1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's you best character?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Slayer, Aug 24, 2002.

1. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

my point is, i don't consider 78% or 30% or 99% wins an achievement. using jacky to hit the computer with p+k,p d+p, d+k>k then g until it lets me k+k, stomp, shuffle df+k,k stomp etc (or something more or less like this) in order to beat basically everything it throws at me is never nearly as satisfying as losing to a human against whom i'm using my entire arsenal along with every bit of my skill and guile and deception. i'm much more proud of the losses to human opponents than my victories against the game engine. also, we don't have the biggest pool of players at my house but with five roommates and groups of 10-15 on weekend mornings (we all work nights at the same restaurant) playing hotseat, i would say there is a fair crowd about my television reasonably often. beyond all of this, it is a videogame and i am sure i'm not at a level to consider anything in its spere an achievement, though occasionally i'll save a good match because it sure seems so at the time.

2. LtTitan

LtTitan Well-Known Member

Hey, why doesnt anyone use Wolf? I have been dominating with Wolf for the past few weeks only losing about 5 or 6 matches and winning around 30 or 40.
    Anyways, my character is Wolf mainly...

Wolf Hawkfield
    Ring Name: Fire Tiger
    Wins: 236
    Losses: 17
    Win percentage: 93%
    Fire Tiger Mask, Spiked Brace, Workout Gloves,

I also have an Akira named LtTitan (He sorta looks like me) and a Shun Di named Uncle ("One more thing! Never question Uncle!")

3. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

Lion would probably be my best guy...im at an incredibly low rank but he is still my best guy by far

4. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

Well, in Kumite there's no question that Lei Fei is the character
    to use; once you develop a system of moves you can beat any Kumite
    character of any rank (up to Stormlord types and even then...); in order
    not to seem cheesy, I try to alternate Lei's attacks, but essentially any
    strong Lei series will dominate the computer for some reason, probably
    because the computer doesn't struggle out of many staggers, but I'm not
    sure. Also the computer almost never blocks Lei's jumping inashi (?) attacks when AI
    is rising.

5. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

Sweet stuff guys....

6. Netrom

Netrom Well-Known Member

I play mostly with Akira, but sometimes with Jacky to.
    My stats with Akira

Wins: 2006
    Loss: 956
    Win %: 67 %

I play mostly in VS mode, that's the reason for the bad win rate. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

7. 1k1k

1k1k Active Member

Aoi, by far.

My Kumite char's stats suck cuz she was the second char i learned (and i would always play aggressively/offensively and get stomped)..but now that her moves have become second nature to me i do about 9-1.

Second would be Pai cuz i learned her first and third, Akira, cuz i spend way too much time trying to work those elaborate combos.

8. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

Akira
    Hugh
    High King
    1124 wins
    25 losses.
    win ratio 97% (2500 fights and its 99)

Jacky
    Thunderlord
    wins 458
    losses 4
    win ratio 99

9. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

Cool..Keep them comin you guys.

10. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

Well, personally I'm best with Aoi and Lei against the computer. However, I have a system of series for Lei Fei that I think are cheap because I can land them and the computer never learns how to avoid even at high levels, and when I can't land those series I kind of struggle. With Aoi, I can adapt quickly, though I depend on throwing WAY too much. Great Aois can rip your ass out with her elbow attacks and PPPdK, but I struggle there. And the computer is moronic about ring edges...I've won a fair percentage of matches doing ring-out throws.

In a way, it's almost cheap with Aoi also, since G-cancelling is useless against the CPU practically, and when you think about it, AOI is doing all the work...I just input the throws and she busts them out. Against high Dans, throws are escaped more, but you just have to think faster about which throws the comp is locking out in that round and switch up.

11. Elven

Elven Member

Mine are Kage and Lau.

Kage-Maru
    Ring name: Draco
    WIns: 234
    Losses: 36
    Items: 6 ( I cant seem to get any more )

Lau
    Ring name: Serj
    Wins: 64
    Losses: 3
    Items: 4

Can anyone tell me how to get more items for Kage please? I cant find out how to get them.

