1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

who n here likes rap???

Discussion in 'General' started by blackshadow, Apr 18, 2002.

1. PlugAndChug

PlugAndChug Well-Known Member

There are few mainstream hip hop that I actually would listen, but it's mostly underground hip hop as for the rap genre for me

Atmosphere
    Aesop Rock (This guy is the man, do yourself a favor and go pick up Float. Guarantee that you will love it)
    Blackalicious,
    EL-P (CD of the year 2002, you heard it here first)
    Cannibal Ox (The man is a genius)
    Atom's Family

2. PlugAndChug

There are few mainstream hip hop that I actually would listen, but it's mostly underground hip hop as for the rap genre for me

Atmosphere
    Aesop Rock (This guy is the man, do yourself a favor and go pick up Float. Guarantee that you will love it)
    Blackalicious,
    EL-P ( Rap CD of the year 2002, you heard it here first)
    Cannibal Ox (The man is a genius)
    Atom's Family

3. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

"Cannibal Ox (The man is a genius)"
    arent there two guys in cannibal ox?. I like all those you listed. Havent heard the new El-P(if its out yet) and havent heard any atoms family either.

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Hmm, I like most of them, though I am just not feeling Atmosphere at all.

5. PlugAndChug

All the ones I listed, Atmosphere is the least liked. It just drowns in comparison in the others I listed. I just put it up there for the hell of it. I think overall it's good though.

Cannibal is one guy. His CD, In Cold Vein, has many people featuring in it. Cannibal is in Atom's Family. Check it their first CD from them, it's good stuff.

6. PlugAndChug

EL-P's CD hasn't come out yet, but when it will, it's going to be amazing. I just like his style, dark and dreary.

7. Shadowdean

LOL...just on names
    there is a rapper calling himself chewbacca lol

8. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

Rap requires a fast & dextrous tongue & a good sense of rhythm... a unique style puts some above the others too...

I like Mystikal, Ja Rule & Mike Shinoda...

9. Shadowdean

Ja rule....candy coated high school talent show rhyming abilities at best, usually just crap...Mike Shinoda is the best out of the ones you named...
    If your really into underground rap
    www.flowdoctors.com www.rapmusic.com has plenty of audio by very talented people.

10. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

Anyone here like Nas

11. Mike90210

Only back when he was nasty. I also like a few of his songs from each of his albums(havent heard anything from nastradamus and I probably never will) but not enough to buy his lastest.

12. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

i like nas his new album is aight but to much shit goin on between him n jay z they need to stop hatin

13. Shadowdean

Yeah, I am definatly feeling Nas, though good lord he better be thanking Jay-Z for dragging his ass out of his 10 year rut.

14. Shadowdean

They both were on Hot 97 (nyc's big hip hop station) and said that it is buisness...
    Remember something folks - rap is like a sport - extremley competiive. Like Jigga said, it was bound to happen. Both are still friends despite what the media attempts to change all this into. Hell, I have 3 very good friends who battle. 2 of them have competed against each other. When they do, they don't hold back. Are they still friends - of course.

15. PlugAndChug

Stillmatic is a pretty good CD, but wayyyyyyy better than the CD's that were release in between this and his first. A 10 year rut is a understatement. It was just awful to hear the albums as a whole. I personally like the feud between him and Jay-Z. It's good that it's only feuding through their albums. It makes Nas better IMO, Jay-Z is still good.

I was just wondering does everybody feel that Jay-Z first CD 'Reasonable Doubt" was hit best?

16. Mike90210

Yes I think Reasonable Doubt is Jays best album The Blueprint was fairly good also with the exception to Jigga that N**** and Hola' Hovito. Im not too into any of his other albums though, mainly cuz of all the guest appearances by Beanie Segal, Memph Bleek, etc...There were hardly any solo songs by Jay on those albums.

17. Shadowdean

Jay'z Best albums
    1) Reasonable Doubt
    2) Vol of my lifetime II (the one with the blackstreet song)
    BOth those albums are classic and can be listned to straight through.
    3) Blueprint - if you sit down and listen to Jay'z lyrics - they are hot.
    I think Jay'z focus now is less on his career and more really trying to blow up his family - Memphis Bleek (who is just average) and Beanie Segal (who'm I like).

18. PlugAndChug

Sorry Mike92123, I was mistaken. I was thinking of something else and confused it with Cannibal Ox. Yes, you are right, there are 2 people. Vast Aire and Shamar. Vast Aire is great, but his rap part in Willa Ford's song was the worst thing ever, BUT the video was great cause of Willa. =D

19. Shadowdean

Oh, wrong person for Willa Ford's song - that was Royce Da 5'9.

20. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

today's rap, sucks ass!!!

discuss.... /versus/images/icons/smile.gif