1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who will win VF4?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Sarahs_Boyfriend, May 6, 2002.

1. Jotaro

Jotaro Active Member

Hmm Lau won VF 1, Akira won VF2, Kage won VF3 (Always mistook it for Wolf) strange when Kage's supposed to be after Dural/Mom not the trophy.

Yeah Close call, Shun or Jacky or Wolf?
    Arcaders probably pick Jacky. How's the Tiering?
    How's VF4 Evo's storyline connected? Same Tourney or? Maybe Jacky wins in VF4 & somebody else in VF4 Evo? Heheh

2. Valiance

Valiance Well-Known Member

Regarding Lau's incurrable disease.... I seriously cannot see Lau leaving the Virtua Fighter series. He has been one of the main characters since the beginning. Maybe he will find a cure afterall in VF5 after finding no one worthy. If he does leave the series (dear God no!) then I would like Pai to slow down a bit and be given more power and be his successor. Not stupid Lei Fei, the most newbie loser of all. I also hope they bring back Taka some day.

3. berserker

berserker Active Member

My money is on Vanessa. She will win and protect Sarah from "J6". Lau will die and be replaced by new char. He will have all Lau´s current moves. Maybe Shun-Di should die too and his pupil will come to his place. After Vanessa Jacky is my second pick.

4. Jotaro

Jotaro Active Member

Haha how bout this next VF which shouldn't show up this soon, Lau & Shun "Disappears" & be replaced by their successors. Maybe a Dual Stance Pai?Like Sarah?
    (Secret Characters, but that's not VF's Style)
    BTW is Dural actually usable this time round in the Arcades directly in Evo?(Saw her in the Intro)
    Or Lau finally gets cured & well Shun Erhmm (Hey who cares, remember martial arts masters R always at their prime only when they start reaching Shun's Age heheh, didn't Shun say in VF 2, time to show the younger generation a thing or two, that age doesn't really affect one's martial arts abilities.)

Hey Lei Fei ain't lousy, heh At just Novice, he can whoop ass & win even without the player's full concentration on the game heh heh, I'm trying to use him but still lousy with him. Seen dudes at arcades who really kick ass with Lei Fei though. But yeah If Lei Fei is to get one more Stance think players may get totally blurred (BTW being a monk Lei Fei shouldn't take and keep another person's martial arts for himself, but hmmm maybe the storyline could make it such that the young novice monk Lei Fei understood that this was not the way & so he did not keep the martial arts.)

5. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

Lei is money...folks talk about Lei being predictable at higher
    levels but that's what the power of stance changing is for, and besides
    that Lei is one of those characters who has the ability, once he's floated
    you, or staggered, to do long life-draining combos that are demoralizing...not to
    mention the whole attacking-risers sickness he has...

I don't think Lau or Shun will be going anywhere, IMO these days since I
    believe the game is going through progressions that are only technical, not
    storyline-based. Lau may have a killer illness, but this plotline is probably
    designed to explain Lau's technical de-powering from his strong early
    incarnations (of course Lau still rocks hard, but not like the old days apparently,
    which is scary)...Lau is sick, and older, but he's too popular to be erased from
    the game. Shun is a different story but Shun is beloved in Japan (I think), and
    over there the whole idea of the old drunken monk or ragged ronin is culturally
    iconic, so you need the DPer. Personally, if the game was to evolve, I'd
    vote for Lei becoming a combination Lau/Shaolin fighter...
    he needs to grow white hair and a long white moustache and become a
    kung-fu supervillain badass, but still have a cured Lau trying to steal his villain
    thunder and regain superiority over Lei's parasitic stealing of Koen-ken.
    The Lau/Lei rivalry could become a fantastic sub-plot in a story-based
    game...

6. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

lau fists makes a good point for lau but think...if lei wins and learns koen-ken from lau, he could be the new koen-ken master, while lau dies...then again leifei fans will start riots. unless say lei-fie's master jumps in in anger cuz lei didnt kill lau as ordered...

