1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

who is chibita?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by shockwave, Apr 16, 2002.

1. shockwave

shockwave Member

sorry, i'm new to the scene but i hear of his name often. is he the best player from japn? if so, why is he the best? (can anyone provide a profile etc like the 1 i saw for akira kid not too long ago).

recently, i thought some guy named napolean(?) - a jacky player- won something called vf carnival in japan... was that a major tourney or just 1 of many tourneys etc. and how does napolean do v. chibita? if neither of these are the best, then who is considered the best player from japn?

2. xDURALx

xDURALx Member

He's not the top ranked player, but usually the top ranked player in any game isn't really the best. Last time I heard, he had around a 90-91% win percentage and closing in on 10000 wins.

Here's an old vid of him in vf3
    http://hardcoregaming.com/vf3/java3.mpg

As for vf4 vids, you have to hit the servers at the right time. He has incredible yomi and does more throw escapes and major counters than anyone else I've seen. Try these sites...

http://www.feixaq.com/vf4
    ftp://vf.dyndns.org/

3. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Also of note, he was the first in Japan (or the world for that matter) to become a Ha-oh (Monarch, if you go buy the goofy Engrish translation)

4. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

Then who is top ranked in Japan?

5. GaijinPunch

The top ranked on VF.net is Tsuchiya Joe. Someone that changes his name, and apparantly spent $6500 and bought VF4 for his home, w/ a connection to VF.net. He apparantly has 400+ consecutive wins for multiple characters, and is all fake.

2: ___________ (that's their ringname)
    3: Gyakushu no Hojirozame
    4: Kyasao (C-Chaps)
    5: Gushi something rather -- sorry, very weird name.

Again, that's VF.net... the more you play, the more points you get. Not necessarily the best player.

6. Vicious666

Vicious666 Well-Known Member

what do you mean "all fake"?
    he just plays an empty machine all day?
    haha.

VF.net doesn't take into account Rankings? Only win/loss and total matches?
    That sucks.

7. GaijinPunch

Well, the rumor is, he pumps in the credits and just plays against a dead player. Sucks, given that Kyasao-san and the others are really trying hard, and playing fair.

Unfortuantely, VF.net does not take into account levels. At least that's what I was told. I fought against Wolfy last night (Meijin Kage, and a DAMN GOOD ONE) I smoked me about 6 times. Best I did was both of us down to about 30 points left in the 5th round, and I choked. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif So, of any points I would've made that day, I would've lost...definitely.

8. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Same thing happens in most games with global rankings... there's always a way to exploit the point rankings as long as it's an automated process. (Unreal Tournament's ngStats are not a good indication of CTF or DM player skill, for example.) Unfortunate, but really, among the good players, they know who they are, so you can almost always tell who's the bogus player who reached a top spot by having to cheat through the rankings.

9. GaijinPunch

Here's my latest pet peave.

VF.net only supports one character per player. So, what do you do when you get up to Ha-oh, and nobody will play against you? Temporarily delete the card, and add a new one starting from 10-kyu, knocking other people down that you know SHOULDN'T be as good as you.

I know one guy w/ a Ha-oh akira, who's 2nd card is on 4-dan. Also got his has smoked by another 4-dan Vanessa recently. Gotta love that!

10. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

do these "cards" exsist in america? and if so where do i obtain one? please explain what a card is i still dont get it

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

The cards don't exist outside japan, they're for the online vf.net system in japan. You swipe your card in a little reader at each machine, then the results of the match are saved on a big central server. That's how we know chibita wins 90% of his battles. However, you can sort of cheat by choosing not to use the card (so if you lose it doesn't count against you). Or you can do some SERIOUS cheating like the top ranked vf.net guy in japan: buy a machine, put it in your house, pay for a connection to vf.net, then beat up a dummy second player all day long.