1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Whos the chinese pai guy that goes to play to win?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by archangel, Jan 10, 2003.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if he goes here but he was pretty good, so if your are here mystery pai guy expose yourself (i need help)

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

*news flash*

not EVERYone posts at VFDC... /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

*another news flash*

he's probably thinking "who the hell are you!?" or "nah, it can't be me out of the MANY pai players in the VF community"

but yeah, he was pretty good... you'll probably see him again next gathering

3. archangel

oh well it was worth a try.

4. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

u say play to win, which one u talkin about the one in oxford st, also is he slightly stocky build?.
    i might of seen him too.

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

yeah, sort of, .... i think u got it.

hmm, ok.... now who are u?

i'm a wolf player, and i go there alot, i'm darkish skin with curly black hair, and i normally wear a grey & black fleece.. are angel is a big fat black guy (j/k) who normally picks pai..

6. Cupcake_Desu

wot a small world eh? im that chinese guy who plays pai. i said i saw him around just to see if it was me u were refering too.
    Honoured that im considered a pretty good pai player as ive been practising with the experts for quitesome time ( though i lose and win here and then) and im picking up tips on how to play like a pro. But honestly i aint that good yet. but thx for saying. check out my pai strategies thread as ive played this for quite some time and explained afew things about her new moves, but forgot her strategies put them in another time.

7. archangel

i not sure your the one i'm talking about your not skinny are u.

8. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    This thread is quite funny, anyway Cinderella I mean the pai guy is Zeng he does read the board and goes by the name DeLune on VFDC, I'm afraid he doesn't come down to often because he doesn't live in London he'll be back in 4 weeks I think.

How about everyone comes down to Play 2 Win on Friday 5pm meet up and play and learn more about the art of VF.

9. archangel

so who is the guy above then, the guy i'm talking about is quite tubby guy (no offense), whos this guy zeng your talking about. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dont know if i'm gonna be able to make this friday since 'm gonna be there on saturday as well,

10. Cupcake_Desu

i aint tubby!!!!!!!!!! mama said im big boned boo hoo,
    didnt u beat me as pai, or did i beat your friend with pai???????

11. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

uhh, i'm confused.... /versus/images/icons/ooo.gif

12. archangel

yeah i beat you once i think and i lost once something like that. Also i managed to pull off pai's [2] [P]+[K] trip move on u /versus/images/icons/grin.gif . Hopefully that will clear it all up.

13. vosor1

vosor1 Well-Known Member

right...to end it all there are two main asian pai players.one is kind of chubby and the other is slim with glasses (zeng) - of the 2,zeng is far the better player,so if you want to ask for anyone`s help with pai,ask him..

nuff said...

14. archangel

I saw u at play to win as well, i think u beat bareknuckle cant really remember anyway since zeng aint here nothing much i can ask him and there nothing wrong with asking someone else is there.

15. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

zeng, eh?..... what a nusance,........well, at least i took off his goh with meh wolf, so i'm kindda happy. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

and just to clear things up, i think i only played vosor two matches that day, one i won (with a nice *exellent* the first round), and the next, he won, the only thing is that he took me off coz i only had one credit left from playing zeng where as he had a nice fresh two..

hold on, no, i did play him another 2 credits i think with lion, and he beat me fair and square two matches i think. nice matches, i look forward to saturday where i can get beat down by other UK heads.... sometimes it only takes other people to *really* show u your current skill level.. /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif

16. archangel

So i guess that all been cleaned up. u defintly going then

17. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

just to watch the pros in action......... yeah, why not. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

18. Cupcake_Desu

probably right there that this zeng bloke is the better player but its good to get diffrent tips from a variety of pai players so u can mold into your own style.
    Also I AINT CHUBBY!!!!!!!! its puppyfat /versus/images/icons/grin.gif he he.

19. Cupcake_Desu

also a good tip is to play with the pros hence why i lose so much cus u learn alot from playing them like low throwing after missed or bloked low sweeps, or getting out of throws, sidestps, juggles etc etc,
    it helps as ive posted a few wins over some of the pros,i beat a guy with dreads the other week who plays with wolf, but then he thrashed me twice so i like to think im getting lil bit better

PaulMartinKPG likes this.
  20. ButtonMasher

ButtonMasher Active Member

i played some good pai player the other day, he was good but i overpowered him with my sneaky attacks, then he overpowered me when he learned my techniques. i have never played against top players in the uk, so i hope i can get to the tourney on saturday