7. Kousotsu

Kousotsu Well-Known Member

I think that there should be some form of a twist. /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif Ok I ts a little deep and most likely will never happen, but it doesn't hurt to suggest. Ok I think that Sarah should make it to the final round and defeat Dural. But some how Dural gathers up anough strength and jumps at Sarah bounding itself with her accomplashing J6's goal. But the twist is not Sarah becoming the new Dural. The twist is that some how Sarah is able to slightly fight off the evil will of Dural who is now deep within her. Giving Sarah a new look. A human / Dural mode. Another twist. Now that Dural has bounded with Sarah it evolves. It has some how been given its on free will. It no longer follows the orders of J6. This in which causes J6 to hold the 100th World Tournament or (VF5). In search of the out of control Dural. Many new characters could be added into the game because of this facter. Many old characters can return for the same reasons. Even though Dural doesn't have complete control over Sahar, it was still enhanced greatly. Stronger, faster, and smarter. All though it still has to fight off the strong minded Sarah who is trying to break free its hold on her. Dural likes these new abilities and hungers for more. So Dural desides to seek out the strongest fighters in the world and bound with them to create the perfect fighting being. So Dural takes a chance and throws itself at J6's bate knowing its a trap. Forcing Sarah to enter the 100th World Tournament knowing the greatest fighters of the world will gather there. In hopes that it can obtain its goal.

Feel Free to add to the story.
    Its Just for fun /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

8. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

I think Lau should pull a sword on Akira, cut of one of his arms and proclaim he is Akira´s daddy.

9. Kousotsu

Kousotsu Well-Known Member

Well I think kage should pull out a ninja star and throw it at Lau cutting off his poney tall and clam that he is Akira's GRANDADDY, Because he is Lau's daddy /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

10. Ura_Bahn

Ura_Bahn Well-Known Member

Lion should poke all other charecters in the eyes and take the title, because he is so great

11. Jotaro

Jotaro Active Member

Hmm J6 probably has the medical facilities for Lau's Cure & well Lei's not allowed to take the martial arts from a Non Shaolin based martial artist.
    Yeah man there's definitely gonna be Lei Player rioting if the dude take over as the KoenKen character.
    It's just not right.

12. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Virtua Fighter's storyline (The way it should be).

Akira: Defeated by Aoi, he gains a new admiration for his childhood friend. He trains even harder for their rematch in fifth tournament.

Aoi: Filled with renewed confidence after beating Akira she offers him a rematch in the fifth tournament to prove to herself that it wasn't a fluke.

Brad: Smitten by Sarah he realised that the tournament was not the walk in the park he thought it'd be. Brushing his defeat from Sarah aside to being distracted he trains hard in preparation for the fifth tournament.

Goh: Failing to kill the defector Vanessa he is however spared by J6 due to the success of a higher objective. Swearing not to fail again he vows to complete his mission in the fifth tournament.

Jacky: Winning the fourth world fighting tournament silenced the actions of J6 which interfered with his life and that of his sponsors. Unfortunately, in his efforts to protect his own interests he feels he failed to protect his sister Sarah who is now under the control of J6 once again. He enters fifth tournament to rescue her and finally put the J6 syndicate out of commission.

Jeffery: He still hasn't caught the shark, but during a heated battle with the giant fish he manages to wound it. Later he discovers that the flesh he had cut from the shark was mutated via man made chemicals created by a shadowy organisation. Further investigation reveals that this organisation has some presence in the world fighting tournaments. Still needing more money and curious as to the true origin of the shark that has plagued his livelihood he returns to the fifth tournament ready to win.

Kage: Kage Maru destroyed Dural, the cybernetic organism that was once his mother. He was prepared to put the past to rest until he discovered that J6 had designed a superior Dural, enraged he enters the fifth tournament to crush it and J6.

Lau: Beaten by Pai in the fourth tournament he admits his sins and trains his daughter in Koen Ken so that his life's work might live on before he eventually died, a forgiven man.

Lei-fei: Lei-fei was furious that he could not defeat Lau, even in his debilitated state before he died. Now, in the fifth tournament Lei turns his attention to Lau's daughter Pai, the successor of Koen Ken.

Lion: Though he didn't win the fourth tournament he comes away feeling stronger than ever. It's not until Lion discovers that his family is a founding member of the J6 syndicate that he tries to escape his destiny with renewed vigour by vowing to win the fifth tournament.

Pai: Finally defeating her father Lau she proves that she is worthy of his respect, not only as a daughter but as a martial artist in her own right. Accepting her father's apology she agrees to inherit Koen Ken. Pai returns in the fifth tournament to test her new abilities that her father taught her before he died.

