1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's here a Akira Nerd?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by kungfusmurf, Apr 30, 2002.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

I know I am & I would like to found out how many Akira players out there feels the same way.

2. Jebus

Jebus Active Member

wtf is a akira nerd ? /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

nah, my akira is just leisure now, not as serious as my VF3 one... i like to explore the meaty & mighty grapplers like wolf and jeff now...

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

nah, my akira is just leisure now, not as serious as my VF3 one... i like to explore the meaty & mighty grapplers like wolf and jeff now...

The original poster was asking for "Akira nerd" responses. If you're not an "Akira nerd", or don't even play him seriously anymore, why are you responding to this thread?

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

tragically ghostdog, akira is so uncool and unpopular (especially in japan! no clips of him at ALL!) that akira players have to come out retirement and admit their shame just to keep the thread alive.

6. blackshadow

blackshadow Well-Known Member

akira sucks i aint liked him since the original vf

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

you may not like him, but that doesn't mean he sucks... wouldn't surprise me if Akira's the most popular in VF4, he was #2 or 3 in vf.net rankings a month ago.

8. SPINMASTER X

SPINMASTER X Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SMX-001
    I can't deny it, i'm an Akira geek of the worst kind. I used to be a Shun Di, and Jacky player back in theVF 2 but when I got VF3tb i started out with Shun and Kage but then i dropped everybody and started with Akira and i've been hooked ever since. I am an Akira Nerd

*Puts on Akira Yuki underwear*

9. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

The original poster was asking for "Akira nerd" responses. If you're not an "Akira nerd", or don't even play him seriously anymore, why are you responding to this thread?

coz i stated that i "was" one, besides, along what what creed said, there are 8 posts in this thread, and only ONE is still an "akira nerd", i had to input somehow...

btw, it kindda makes your post seem even more pointless now doesn't it?...

10. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

Hello.

When I stretch in the morning, I sort of emulate the b,f+p+k. Charge it, and it feels better, too. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

11. ghostdog

Read the post, bare_knuckle93.

I had already acknowledged that you were an "Akira nerd". And before you posted, there were only two posts prior to yours.

My point was: since the original poster was asking for responses from "Akira nerds", your post doesn't contribute anything to the discussion because you don't play Akira seriously anymore.

I'm sure you only post for post count anyway, and I should have considered that. So I apologize for coming down on you and your pointless, contrbution lacking, noninformative posts./versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Kungfusmurf: Sorry for messing up your thread

12. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

That's OK, when you drop by NYC just show me how much of a Akira Nerd you are & we'll call it even.

13. takira

takira Well-Known Member

akira is the only charecter that makes vf unique & worth playing!
    I only use him since vf1:p

14. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

I don't think I would be playing VF, or loving it so much, if it wasn't for Akira. All the other characters are great but I can't see myself using them, well maybe except Kage.

15. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

Ghostdog, get your head out of your ass for once..

i can't contiribute to VF4 much because it has'nt come out in the UK yet for the PS2, so the only chance to play is at the arcades still..
    the only thing i can say is that i am, or was an akira nerd in VF3 and have not had a chance to practice so seriously.. for now, he's casual because i can only play wolf freely without long sessions in the trainng mode...

"I'm sure you only post for post count anyway"

one thing i love about this place is that people really do judge others, you can't have a thread without a smart ass quick to insult, not to mention you've tried so hard to do so through out this entire thread, that your comments are not even near to the topic either..

Do not hint me to be a spammer when i am not one, i only say what i can.. even though i could'nt give a toss about post count, i like to contribute in discussions if i am not breaking any rules in doing so, which i must say that the flames here are not even nearly as bad as the welcome wagon to new people especially..

people like you make me wanna hate VFers.......

16. ghostdog

one thing i love about this place is that people really do judge others, you can't have a thread without a smart ass quick to insult

Riiight. I'm trying to insult you by asking that you stick to the topic. I feel soooo ashamed.

not to mention you've tried so hard to do so through out this entire thread

Wrong again. When I posted the first time, I asked that you stick to the topic. When I posted again, it was in response to you trying to flame, like you're doing in this post. And I still don't understand how I'm trying soooo hard to make you look bad. You've been asked to use the search function before, and you didn't flame. Is this that much different?

people like you make me wanna hate VFers.......

Calm down, bare_knuckle93. I apologize. I thought that your original post had nothing to do with the topic, so I snapped at you. No need to hate VFers because of lil' ol' me. I reacted without thinking first. My bad.

Again, I apologize. Just drop it and move on. I have.

Oh yeah, I'm an Akira nerd, and I've been one since VF2.