1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WHO'S GOT THE BEST COMBO IN THE GAME

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by VCANEDA, Mar 25, 2002.

1. VCANEDA

VCANEDA Member

I THINK JACKY BUT IM OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS

2. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Jesus, give some parameters at least. You want practicality or raw power. You want stuff that comes from counting on the lamest setup on earth that will *never* happen in a match against anyone worth their salt with Jacky/Sarah? If that's what you're counting on, return the damn game, since you'll most likely be disillusioned at the fact that you'll NEVER land something like that against anyone that you should actually feel proud about beating. You'll just get bored and frustrated and want your DOA back, so save us all the time...

3. VCANEDA

VCANEDA Member

to be more specific i mean the most power my friend uses akira and takes off half of my energy with the same combo over and over.

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Well, you got your answer then, eh? Provided you have rudimentary coordination, Akira will meet or beat any other character in terms of straight up damage for a float.

5. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

I agree with nutlog about Akira's power. He can complete with any character.

Fav. Akira combo: ShRm, P, ShRm, DblPalm
    Fav. Wolf combo: f+K+G, f+P, df+P+K+G

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

eheh but only jerky can do the evil combo after hopping over a fallen opponent --->

back turned P+K -- f,f+K -- f+K -- P,P,f+K ....
    and I don't even know if this is the best damage he can possibly get. Instead of f+K, u/b+K+G can connect, and from there you can do d+P, d/f+K,K.

7. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Bah...and Akira's got
    evade rising to face their back, m-snglplm -> Yoho, P, m-shldr, m-dblplm.

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

sgpm doesn't combo into yoho, bummer! they can turn and guard, it's so slow. Unless I'm wrong. I tried it a few times.
    Also jerky gets two big hits prior to the floar combo, akira gets the sgpm, I bet jerky's is more damage. It's at least 120 pts anyway.

9. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Not from a back crumble they can't struggle away. It is a true combo, of that I'm sure. That's what I meant by the snglplm. It gives the same animation as Jacky's TT P+K mC when the snglplm is a mC in the back, which is not strugglable. So you get about 35 or so from the snglplm, the full 37 from the yoho and the rest is just gravy...it easily clocks in at 130 pts. Akira's is just as strong because the float scaling isn't so bad and he isn't wasting scaling on punches. They're all big hits except the P.

10. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Plus let's not forget iaigeri combos. Those can go up to 104-110pts.

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

but akira is suffering float scaling for the last two hits, while jerky might use b+K+G and combo off the flop... or pounce... ahh, what am I saying, akira's a fucker too. we should just figure out the best backdoor reaming combos for each and settle it using training mode.

12. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Wolf: with his slam juggle enders with automatic pickup gauranteed. His juggles offer more than just damage, but Yomi, after the pick up. =)

13. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

I don't know if this qualifies as a true combo, but here goes:

sgplm (wall hit)-> SPoD-> deep bodycheck for 127-132 damage points

Akira can be in either open or closed stance. The single palm (D, f+P) pushes the opponent into the wall. It has to be in or near a corner (I tried the "combo" in the corner to the right of the ring, in the background relative to where the characters begin the round). Once the character bounces of the wall, (s)he can be hit with the stun palm. The SPoD will push the character into the wall perpendicular to the first wall. Once the opponent bounces off of that wall, Akira can land the deep bodycheck (b, f, F+P+K).

It's a strange combo in my opinion, because it depends heavily on certain situations. The combo can be seen on Myke's Sydney Jam Clip 2, performed by Kim.

14. ken

ken Well-Known Member

I have the best combo!

15. YuniYoshi

YuniYoshi Well-Known Member

You lie! I have the best combo! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

16. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

Akira has 2 130+ wall combos,
    10+_ 70+ combos.
    possibly the best throw combos too.

17. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

If the definition of a COMBO is a series that is guaranteed after
    the first hit, then hands-down the best, strongest, and easiest
    combo is Lau's d/fP, PPPK off the wall, and maybe the UP-P divebomb
    stomp afterward. Just a deflating combo if ever there was one.

18. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

i doubt that is the strongest, and you aren't gonna rely on it on an open stage...
    most characters have insanely damaging combos when it comes to walls.

19. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

I guess I'm thinking "best combo" should be something that
    can be accessed at any time during a match, not necessarily
    the MOST damaging and not requiring a lot of variables like buffering
    knees and bounces and such. Lau's obvious PPPK with
    a good floater in front of it is still in the top three of strong, easy to get
    damagers. And the whole point of playing Lau is to get the opp. against a wall and then tear them apart, IMO.
    Of course, I'm talking about your average player, not someone who
    can perform more complicated stuff that I can't imagine getting off.

20. Meat

Meat Member

Dural has a few 130+ TFT combos /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif .

But seriously, I think Wolf and Akira have the best viable combos. I seem to recall that Wolf can do 100+ off a non-MC knee...