1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

who is your favorite character and why?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by TreffsikreTruls, Apr 27, 2002.

1. TreffsikreTruls

TreffsikreTruls New Member

now tell it to me and the others...

2. OhgmA

OhgmA Active Member

Lei Fei.. so many stances so little time.

3. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

kage becuase u can come back with him and he has many different moves that do different things and is good with juggle combos and settin them up

4. LordDecay

LordDecay Member

Wolf because he is the grappler of VF, he looks cool, and he is canadian.

5. Akirafan

Akirafan Member

Akira - His SpoD is still the coolest looking move after 2 sequels from VF2. His combos are killer cool! He really has the story background of a martial artist, fight, win, fight some more, lost, fight even more...."living for the fight" haha some resemblence to a very distinguished Street Fighter heh?

6. Jebus

Jebus Active Member

Lei Fei, Shoalin owns all, also, I don't think your suppose to post these type of threads

7. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Hmmm... This seems out of place...

<font color=yellow>Um... What does this have to do with Character and Technique Training? This probably topic belongs in the Junky's Jungle... There are a lot of opinions over their regarding characters...</font color=yellow>

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Thread moved (was in Character and Technique Training).

9. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Not my strongest, but funnest is Aoi -- reversals galore!

10. plan17

plan17 Active Member

no question my fave character is Aoi! her style of play is so unique... too bad it's really hard to learn... I'm using Sarah first to learn the game...

11. Sarahs_Boyfriend

Sarahs_Boyfriend New Member

Gotta my favorite girl Sarah: mmmm, Gatling Kick throw.

12. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

wolf - no reason...

13. Fate

Fate Member

for me kage.. but wolf is the best comeback character.. playing vs friends they dread getting GSed twice in one round. ;(

14. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Sarah - I just always dug her playing style - now even more.
    Shun - He's an old alcoholic, what more needs to be said?

15. IronDragon

IronDragon Member

Kage....speed, mobility.

Aoi...reversals, cool throws, cool strikes

Jeffery....power, power, power

16. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

<font color=yellow>Thanks, Mike! I think another one sprouted over there and took root...

OT: tough call... There is a lot to like about all the characters. I've had this game ever since it was released in LA and I still haven't been able to say any one character is the best. I'm currently diggin' on Ms. Lewis but I know where she lacks so I can't say she's all that cool. tragic makes Sarah look tastier all the time. I don't want to go the route of picking someone just because a tourney player is winning with that character. Every character has something going for it. That's just another reason why this is a fairer game than Tekken. It's tough to put any characters into tiers and such... All characters have strengths and weaknesses. Different styles of play amplify and diminish them accordingly. Use the one you have the most fun with... I think I saw Chanchai say that... Very sound advice...</font color=yellow>

17. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

for me it's tied between 2 characters:

1)akira: either because he's VF's main character(hey i admit, i wasn't thinking of using characters based on tierdom when i was younger), or because his damage potential from single strikes, and almost any combo at all with him simply hurts.

2)sarah: total style, very balanced except for maybe her lightness and weak damage potential hit for hit. very fun to use and you can get very creative with her.

18. HalfLotus

HalfLotus Active Member

Spod is the coolest looking move? Please. Akira combos are about the most boring (though useful and hard to pull off) in the game! Give me anyone else's float combos and style over flippin Akira.

19. sloppy

sloppy New Member

My favorite character is one I don't play at all. I'm barely learning this game, and I've only started Wolf and Jacky, both of which are very cool characters.

However, being an irreverent guy, I have to give props to Shun Di. The man just radiates pure style. He's a little 80 year old man that spends his time getting drunk and beating up punk-asses.

I have yet to learn how to play as him to any true extent as I am not fit to try.

20. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

true; well, almost; when you first start, obviously Akira's gonna seem to have some pure style. but after a while, the style disappears and it all boils down to him just raping the crap outta people with his insanely powerful combos.