12. BZZ

BZZ New Member

Jacky Forever !!!

13. Ura_Bahn

Ura_Bahn Well-Known Member

Lion and Akira are my hommies

Lion
    Rank = Demon Lord
    Ring Name = <font color="orange">Pointy Fist</font color>
    Wins = 603
    Loses = 116
    Win Ratio = 83%
    1P = Silver Hair, Green Top, Brown Bottom, Silver Knuckles.
    2P = All Red, Blonde Hair
    Total Items = 37

Akira (A.I System File)
    Rank = 10th Kyu
    Ring Name = <font color="orange">Saiko Fist</font color>
    Wins = 1
    Loses = 23
    Win Ratio = (Cant remember but is gonna be crap)
    1P = Default
    2P = Default
    Total Items = 0 (Dont play him much)

14. Robio_kun

Robio_kun Well-Known Member

Wolf -Dragonlord - 96% Atlas

Aoi - Emperor -79% Robin (that's me....)

The reason Aoi's win rate is so low is that I started learning how to play with her. I am currently winning about 95% of matches with her. There is no better feeling than connecting with [2_],[3]+[P]+[K],[4]+[P]+[G].

15. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

Very nice men...Keep up the good work. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

16. skankyolho

skankyolho Member

In my humble crusty- eyelidded opinion - the characters are very well balanced on the whole considering the large array of styles of techniques available. I think that lei fei (leafy) has the most easily accessible moves for the beginner (although they become rapidly cheesy), and that pai is the fastest overall (particularly with specific evasive techniques & a range of fast-unloading h,m&l attacks.My personal favorite is akira - probably because I find him the hardest to get flowing. I have struggled to the 7th dan with a friggin pad so its time to get a stick b4 the arthritis sets in for good.Akira could have had a fraction more leeway for input of difficult command execution- it would have made him a lot more appealing for your average Joe Plebian to use.I am a higher rank with Kage, Vanessa,Aoi & Lei, but I don't seem to use them as much anymore.

Never give a sucker a compound fracture...

17. Brav

Brav Member

Well I've got 3.
    Kage: "Zanimitsku" Dragonlord
    W: 803 L:66 92%
    Akira: "ShinX" High King
    W: 1484 L: 112 92%
    Lion: "Brav" High King
    W: 2613 L: 284 90%
    I really enjoy Lion's blazing speed, but since I've been playing as Akira for a while now, I enjoy Akira slightly more because of his overwhelming power. Kage is nice because of his reversals and stances, but he's kind of awkard still for me. (BTW, about my Akira's name: I liked ShinZ's Akira, so I named mine ShinX, as a joke...but I got really good with him, so I kinda wish I had named him something more original now and then.) /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

18. Ura_Bahn

Ura_Bahn Well-Known Member

My Lion has gained a few ranks since i last posted. As you can see my Akira A.I still untouched, i find him boaring to watch, his moves such as [K] + [G] + [K] should be change to something easier

Lion
    Rank = Battle Lord
    Ring Name = <font color="orange"> Pointy Fist </font color>
    Wins = 726
    Loses = 117
    Win Ratio = 86%
    1P = Blue Hair, Green Top, Brown Bottom, Silver Knuckles.
    2P = All Red, Blonde Hair
    Total Items = 37

Akira (A.I System File)
    Rank = 10th Kyu
    Ring Name = <font color="orange"> Saiko Fist </font color>
    Wins = 1
    Loses = 23
    Win Ratio = (Cant remember but is gonna be crap)
    1P = Default
    2P = Default
    Total Items = 0 (Dont play him much)

19. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

already posted but didnt add in my pathetic stats =/

I wrote them down just now so here it is

Lion
    rank-4th dan
    wins-270(ish)
    loses-31
    win percentage 89%
    P1-green sunglasses, windheart pendant, yellow jacket, black shorts
    P2-grey everything, white helmet

20. Slayer

Slayer Well-Known Member

Sweet all,sorry I haven't been here...I was on tours all month...(skateboarding tours)