1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who Is your online rival?

Discussion in 'Xbox Live' started by samtheseed, Nov 12, 2007.

1. samtheseed

samtheseed Well-Known Member

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    It seem's that the vf community on XBL is getting smaller and smaller because I keep running into the same players now. So these are the guys, anyone know them?

Moldavier
    Jjcha
    Democritus
    Imperfecto
    D R A G O N 87 or something like that
    and some others but these are the immediate rivals...

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Jjcha is Jason Cha, old school VF player who now lives in NYC.

3. samtheseed

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Really? That sucks. He talked crap the first time we met, and I beat him for it. Always. Too bad, we could've been friends.

4. Black_Ant

Black_Ant Well-Known Member

I have been seeing a few people over and over lately. I tend to forget which ones I beat and which ones I lost to though.

Davinitiv
    ElectricLeo
    DreFei
    ShinobiFist

I'll have to go home and pull up the others. I keep fighting the same people because I'm searching for people with similar rankings though.

5. leoPirate

leoPirate Member

DontforkWitme
    ^ Your typical XBlive douche. He plays as Lion dressed up in the gayest outfit possible (pink clothes and earrings included), and is an avid trash talker. Upon starting the match, I praised him for the number of wins he had. He then responded by telling me to STFU, and continued on with superfluous vulgar jargon.

Since VF doesn't have any official taunt button, every time this douche would win he would do Lion's P+K+G dance. (Combine that with his outfit and it looked like gay-incarnate.) He ended up winning, but that's not why I'm bitter.

6. Black_Ant

Yeah, that's pretty bad. I wish I could remember the name of the gooch that had his friend trash talking while he was playing. We both said "what's up" to each other in the beginning, then he put his friend on to start talking ridiculous. Some South Park garbage about being a Jew and pinatas. (mute)

7. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

I have met ace in the hole too and he is something short of a full deck indeed. I was told by him that I was a clown and I replied, "funny how?" He then said, "I'm gonna beat you down and I hate you!" I pulled the plug on my mic and then proceeded to play. At the end I won, but it really didn't matter. What mattered the most is that I don't have to spend any holidays, birthdays, events, or even hear or see this fool ever. For this I am very happy. Simply just block him and forget he is around and eventually nobody will want to play vs him. Oh btw, he was playing jeff at the time too.

Not just <u>YOUR A CLOWN!</u>
    Just...Do I fuc___ amuse you???

8. Supreme

Supreme Member

I'm constantly fighting against Isnak and SteffK, both really nice El Blaze players, Heitoschi, AC Go and some others. Last two days were pretty empty, though.

9. CiscoRey

CiscoRey Well-Known Member

Isnak's El Blaze gets on my nerve. The evade kick into the throw into the body splash takes away over %50 of my life. You can count on him to attempt it several times a round. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

10. NinjaCW

NinjaCW Well-Known Member

I don't have any rivals but now I can't get away from Lei Fei, and I still don't know what he is doing. . .

11. Black_Ant

Yeah I like playin Heitoschi. I played him a few times this weekend. If it weren't for the wife and kids I would be on a lot more. If anyone has ever heard me yelling at 11 month old to "DON'T PULL THAT CORD OUT!" I apologize.

12. Duckguin

Duckguin Active Member

Not so much a rival per se, but this dude Auriel felt obliged to constantly tell me how much I sucked. Like, from before the match even started. I know I'm not very good. I've had the game for like... two weeks. Sheesh.

But now I really want to kick is but online. Heh. Even if I lose again, it'll be worth it just to hear the poor guy get so worked up about it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

13. OneHitCombo

OneHitCombo Well-Known Member

I don't know. I end up fighting the same people, but no rivals. I'm at the height of mediocrity;

I beat all the bad players down mercilessly, without fail.

I lose to all the good players like I'm brand new.

Tag: StayRisKy

Edit: Maybe if I could decide on a single character. I started with Goh, then Jeffry, then Akira, then Brad, then Jacky, then Akira, then Goh... now I'm looking at Lei Fei. I need to select one guy.

14. samtheseed

PSN:
    The_Beggar_So
    XBL:
    Shun is Drunk
    Not really, I'm always in between Shun, Lei Fei, and Eileen.
    GT: Shun is drunk.

15. Mista_tee

Mista_tee Well-Known Member

Yeah I fought Jjcha. Not to bad. I like how he doesn't lag too much.

Also is there a way where you can just play with your friends in one room?? I hate having to look for people to play. I rather jus play people I know sometimes but I can't seem to invite my friends to a match.

And on a side note; don’t you find it a bit interesting how you can tell what fighting game a player played before VF. Like when you fight people who just try to side walk all day as if it was Soul Calibur, or try to take you to the wall as if it was tekken although you can clearly tell the wall is too far.

16. sontawila

sontawila Well-Known Member

Yes. Go to Player match NOT rank and create a session with private match on (in the setting of the session). Then just invite whom ever you want. HF!

17. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Hmm. I don't remember who you are. I don't talk much on live. People who've met me in person, and there are quite a few here, know I don't trash talk at all. I have a few times on live turned on the mike and expressed my disdain for mediocre players who win by just backing off and using like two or three basic techniques over and over again. If I did talk to you, it must have been because of that. If that works for you, fine, but I just don't see the fun in either playing that way or against it.

Back to the topic of the thread, there are a few people I did play more than a few times that were just great/fun matches. Some of them I won fairly easily. Others, they beat me fairly easily. Either way though, they were fun/challenging/interesting matches -- there are at least three or four, the only gamertag that comes to mind is subbers, and he certainly deserves a shout out for this. Brisal is one of those people who's better than me that's always fun to play against. I saw a Jacky who reminded me of a young Denkai (which I think is a good thing), who I think posts here. All in all, good fun.

Mostly.

Best regards,

-Jason

18. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Ah, yeah, you're the Jacky who reminds me of a young Denkai. I think you pretty much whooped my ass quite a few times but then lost one or two, which surprised me. I figured you must have been tired or bored or something. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Yeah, I remember playing you. You're not that bad, just keep at it. I think I played your Akira? Anyway, I thought the matches were interesting enough -- actually, I remember thinking you didn't take enough risks to win, despite your gamertag. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Best,

-Jason

19. IroN1c

IroN1c New Member

I played against "fl1p bo1ng" (something like that) quite a few times and his Eileen kicked my ass /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

He had stats about 130-20 and was online quite regularly. So he´s pretty much my online rival, because I play Eileen, too /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

20. Dessico

Dessico Active Member

There's a few douchebags online that can get pretty annoying, but I went in expecting that day one.

If I had a rival though, it'd have to be III Black III or Chief Flash... they completely shut down my game and had me rethinking several different strategies. You bastards.

I need to play more vfdc goers, helps out a lot. Random quick matches can get boring pretty fast.