1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's you best character?

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Slayer, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Raider

Raider Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    replicant said:

It's ok, you can tell people you are a Shakira fan.
    Not many will pick on you for it. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So your point being....?
    If you can tell me 2 things why I shouldn’t like her music, I would appreciate it.
    But somehow I’m quite sure that you really don’t know anything about her music or me for that matter.
    But if you are determined to hate all from the beginning then there is really nothing I can do about it.

So what are you going to say?
    “You pathetic looser, you are listening to Shakira’s music, *haha*â€Â
    Please grow up man, this is retarded. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Anyway I can’t see that this subject is in anyway linked to “Who's you best character?â€Â, so if you really want to take this further send me a PM or make a new topic at general.
    Or be a wise guy and just let it be. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peace. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

Well here's the stats I've come up with so far ( don't laugh at the back!)

Sarah:Dragonlord
    29 items 750 wins 135 losses

Akira:Demonlord
    23 items 702 wins 86 losses (this ones still on going)

Aoi:Hero
    15 items 239 wins 34 losses(as is this)

Vanessa:1st. Dan(Rah!! feel my wrath!)
    3 items 32 wins 6 losses(I've only just started this one)

3. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

/versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gifHAHA!!! /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    OMFG, you got bent over this. haha /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I was playing a bit of tongue in cheek over the fact that you wouldn't say who sang the album you liked enough to put in your sig. Damn bro, I wasn't comdemning your choice of music. I personally think her music sucks, but she is hot. I cannot disagree there. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Also, I know quite a bit about her since my girlfriend loves anything Spanish-Languaged based in music. My GF was born and raised in Puerto Rico, so I've heard a *A LOT* of spanish music.

Calm down and chill man. Listen to what you want to. Nobody cares. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. Raider

Raider Well-Known Member

*Hehe*...actually I don't need to chill down man, because I never was upset or mad at anything.
    In my opinion I never typed anything that may have offended you, if you reacted on the fact that I called this retarded, then I apologize.
    But of course I assumed (and also gave you a reply) that you had something against me liking Shakira's music when you type things like this:

<font color="red">Its ok, you can tell people you are a Shakira fan.
    Not many will pick on you for it.</font>

And now when I gave you a reply about it, you are saying:

<font color="red"> “I was playing a bit of tongue in cheek over the fact that you wouldn’t say who sang the album you liked enough to pun in your sig.â€Â
    </font>

Ey dude, I have her freaking face on my avatar, don’t you think people should figure it out that it is something about her when I have a Spanish signature?
    Considering that Shakira speaks Spanish, and is born and raised in South America, it should ring a bell or two don’t you think?
    So anyway, to make you feel better, I will write her name down there with the signature, so everybody knows that this is her album\Main song on the album.

Capiche?

Thanks. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

No prob bob.

You were the one who responded as if I had done some wrong to you.

Just for the record I would bet that most americans would recognize her belly-button over her face. That's what most are looking at when the videos start. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. Collette

Collette Active Member

I mastered all the fighters in VF1, 5 in VF2, 3 in VF4 (there is no VF3 in my opinion). Notice how the list keeps shrinking?
    I liked the discussion of character names, especially the Wolf as Stone Cold thing (I thought it was touching, though kinda cheezy). My Wolf is named SickOfU because he so freaking plays like he is getting tired of kicking your ass over and over and over again. And he does. Get tired, that is. Of kicking your ass. After the Gwar song, if anybody cares.

My other names (although I don't play all of these characters):
    Akira - Stallone. It's all about the jaw.

Vanessa - Storm (oh, if she only had that mohawk)

Pai - UPay4EggRoll ('cuz I always had this funny image in my head when she's beating the crap out of Jeffry, how he came in and ate a bunch of stuff and then refused to pay. Go try it, it's funny)

Lau - UDieNow. Cuz, um, ya do.

Jacky - MadMax, now that he's got the brown hair to go with the leather.

Kage - Wakizashi. Nuff sed.

Aoi - Sami. My favorite CO in Advance Wars. She's SO CUTE!!

Jeffry - Ol Dirty... after the rapper, and also after my AI... I trained him to focus a lot on knees to the groin and headbutts.. hehe.

Shun - 2Drunk2Fuck - after the Dead Kennedys song.

Lion - YAmISoGay - ya know, like, Gavin at work plays Lion and he hams it up a lot... his Lion is called MaxPayne, but the joke around the office is when Lion holds his hands up to the sky and yells "Why am I so great?" we all chime in and say "Why am I so gay?" 'cuz he is, ya know. Gay. Lion. Well, Gavin too, we suspect. So it's twice as funny.

