1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WHO SHARPENED YOUR VF STEEL???

Discussion in 'General' started by HotSauceNelly, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
  2. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    Everyone.

Modelah likes this.
  3. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Oh how in the hell could i forget. Offshore Randy my eternal rival/sparring partner. This guy has sharpened my steel the most out of everyone! I play this guy damn near everyday! Good shit brother!

jimi Claymore likes this.
  4. HotSauceNelly

HotSauceNelly Well-Known Member

@Jason Elbow Since you're one of those responsible for sharpening my VF STEEL....and @jimi Claymore since we've played a decent amount, you two would be able to answer this as well as anyone. Based on my fight style, tendencies, distance, rhythm, etc....what character could you see me using other than Vanessa???

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  5. jimi Claymore

jimi Claymore Well-Known Member

I would say Aoi, since your DS vane counter game is really good, you need to learn how to use Tenchi In'yō and learn his wall set ups.

Jacky is my second option here since he can actually beat a lot of attacks with good spacing and evades, Beat knuckle has a super really good range, but you need to learn Flash Sword Kick at some point if you really want to have the best of the character.

Jean, this one is really fun , easy to use (hard to master of course) and really strong, you should give him a chance.

At the end the best advice is just trying to apply your Playstyle and see if you like the results, if you are enjoying playing x or y character then is the right character.

Ares-olimpico and HotSauceNelly like this.
  6. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Jimi pretty much hit the nail on the head. I can totally see you playing all of these characters. More specifically Jean. I think his style fit you much more better. With your execution you could take advantage of his Kazama Combo-like Guard Break Fuzzy Killer. Also you have a keen intellect on VF basics which Jean trives at (right behind Jeff in my opinion). So if you ask me. You should play Jean.

7. leftylizard

leftylizard Well-Known Member

XBL:
    blue mouthwash
    Adamyuki. This guy is like the borg on star trek. You might get him once but he adapts to the point you feel like you are outclassed.

8. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    Its been about 11 years now but @Rodnutz took several evenings and taught me a TON about VF, Jacky fundamentals, and frames. I don't even recall how I ran into him online but he was generous enough to just help a random dude get better. One of those "pay it forward" moments for sure...It was also because of him that I made it out to one of the NY events. I am nowhere near the level of many here at VFDC but because of Rod I was able to get out of that stagnant beginner level.

Thanks!

9. BBountyHuntyr

BBountyHuntyr Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BBountyHunter
    XBL:
    BBountyHuntyr
    Denkai.

Jacky "Lightning" Bryant vs Aoi "Inashi" Umenokouji.

GT, Tricky, and Rodnutz too.

But the person who I always had to fight to earn my reputation, who sharpened my senses, and made me fight more creatively BUT every move being with a purpose?...

Denkai.

I thank everyone though.

10. Tha_FeauchA

Tha_FeauchA Yosha!

PSN:
    Medina_Rico
    Mmm. For me, I'd have to say bout the whole community of NA VF players.

Though some people I played more than others due to simply running into em more, I never had a person or a group of people I frequently played with. I've always just scraped for whatever scraps of matches I could find online against whoever was willing to play.