1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who has the best character design?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadowdean, Mar 7, 2001.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I would have to go with SNK - Samurai Showdown characters are still the most kick ass over all cast ever designed.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

2. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

As far as fighting games go it has to be SNK I mean KoF, Samurai Showdown, Fatal Fury they all kick ass. Honorable mentions go out to Sega for VF, Shinobi,Streets Of Rage and Toe Jam and Earl.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

3. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    For 2D fighting games, I would also have to go with Samurai Showdown. The Art of Fighting series also gets honorable mention.

For "3D" fighting games, it's definitely Last Bronx for me. I simply love the basic "dark & gritty" look that all the characters have in this game. Both Dead or Alive 2 and Soul Calibur get honorable mention as well.

Kruza

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Kruza on 03/07/01 12:57 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I always did like Capcom's VampireDarkstalkers series' character designs. OK so they're mostly classic monsters everyone has seen but Capcom really gave them loads of personality and great design, not to mention the first Darkstalkers game was the first one to use the graphical style we see in all Capcom fighters today.

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Ohh, I definatly have to go with you on Darkstalkers! I think Darkstalkers revenge has to be one of the best animated games...all the little things that go on really add to the character...and hell, I love the characters!

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu