1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

who's the best character?

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by sircharlz, May 12, 2002.

1. sircharlz

sircharlz New Member

Hey guys,

Just got VF4 yesterday. Awesome game. But don't know which fighter would be the best to use for mastering him /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif
    I want someone who is like average. Not slow & somewhat strong.

PEACE

2. OhgmA

OhgmA Active Member

3. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Member

Akira,Aoi,Wolf,Paî and Vanessa is the BEST character for me /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. Ellinas

Ellinas Well-Known Member

VF4 is very well balanced. All characters can be effective, you won't be limited by your character. Don't worry about who the best is, just pick who you like.

I have to disagree with Ohgma about the choice of Shun or Lei Fei as starting characters. Shun is possibly the hardest character to play effectively. It's very easy to win with Lei Fei, but chances are you'll just end up mashing and you won't really get any better at VF4. You did say "master" after all, so I assume you want to get good at the game. Starting with Jacky on the other hand is a great way to learn the basics of VF4. He's very straightforward and easy to play.

You might want to use the search function, as this has been said before many times. Good luck anyhow.

5. OhgmA

OhgmA Active Member

doh.. i meant lau not shun just cause of those damn ppp combos :) tis true just pick who u like, play awhile with someone that looks cool to you. whomever you choose if you use that person enough youll get used to em and eventually get good with em

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

This chart is based on Ver B of VF4

There were lotsa changes from Ver B to Ver C...
    thus, an outdated chart.

Search Feixaq's old post for a updated chart.

Then again..charts shouldn't influence anyone's decision to play whichever character they feel like.

7. Vanessasman

Vanessasman Member

well i chose venessa becuase i wanted a defensive character like Aoi and Akira but at the same time i dont like to block much in the end i went for Venessa becuz of her 2 stances.

But that was my choice evry 1 isnt like me so chose who attracts to your personallity

8. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

Akira because he looks cool and his moves and combos are Ultra powerful. Oh nevermind um,You should pick Jacky for beginner level then when you get comfortable with the game choose someone like Lei.

9. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Vanessa seems easy to learn, but she's up there w/ Shun & Akira somewhere. Not too hard to master, but she's quite readable. She does have a lot of strenght, and a phat ass to boot.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

The absolute best character for begginers is Lei Fei, at least in my opinion. When you get better you should try to master Akira or Shun.