1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who in here listens to Indie Rock?

Discussion in 'General' started by PlugAndChug, May 7, 2002.

1. PlugAndChug

PlugAndChug Well-Known Member

Rap has its thread, so Indie Rock needs one too. Here are SOME bands that are awesome.

Godspeed You Black Emperor, The Strokes, White Stripes, Bjork (love her stuff), Mirah, Circulatory System and of course best band for me right now Sigur Ros.

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Now, I like (even love) some of the stuff you listed, but do Bjork and The Strokes belong to Indie Rock?

Bjork kicks ass btw! And I do really like The Strokes/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

-Chanchai

3. PlugAndChug

The reason why I think that they should be on there even though are they are over a little is because they have the respect from Indie music fans. It's hard to deny the fact that they make great music and is well appreciated in the music community.

4. Happy_Friend

Happy_Friend Well-Known Member

At the Drive In, Kid Dynamite, Fugazi, Lifetime, Cursive, Braid, The Get Up Kids (not their new albums), Don Caballero, Dinosaur Jr., Superchunk, Refused

Rock n' Roll!

Please, no more Boom boom boom
    Who's afraid of my big bad weenie?
    Rub it, see if it gots a geenie.
    Gonna make disappear this 10 inch zuchinni.
    Just like Houdini.

(not a real rap song) read somewhere, a spoof

5. Bedwettah

Bedwettah Active Member

I like a lot of elephant six stuff (otc, nmh), underground hip-hop (cannibal ox, aepsop rock, prefuse 73) and ofcourse all the old-school indie legends (sonic youth, pavement, sebadoh).

I'm not a big fan of the new Trail of Dead Album though, and the Strokes bite the big one.

6. PlugAndChug

At first I didn't like the Trail of the Dead album, but it's one of those CD's that gets better with more play. It took me 4 listens until I started really liking it a lot.

Wow, I'm surprised that you don't like the Strokes. Oh well, it's not for everyone. OTC is good.

At the Drive In is cool too.

Beth Orton is an amazing singer.

7. Bedwettah

Bedwettah Active Member

yeah to be honest the trail of dead album grows on me the more I hear it, i'll probably end up liking it at the end of the year.