Sarah: Though she failed to defeat her brother Jacky she none the less discovered that she possessed a strong fighting spirit that was not the product of her J6 conditioning. Unfortunately during the final rounds of the tournament she was ambushed and captured by J6. Combining the data they had gathered with the original Dural with the data they extracted from Sarah J6 created a new, improved Dural that they planned to unleash at the fifth tournament. Sarah, once again J6's puppet was dispatched to kill Jacky once and for all.

Shun: Following a lead that one of his former students had been kidnapped by the sponsor behind the world fighting tournament, Shun entered the fourth world fighting tournament to discover that his pupil had been murdered. Angered by his discovery he enters the fifth tournament to find those responsible for the crime.

Vanessa: Due to interference from Goh, Vanessa was unable to prevent Sarah from being recaptured. She returns to the fifth tournament to assist Jacky and make amends.

Wolf: While fighting admirably Wolf failed to win the fourth tournament. However, after the tournament concluded he had another dream where the true danger of his premonition was revealed to him. He enters the fifth tournament to ensure his vision never becomes a reality.

13. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

Re: Virtua Fighter's storyline (The way it should be).

Very logical progression there, in plot. Lau's death just doesn't
    make sense though (well, he's too cool-looking to die), and Pai's redemption is fine but she'd lose the
    major driving force behind her martial arts study. Besides that,
    she'd never take Lau out one-on-one; she doesn't have the
    killer instinct...unless Lau pulled a Darth Vader and was weakened
    by good fatherly love (and illness) enough that he'd be broken by
    his daughter. Lei is really the crux of the storyline; if he renounced
    Shaolin to learn Koen-ken (betraying Shaolin like many monks who eg "turned" during the rule of the
    Chings and became for-hire thugs), Lei's ulterior motive will
    most likely supercede his priestly qualities. The way he's been
    set up, Lei is pretty much what I think Lau must have been at a young age, with that same
    tilt toward selfish indulgence and egotism.

14. Demoniac

Demoniac Member

Interesting progression, Adio, however I find the following nearly impossible:

Laus Death: He will not die until the series dies. He's one of the defining characters, and will be there until the end. He's the most successful tournament fighter in the entire history of the series, winning the first tournament and reaching the finals of the second two.

Add to that his tremendous popularity and VF4s reticence (thankfully) to kill off characters at the whim of a writer like in the Tekken series, and Lau dying is practically inconceivable. This also eliminates the idea of Pai recieving Koen Ken in place of her chosen style of Crane Kung Fu.

Akiras defeat: No, Akira losing to anyone other than one of the other top four is highly, highly unlikely. And it's practically impossible that he would be defeated by Aoi, as she's one of the newest characters in the series, and is not nearly as popular as Akira. Akira losing to Aoi would be akin to Kage losing to Shun in the first round of the tournament. That is to say, as likely as the sun not rising tomorrow.

Kage killing his mother: Kage has always tried to redeem his mother, and to see him kill her off at this point in the series is highly unlikely at best. His current biography states he is once again trying to save her from J6. I think Kage would rather die himself than slay his own mother. It just doesn't make sense for him to do so.

Things I find unlikely from your proposed storyline:

Sarah returning to J6. Possible, but would the VF series really rehash this storyline yet again? I would find it more acceptable for Sarah to "turn to the dark side" of her own free will after her brother defeats her. She seems unnaturally obsessed with beating him.

The rest of your proposed storyline I find reasonable enough to accept, and I could see some of those ideas being used in the official storyline.

You know, though, one thing I will give the VF series storyline over the other storylines of fighting games is that, while it may not be much of a "storyline", at least it doesn't read like a bad soap opera. If you ever read the Tekken or Soul Calibur series, you'd probably find yourself growing tired of the cheesy sentiment and ridiculous overdramatizing of everything.

VF is in many ways more believable than those other two games as far as the storyline goes. It's mostly just a bunch of the best martial artists in the world joining a tournament to see who's the best of the best and test their own fighting skills, something you actually see happen on occasion in the real world. The VF storyline could use some work, but I prefer the current setup to another bad soap opera.

15. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Who defeats Shun, who does shun defeat?

16. redhead

redhead Well-Known Member

So does anyone actually know who wins the tournament????

17. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

not until part 5 i'm afraid, that's how it's always been..

18. redhead

redhead Well-Known Member

yeah i think this is a good way of deciding who wins the tournament , In tekken everone wins the tournament and inherets the mishima empire which imo is really stupid.

19. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

jacky should win cos napoleon won that tourney thingy.