1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's the best player?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Jul 29, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I wonder who is the best player in the world.... Do u know it?
    plz tell me that... and i wanna see the man's play.
    I heard He is Korean guy and Many good players are in Korea.
    I wanna go there if give me chance.
    Who know it?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello!
    I 'm Japanese,and I like "virtua fighter" too.

Certainly,there is many good players in Korea.
    When VF3 world chanpionship tournament was held , the winnner was a Korean player called "Akira kid".
    But,recently,Japanese players become verystrong.
    Particulaly,a Japanese player called "yamiyodare-Jacky" is special.It's very difficult to beat him,and except for him,there is many good players in Japan.
    If you have a chance to visit Japan,I admire that you play with him.Without fail,You'll realize that he is very good player.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I've also heard about that that korean guy. Yes, he plays as akira ,and there was a rumour that he had made a record of beating 280 opponents or so. And that was a straight win without a single lose. I know this may sound too much and i haven't got any prove for it. Actually i'm not buying it myself. This guy may sound stunning but,however, it's hard to believe that he is the strongest vf freak in the world 'cos the world is pretty big you know. There must be some crazy bustard that can beat this guy.

BTW, I think vf is far more popular in Asia than in the west. So it will not surprise me if the best players will be Asian guy 'cos they 've got more chance to practice and compete with a lot of people who are great at the game.

PS. i'm really interested with that Jacky guy in Japan. I've never heard of any top class player who plays as Jacky. Generally, they will play as Akira , Lau ,Jeffry ,Wolf , kage or something like that.

4. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

i thought yami-yodare was a (top level) kage player...no?

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Clearly the best player is me.

6. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

...in Durham, SC, of course.

7. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

That's Durham, NC...of course.
    /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-<font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=blue>DOG</font color=blue>

8. Guest

Guest Guest

To Trigger
    In Japan,it's considered that Jacky is very efficient character in VF,so there is many good Jacky player in Japan,and their movement is cool.

To uk_kid
    Oh,do you know him?
    When he plays in real earnest, he plays as kage.
    But,at first,he played as Jacky,and it's difficult to beat him.
    I thought his Jacky's movement is the best.

9. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

i don't know him - i just heard he plays kage....

10. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

Its cool to get hear from some japanese players! I remember a few years ago when hardcoregaming.com was popular, I read about a japanese guy who played Lion and was so good he would win by moving and positioning himself near the edge of the ring and ringing his opponents out, even though they almost always knew thats what he was going to do. I even saw a fight clip of him in action... pretty cool stuff. I wonder what happened to him?
    -DMan-