1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WHO SHARPENED YOUR VF STEEL???

Discussion in 'General' started by HotSauceNelly, Apr 29, 2019.

1. HotSauceNelly

HotSauceNelly Well-Known Member

Everyone needs a sparring partner or partners to help improve their VF skills. I've always felt that the best sparring system to have in place is a player that's a little WORSE than you, a player at your SAME skill level and a player that's BETTER than you. SOoo....who online or offline has helped you become a VF monster? What did they force you to learn? Who helped you sharpen your VF STEEL? :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

2. SlowCast

SlowCast Member

KyleVF on PSN. Insane mind games. Also forced to learn fuzzy & ECDC to deal with him effectively

VFnumbers and HotSauceNelly like this.
  3. HotSauceNelly

I feel you @SlowCast!!! In VF4Evo my main sparring partner was @adamYUKI. He forced me to learn extreme patience and defense. His style was simple, methodical and extremely effective.....and so a lot of that rubbed off on me. STEEL SHARPENED!!!!!

Second would be @Stl_Tim in VF Final Showdown. We no longer play much, but in the first few months he shared tons of frame data, flowchart possibilities and tech inspired by the Japanese.

And last but not least....In VF5 Final Showdown my main sparring partner is the man people love to hate.... @Jason Elbow. Without this dude I'd be no where near the level I'm at now. He taught me how to stand my ground in pressure situations, forced me to improve my side throw escapes, allowed me to learn several match ups since he plays multiple characters, gave me advice on what i could work on to improve...and the best thing about it is that even when the matches became more competitive.....he never changed! SALUTE GENTLEMEN....AND THANK YOU!!!! (y)(y)(y)

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  4. Chunky

Chunky New Member

My VF steel is still in the forging process. That being said it was @Stl_Tim that was the first one to talk to me. I wish I had more ability and processor speed to understand and retain the wealth of information that he is. I also believe that of all the ass whippings I have had he is by far the most proficient with @Jason_Elbow a close second. Thx Guys for letting me play. I really love this game!!

oneida, VFnumbers and HotSauceNelly like this.
  5. HotSauceNelly

@Chunky I'm sure your steel is already sharper than you think!!! (y)

Chunky likes this.
  6. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    VFnumbers likes this.
  7. HotSauceNelly

@oneida That bastard El Blaze will drive a person nuts if they don't know what he's doing. I now understand why your Lau is where he is! STEEL SHARPENED!!!!!

oneida and VFnumbers like this.
  8. jimi Claymore

jimi Claymore Well-Known Member

I don't feel i'm any VF monster lol but this is my history
    Some time ago when i was playing on PSN, i met some sick players from JP PSN there was a really strong Stormlord Lion (is name was zecbatch) i wasn't able take one game against Him/Her back in the day, but i learn a lot of stuff: how to proper delay my attacks and how to improve mi game against lows, i would love to face this Lion someday.

There was also a troll , his name was likeaVF(Jeffry and Jacky) or something like that, sending his "Give up" messages all the time and spamming moves in every chance, well i learned how highs mids and lows works and started to learn a lot of strings after so many losses, some years later i challenge the guy again i show him how "i don't give up".

last one but no least is all the people i have met in xbox, VF Area help me a lot how to deal with throws, i feel my fuzzy is a little better now lol, there is a lot of people who can put me on the line to be honest Jason, Nelly to say few.

At the end of the day i still hungry for more and i'm going to work for become a better player.

beanboy and Modelah like this.
  9. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    Everyone that I played against on xbox live vf5 vanilla. So many different play styles.Every battle, every loss , sharpen the VF Steel.

As for offline cozby, yupa, oneida for the battle sessions.

smb, social ruin, junosynth, risen glory, cozby(leifei), and cidkid to reinforce, learn new strategies, and playstyles with leifei.

kingofcarnage, shadowmaster, The WorstPlayer for the friendly online rivalies.

oneida likes this.
  10. HotSauceNelly

@jimi Claymore ""some years later i challenge the guy again i show him how "i don't give up!!!" I love that!!! When you get beat up over and over and over and over it makes it even better once you improve.
    Delablood is a name we all respect.....because your skills are the truth!!! I agree with you about LION; Fighting that character helps you so much when it comes to dealing with low attacks! STEEL SHARPENED!!!!!

jimi Claymore likes this.
  11. HotSauceNelly

@VFnumbers I've seen you play but I have yet to encounter a good Lei-Fei online. I can't wait until you and I get it in because Lei is the character I have the least experience against in Final Showdown....followed by Eileen. A good Lei-Fei is such a problem if you have no experience against it. So did you pattern your style after Cidkid...or are you guys totally different? As my VF Steel got sharpened I noticed that my style isn't like any other Vanessa I've seen. Every Lei looks the same to me but that's because I'm ignorant to the Lei-Fei way. Lol!

12. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    Cidkid Leifei is different and at another lvl. There were times I couldn't read and react to what he will do next offensive-wise with his leifei. :D

13. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call myself monster, but usually, anyone that I came across at the time to have a better understanding on what I was doing. I had a big load on me as it was, because I had an exclusive interest with jack of all trades with everyone (also with every FG I liked), so online for VF specifically helped alot.

I always do prefer someone better than me, because winning is boring and I learn more the opposite way. I would say that winning is only the cost of the duration of the process you're under-going and nothing more to that.

HotSauceNelly likes this.
  14. HotSauceNelly

@Lygophilia I give you props for playing many characters. I've always been a character loyalist to a fault. Lol! I love playing someone better than me.... but when you first start in my opinion it's better to have 3 distinct sparring partners; Weaker, Even & Stronger.

The 'WEAKER' player you use to experiment with creative flowcharts and new ideas. Since you know you can dominate this player if you wanted...it frees you up to try things out because you're not focus on winning. You'd be surprised how repetitive you get when you're really trying to win. And.....in the process you make that player better.

The 'EVEN' player you use for competition.

And the 'STRONGER' player exposes the weaknesses in your game you need to either modify or abandon.
    :D:D:D

Lygophilia likes this.
  15. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    I gotta say its was @bounty that sharpened my Steel! Followed by @HotSauceNelly. Both made learned to switch up my approach and become far more defensive. As well as crank out those max damage combos. Third would be @Junosynth. His Lion is so vastly different from mine its crazy. I learned a few setups and moves to use playing him. Good shit. On a side note: has anyone noticed how no one mentioned Cuck Money's name? Lol

beanboy and HotSauceNelly like this.
  16. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Whats your name on XBL? I dont remember a Chunky?

17. HotSauceNelly

@Jason Elbow How did I know you could not resist taking at least one shot at C Money?!?! Lol! I've only played @BBountyHuntyr twice but I can tell he's all quality. Hopefully I'll session with him someday.

beanboy and Jason Elbow like this.
  18. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    @Elite helped out a lot with the baby McTaka... and he's STILL wearing the nappies (diapers for you NA lot) lol

Elite, HotSauceNelly and Jason Elbow like this.
  19. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Elite? Psn?

20. HotSauceNelly