1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Whos the chinese pai guy that goes to play to win?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by archangel, Jan 10, 2003.

1. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

well this thread is dead maybe someone should delete it .

2. Electro_Jacky

Electro_Jacky Well-Known Member

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    Anyone alive around here?

Pai~Chun likes this.
  3. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

i ahvent seen any players around these days. Unless noone turns up on saturdays no more.

4. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

well, i aint gone to the arcades 4 time, an when i do theres no one there@ lavegas or play2win:(

5. archangel

I'm short on cash at the moment and plus evo is out on the ps2 next month so i'll think i'll wait.

6. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Will the Evo be out next month for sure?

Someone still doubts whether Evo will be released or

not. It would be great if it comes out next month.

7. archangel

Well I dont know what the amercians are getteing it but i heard it was the 27th of june for the PAL release.

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hehe, what happend to the UK scene anywayz? i think the evo cabinet is starting to get cobwebs /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif. do people go to p2w or las vegas? coz i've never been bothered to go anywhere other than p2w. lol

meh, atleast i'm getting time to practice^^

9. Electro_Jacky

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    Well everyone i know play's on the Jap versions at home plus i'm a bum now so it works out alot cheaper too /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. archangel

Only a couple more weeks to go, then i can finally get up to speed with pai.

11. RandomHajile

4 real, ive been playing the jap ps2 one since day one, took 160days for 100% an 55days 4 the fastest compleat, kinda like that funky vf1 remix muisc at the end, but i bust my ps2 stick so cant play akira:(
    hopfully if dl get together a ps2 evo thing, peeps could floss the new skills:)

12. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    hopfully if dl get together a ps2 evo thing, peeps could floss the new skills:)

[/ QUOTE ]

with all this derrik talk, i don't think the VF peeps will turn up wanting to play EVO..

*picks up baseball bat and joins cue* /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. RandomHajile

yea well, talk is just that... talk.
    its not that deep, unlike real vf play.... haha

14. archangel

Real vf4 evo play, aint gonna be seeing that for a while.

15. Electro_Jacky

PSN:
    electrolex
    XBL:
    electro lex
    Well why don't we all try and arrange something ourselves?

16. RandomHajile

exactly, anyways it will be interesting 2 see what new techniques hav' learnt since the console ver release:)
    but whos gonna sort it?

17. archangel

Well i aint learnt much since the console release is not out yet /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

18. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

yah, i dun want to get bang up by importers either... /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

19. Zakuta

Zakuta Well-Known Member

...heh, i'm a bit late on the ball - ah well...

...so, where does everyone play now anyway, I really want to get into the game (just brought it and been practicing random stuff etc. etc) and get better - and no-one rolls into P2W anymore (apparently it was because of the sticks - I didn't have a problem before when I didn't play VF - but as I grown acustomed to my character [Sarah] I couldn't do a collection of moves on them!).

...so if you see one guy playing Evo in P2W on a Friday using Sarah - then go over to play SC2 using Taki/Ivy - that's me. :p

20. archangel

The Sticks, thats the main reason for me why i dont go to P2W anymore i think most people now have the imported game at home (the lucky ones thats is) i think dynamic league are gonna start some fighting tourney up but with it's track record i cant imagine anybody turning up not unless it's gonna be as good as the organisers say it will.