1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

who is akirakid?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by 34, Feb 11, 2002.

1. 34

34 Well-Known Member

i've heard about akirakid(ultimate champion with fatastic skii of akira).
    does anyone know about him? if yes please post msg,
    thanks

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

There's actually quite a bit of biography-like info of Akira Kid scattered throughout the forums. If you use the search utility above and search Akira Kid, you should be able to find a good deal of information (haven't tried this, but I'm confident in this). Some information will be fairly accurate, some will be false, some will be idol-worship/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif.

Akira Kid is now known as ShinZ and he lives in Korea. His reputation was perhaps at its peak during VF2 and early VF3 days when he won the international tournament event at Maximum Battle in 1997 in Japan.

-Chanchai

3. 34

34 Well-Known Member

thank you very much.
    do you know where i can get his movie files or something(i wanna see akira step??)?
    i also would like to know tekken champion's korean step things,,,
    thanks alot

4. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Akira Kid, was 15 years old when he won contest in Japan. He is considered a Virtua Fighter wizard. His real name is <font color=red>Shin Eui Wook</font color=red>. He astounded spectators and competitors alike in Japan with an amazing 188 consecutive win streak. Akira Kid possessed a flawless proficiency of Akira. Shinz, as his friends know him today, punished every minor mistake by his opponents with a variety of strings and combos including DLC and SPoD . Opponents, holding guard a bit too long, were treated to a patented crouch dash into a 3-hit string or float. Shinz had a<font color=black>n almost clairvoyant</font color=black> gift of recognizing low attacks and countering with a jumping punch almost instantaneously. You can see an excellent example of jumping attack following low attack in chibita's battle with sunikinoLau mpeg. The jumping attacks are still largely unused because of the long freeze if timed incorrectly. Shinz has a good command of Lion today and there are good examples of his efforts and other great VF4 mpegs at <font color=orange>CreeD</font color=orange>'s ftp which you can find here through search icon. Input <font color=orange>CreeD</font color=orange> and go to ftp or look in <font color=yellow>Media</font color=yellow> section here to find CreeD. He is a member of Team Battle Zone VF4 Club along with his younger brother who is also an accomplished VF player.
    Reputedly, tetsujin including Bunbunmaru named <font color=white>ShinZ</font color=white> fancy movement with E button and stick as 'Korean Step'. Ikebukuro Sarah and BunBunMaru challenged Akira Kid personally after the Tournament. Rumor has it that Akira Kid beat them both. (Ike Sarah 3:0 and with BunBunmaru 3:1)
    <font color=black>The Brotherhood of Lion</font color=black>

5. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

also, for ftp://vf.dyndns.org (it may be down, but keep trying)

There are a lot of older clips of akira kid's combos in VF2. These are amazing, despite the poor video quality. Click here (it will be slow... be patient. FTP programs help a lot):

<a target="_blank" href=ftp://vf.dyndns.org/VF%20Archive/disc_3/movies_2/godeater_akira_kid_caps/>ftp://vf.dyndns.org/VF%20Archive/disc_3/movies_2/godeater_akira_kid_caps/</a>

7. 34

34 Well-Known Member

i kept try to get into it but i couldnt make it...agrrrrr

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

<a target="_blank" href=http://tbzone.gameshot.net/download/download.html>TBZone Download Section</a>

You could also say that Akira Kid/ShinZ is the "Pride of Korean VF." Take that as you will/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

-Chanchai

9. 34

34 Well-Known Member

thank you so much.
    where can i get akira kid's k-step movie?

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

akira kid movies, esp. K-step movies, can be found at:

<a target="_blank" href=http://tbzone.gameshot.net/download/korea/korea4.html>http://tbzone.gameshot.net/download/korea/korea4.html</a>

Nice, speedy site.
    They call him ShinZ .. so any clip with ShinZ in the name, that's akira kid.