1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who here is down with Transformers the Movie?

Discussion in 'General' started by adamYUKI, Apr 3, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I recently got it on DVD, and reveled in the nostalgia! Seeing it in the movie theater was ruly one of my most memorable childhood experiences. How about that soundtrack?! It rocks!! I have it on my MiniDisc thanks to Napster, and love listening to it from time to time. In fact, that will be one of the MDs i will be listening to on my way up to Toronto for MoAT.

Phat quotes/scenes from the movie:

-Until all are one
    -Megatron must be stopped - no matter the cost....
    -Me Grimlok not bozo...me Grimlok - KING!!
    -The insecticons are in our way....
    No! They're our way IN!!

Hehehe...I pretty much memorized the whole movie! A few others who are fanatics about the movie can relate to me...

So fess up! Who here is down with this awesome movie?!

<font color=red>Jyunen hayaindayo!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

2. Guest

Guest Guest

whats yo

i havent seen it but can you describe what you like about it so much? is it actually a good movie or does it just have a lot of nostalgia the same way some people like starwars? is it out on vhs?
    anybody feel like making a fave movie thread? im too lazy :p

3. AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe Active Member

It's been out on VHS for at least 12 years :)...

The Transformers:The Movie is my favorite movie of ALL time!!! Totally AWESOME, I couldn't believe they killed off Optimus :( , but it was for a reason..

The DVD was the first disc I purchased for my Playstation II and in the end thought the overall content of the disc was kind of lackluster especially with many other DVD movies containing lots of extras..

The Vince DiCola interview was Awesome to include but I felt they could have done a little more with this DVD release, things like;

1. Multi-Language option: The movie was only in English, I Thought they should have included the Japanese dialogue as well. I have the Japanese version on VHS and it would be cool for others to check out the lackluster voice acting of the Japanese version compared to the Great voice acting of the English version (which is a FIRST cause Japanese voice acting normally buries their English counterparts, but it wasn't the case this time.}

2. They should have included footage of the Deleted Scenes.. There were a few small scenes not included in the movie, they could have at least showed what they were. (Titan A.E. did that)

3. They could have included the original trailer for the movie. I remember being so psyched about the movie's theatrical release back in 1985/86, would love to see those commercials again..

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Down with it? Its my bride to be!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

5. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Two more phat scenes:

1. When Soundwave and Blaster meet in the first battle scene. Soundwave /versus/images/icons/cool.gif ejects Rumble, Ravage, and the rest, and Blaster ejects his little army of cassette Autobots and says "Sic 'em!"

2. The scene when Optimus dies. (BRUTAL)/versus/images/icons/frown.gif

-GhostDog

6. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"shit, what are we gonna do?" hehe

btw , nothing was deleted.

search for some fan sites and you'll see.

(then again i could be wrong)

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

7. AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe Active Member

The movie is perfectly intact from it's theatre release but I meant the deleted scenes that didn't make the final cut and were never released on neither the theatre or video.. I have a few Avis that show those brief scenes..

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

dude
    i just got the DVD as well....it rocks...

fav lines
    'old timer? that's something u'll never get to be if we dun get back to the city'

'prime, u said it would help us in our darkest hours'.

'Me grimlock kick ass...'

'me grimlock need new strategy'.

Fav tune will go to 'DARE'.

KICK ASSSSS~~~~!!!!!

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

9. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

I love that movie but I am torn. I cant decide if I like the Transformer's movie better than the GI JOE movie or vice versa.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

10. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

never liked GI Joe

GI JOEEEEEEEee
    A REAL AMERICAN HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

G
    I
    JOEEEEEEEEEEE

bah

11. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Well all you Aussie's are part criminal anyway so of course you wouldn't like GI JOE the criminals never win:)

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

12. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

ah, i would love to see those avi's, animejoe.
    its a shame that it wasnt included on the dvd.

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

13. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Man that movie was the shit way back then. I still can't believe they killed Optimus though. Now all we need is to get the DVDs of the TV series (He-Man too).

--------------
    Formerly known as Fogira Four

14. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    A MAJOR phat quote:

Why do you throw away your life so recklessly, Prime? - Megatron

That...is a question you should ask yourself... - Optimus Prime

Any other quotes? I gotta remember some more...

[​IMG]

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

crashing thru the wall to save hot rod...one of the dinobots says 'EXCUSE ME' in that high pitch tone after nearly crushing one shark to death...

than Grimlock saying 'ME GRIMLOCK SAY EXTERMINATE THEM'

watching em sharks go after that high council ...wholesome goodness.

16. AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe Active Member

"First we crack the shells, then we crack the nuts inside" -Rumble & Frenzy..

"For a time, I had considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron, but now you shall witness its dismemberment" - Unicron

"Megatron, is that you?"-Starscream
    "Here's a hint!" - Galvatron

"Ba weep grana weep nini bon" ;)

17. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

"Megatron, is that you?"-Starscream
    "Here's a hint!" - Galvatron

<hr></blockquote>

Definitely one of my favorite scenes, though brief. Leonard Nimoy rules/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-Chanchai

18. AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe Active Member

Transformers The movie-"Til All Are One" Music..

Hey! I was digging through my closet and found the "Til All Are One" music {phew, thought I misplaced it} I had from long ago.. It was the BGM music from the movie Vince DiCola released exclusively at a Botcon convention. I don't have access to mirroring sites and all that fancy jazz so I just created an I-Drive account and store as many of the tracks that I could upload within my time constraints.. The CD contained a total of 31 Tracks, hopefully I'll get as much of them up as possible. I just thought that those who never experienced it might wanna give it a shot..

You'll have direct access to the account so please don't delete anything..

Go to--- http://www.idrive.com

Username: Optimus_Prime2005
    Password: sega

19. Velcro

Velcro New Member

YAY!!! This was such a cool movie, wish they would release it on R2 DVD so we can see it in the UK again, I lost the video a long time ago... =(
    I need to get a R1 player me think's.... ;)