1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's you best character?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Slayer, Aug 24, 2002.

1. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Take a wild guess. /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

2. redhead

redhead Well-Known Member

Man i went into free training with Akira to practice SPoD, it was hard at first but within 15 minutes i could pull it off against a dummy opponent,now today i was doing it quite freely against kumite opponents at a high rank.I must say that Akira is quite a character despite what i may have said about him in the past he is now easily one of my best characters and is a hell of alot easier than he is made out to be..

3. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

i thought the same about him at first, i mean i only really focused on learning him in VF4, i pretty much ignored him on the previous ones, yeah but once you get his hard moves down, and be able to do it constantly, he's just llike any onther character.

4. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

kage-high king
    pai-dragonlord
    lion-stormlord
    jeffry-thunderlord
    lei fei-thunderlord
    shun-hero
    lau-10th dun

those are my guys 10th and above /versus/images/icons/ooo.gif

5. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

Does anyone have Akiras dunce items and sun tattoo.How do you get to keep them?

6. redhead

redhead Well-Known Member

when i got kage bunny and i took it off it then became selectable in my items

7. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

I did what someone told me to do when I had it but I couldn't keep it.That sun tattoo is cool I want it so bad!

8. lionrulz77

lionrulz77 Active Member

I don't mean to be a downer, but all of you seem to have a sort of 93% to 98% sort of win ratio, and although I am still a beginner (with Lion by the way) my win ration is 100%
    How do I do that I hear you ask, well, whenever you are about to lose a match, simply press start, then return to main menu and go again, you will fight the same person again, or you can reset the console and it will let you fight against a different person, I know it takes a while but it helps you see!
    Thanks, please e-mail me any game tips at auronmaster77@yahoo.com, thanks! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

9. Dougydug

Dougydug Well-Known Member

Oh reeally!... you idiot.. of course we know that... but while playing kumite only proves your skill against a computer, doing that proves that not only you can'y even beat the computer which is OK but you can't even face defeat!?... you won't even learn from your mistakes and be doomed to thinking you've 'completed' the game spectularly which is OK becuase we'll all know that you are a scummy cheater without the VF skills to match your pointless and stupid arrogance...

10. tzgorr1

tzgorr1 Well-Known Member

Whoa, that was kinda harsh Dougydug...but it was funny to read.

Anyway, my stats are:

KingTZ
    Jacky
    Thunderlord
    ~680/121
    84% winrate
    All items except short brown wig.

note: I lost practically like 50 of the 121 matches when I was in 1st Dan trying to get to 2nd.
    And then I learned the block or evade!

11. Dougydug

Yep, it was kinda harsh... Anyway, my stats are
    Lei-Fei 840 odd wins, about 20 odd defeats, most items... High King... If you count the 100 win item thing... 97% ratio.. I'm about the mid dans with Lau, Wolf, Aoi, erm possibly someone else but I don't really like playing the other chars....

12. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

Thats pretty good.

13. Dougydug

Re: Who's you best character

yeah... but the only human player in there is my younger bro' (kage) and I always beat him... sigh... I COULD post my strategies w/ Lei against the Cpu if ppl want me to, but that would be a totally new thread...

14. lionrulz77

lionrulz77 Active Member

I realise that I am not exactly as good at Virtua Fighter as you lot, but I will give you info on my characters anyway (check the win ratio by the way!)

character; Lion
    ring name; Frieko
    rank; 2nd dan
    wins; 30 odd
    losses; 0
    ratio; 100% (cool yes?)
    items; about five
    1P outfit; all blue with black and orange cap and necklace.
    2P outfit; red upper body, grey lower body with necklace.

This is my best character although he is not very good at the moment! (does anyone know an easier way to get items?)

Thanks
    Bye! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

15. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

Nice one.

16. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

I'm not here to flame anyone or clear my own little spot around the cookie to add some extra icing but I don't have anything better to do right now (at work), so I guess I'll do a little of both. I've played vf vigourously since 2 and I've learned that the computer (surprise!) is an idiot and hardly a worthy opponent. Any reasonable handle on a particular character and some basic grasp of the game will defeat your hapless cpu controlled opponents almost without fail and often to the tune of "excellent!". This is without cheating. Cheating will most assuredly convince you that your lei fei (or whomever) is an unstoppable juggernaut of doom whose vicious combinations simply shouldn't be unleased upon an actual living, breathing, THINKING human for fear of feelings(or records) being soiled. Ladies and gentlemen, please, by all means soil them durned records. Bring a friend or five over and pound them mercilessly until they get pissed and buy the game themselves or won't leave your house for days at a time so that they can steal your preciously hoarded items and gank your ranking from you. This is what I did. My Jacky (YOJIMBO) has 1600 fights (about 900 vs HUMAN BEINGS) with 78% wins and is sitting at subjugator until my boys start moving up a bit. My goal is to get to high king or emperor at the expense of my boy's lau (D AGGRESSOR) who's sitting at 10th dan with about 800 fights and 53%...oh, his 47% loss rate didn't happen at the hands of sony. ciao.

17. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

lionrulz, look at the faq and go into versus mode, do any objectives that can be done there. ex. you can get yellow sunglasses just by only using U,p+k for an entire round....which is easily dont in versus mode

18. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

You mean you played the same five guys to get 78%, or you've
    diversified and played many different people that you didn't know
    or were not superior to, in order to achieve this?

19. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

I don't get what you are saying at th top. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

20. What's up people?

While I'm new here,I hope that I can learn some cool stuff on here.
    While I do love EVERYONE in that game,I have to say that my all time fav is Jacky Byrant.He fits me most,and his moves are awesome.I've just got started in that game(Played Virtua Fighter on,and off for years,but getting back to it.)because I've been on Tekken WAY to much,but in terms,I have Jacky look like GOKU with some shades,and a necklace.I'm at 4th Dan,with 117 wins,and only 3,or 4 loses.What's the Highest rank in that game?And also.....what's Jacky's best moves,and defenses,and combos?I can play with him,but I just wanna get started with my journey with him.Who's the popular charatcer in that game now?Hope that's not alot of questions.Thanks.