1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's the strongest?

Discussion in 'General' started by ice-9, Jun 16, 2000.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Harold says...

"Just a quick question -- you guys are sure the follow ups are guaranteed right?"

Positive. Having trouble with the QCF+P? Buffer in the command like this: df,df,f+P. It's like a crouch dash into single palm with Akira. This gives more length to the QCF+P without sacrificing speed. As for f+S+K... buffer the command like this: f,F+S+K. Hold the second forward to draw it out more. P,f+P should be easy enough: f,f,N+P,f+P. Make sure the stick is neutral. Just be fast for all of them.

"Does the f+P+S have to be counter or anything?"

Nope. But it helps for total damage. Ouch!

Also... Acel said that you can avoid multiple f+S+P with a

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Yeah. Rite.

"Your right about a normal throw interrupting f+s+p."

I said something about this in my other post today, but it didn't show up at the end. Why do my messages always get cut off? =(

Anyway, I have tried this with my friends and whenever they try to stop multiple f+S+P with throw attempts, they end up getting counter thrown by my f+S+P! Just do another one like you were trying to combo off f+S+K: f,F+S+P. Drag it out a little and do it fast as possible. They should recover right into Jann's foot and get thrown again (unless they go low). Just be really fast. I've never been thrown out of multiple f+S+P and I don't think it's because my competition sucks. ;)

3. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Yeah. Rite.

Hey Harold, I was messing with Jann Lee yesterday in the Sparring mode and yep, sure enough, they registered as combos. I personally find the QCF+P easier to do than f+K+S! Something else I discovered about Jann Lee. After you do the mid-punch reversal, there is no need to crouch dash. Jann Lee must recover low after the reversal, because a simple b,f+P would get you his WOO-TAH! /images/icons/smile.gif

Anyway, when Acel was here we did try out that f+S+P thing, and it is theoretically possible--if your reflexes and eyes are fast enough--to interrupt Jann Lee out of a f+S+P with a throw. Look for his leg to move and immediately execute the throw. I doubt anyone would be able to be that quick, but...ya never know...!

While you're reading this, I got another semi-useful combo for Lei Fang that I uncovered today while messing around with her that you may add to the Chi-Crew Combo FAQ. u/f+K,K -> P, d/f+P, P+K or d/f+P, d/f+P, P+K (tough) or f+P,K. The first two combos hit about 70-75 pts, which is significant. The catch is that the u/f+K,K can only hit as a normal move. If it hits as counter the opponent will actually fall to the ground faster.

ice-9