free.

punish all lion low sweeps with 6k, i think only one of his lows is actually safe, the rest are -14 at least, so 4kp has you covered there.

sarah is very unsafe at places you wont expect, block well and duck her highs well and you can get free 6k's and knockdowns to stop her offence, evade, check what happens and punish accordingly can work very well too. i don't have any real stuff vs sarah tbh, so i usually go for these options to scare them out of pressuring too much.

7. narenski1

narenski1 New Member

I play with brad, but when i play against pai i got a lot of trouble.Her speed is better than mine so it's very difficult. I started playing virtua fighter 5 6 months ago. A lot of guys says that i have an amazing brad but i realize i've so many weakness in my game. when i started i couldn't win against 10th dan now i'm 8 dan and, win is very difficult. I must improve my game with brad. I'm looking for some advice; " sorry for my english "

8. The_Shunjinkogh

The_Shunjinkogh Well-Known Member

El Blaze gives me the most trouble. The very skilled ones kick by buttocks and I can't seem to defend myself. The shrimp is always evading me.