Lei Fei - FreeTibet. Like the Beastie Boyz and their bumper stickers. It's the funniest thing I could come up with. But it's nowhere near as funny as my friend Ken's Lei Fei name (Lei Fei is his character). I introduced Ken to VF4, and he gravitated quickly toward Lei Fei. He said to me once, "ya know, the thing I like about this guy is that he has all these flowing moves, flying kicks, and all this style, but all his ridiculously long combos end with the same thing... 'Talk to the hand'. It's true, go watch Lei Fei fight for a while. Funny, huh? So I remember after I taught Ken how to edit a character, I walked into his office and I just about lost it when I saw the name... Talk2Hand.

Sarah - OK, well, this is wierd. Ya see, I used to be an extremely butch dude. Showed up at work in my studded leather jacket with the hand drawn Motorhead logo on the back and my Billy Idol bleached crewcut and goatee, and got the nickname "Extreme Tod"... like a joke, kinda, and I hate that word "Extreme" so much since it's been crammed down our throats by the advertising industry so viciously it's hard to reach for a wad of toilet paper without fearing that your ass is going to get some kind of an "Extreme Wiping!" But I truly am pretty extreme in my words and actions and lifestyles, so I thought "OK, this is me... this is awright."
    So, "XTRM Sarah". And I've loved and fought with her, and it's going to be hard to do this, but the name has got to go.

See, I've come out of the closet, partially anyways, as a transsexual. (And yeah, I'm having a blast with it... don't think of this as some guilty betwixt the sheets confession, I am GODDAM proud of myself. And yes, I am freakin HOT in drag.) And one of the things I am doing on the road to my transition is naming all of my fighters, or online personas, or whatever, as evocative of my "real", or "femme" name, which is Collette. So my Evo Sarah is not going to be "EXTRM Sarah" anymore. She's "Collette <3", and I just saved her just now. We're going to kick so much fucking ass, I can feel it already.

So I hope that any meatheads out there got a chuckle from the names stories, and that any intellectuals get my message about how VF can be part of your life; part of who you are, can be a step on the road of life. In only 24 hours of playing the EVO Sarah, I'm already amazed at how different she is... she feels like... I don't know how to say this... more like I always knew she was supposed to be. In a way, I'm also fighting to become more like the person I'm supposed to be. So, while "Extreme Tod" and "EXTRM Sarah" had a great relationship, it's over now. "Collette" and "Collette <3" are out now.
    See you on the field.

7. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

Wicked post Collette, had a good old laff at those stories /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Yeh lolololololololmaomfg!!!!11 dat waz suck a grate post colete!! I am 2 stupd 2 undastand dat wot u sed waz nuffin butt wurthless nonsence n unfunnie storys!!!!!!111one111111

P.S. Thanks for ending your post when you did, I'm sure if it had gone on much longer my will to live would have been completely drained.

P.P.S. If you reply to this at least add something worth reading to it. "Hilarious" names such as "Talk2Hand" really don't interest me/anyone with a brain, especially when they're read in the context of a 50 page novel-like post.

9. DarkSparda

DarkSparda Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Elite said:

Yeh lolololololololmaomfg!!!!11 dat waz suck a grate post colete!! I am 2 stupd 2 undastand dat wot u sed waz nuffin butt wurthless nonsence n unfunnie storys!!!!!!111one111111

P.S. Thanks for ending your post when you did, I'm sure if it had gone on much longer my will to live would have been completely drained.

P.P.S. If you reply to this at least add something worth reading to it. "Hilarious" names such as "Talk2Hand" really don't interest me/anyone with a brain, especially when they're read in the context of a 50 page novel-like post.

[/ QUOTE ]

SOMEONE's mad...... /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Dark_Bandana

Dark_Bandana Well-Known Member

My best Character is :
    Kage
    Vicious
    Conqueror
    Wins 319 / loss 31
    ratio:92
    Items:12
    1P:Grey
    2P:Black

Whith my strategy ill get to High king in no time
    what sounds better?
    Emperor Vicious
    or
    High King Vicious

11. Dark_Bandana

Dark_Bandana Well-Known Member

Akira players hate me I do an anoyng move that gets em a ring or k.o. if done correctly its very annoyng tough

12. xVIRUSx

xVIRUSx Active Member

Lion-Chaos
    Guardian
    564 W/0 L

Jeffry-Skull
    Slayer
    641 W/26 L

Goh
    2 Dan(Just started but i LOVE to play as him)
    163 W/0 L

13. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Oh, so Kage has a move that only works on Akira does he? What's this move then? I'd like to hear about it.

14. alanthemighty

alanthemighty New Member

alanmighty
    8th dan
    ratio: about 75%

15. DarkSparda

DarkSparda Well-Known Member

Kage *my best character*
    Name:Hotsuma
    Wins:1358
    Losses:6
    1P: Stylish hood
    back:ninja sword
    legs:ninja sword
    Color:azure

Akira

Name:Juggernot
    Wins:675
    Losses:0

Lei Fei

Name:Kunami
    Wins:221
    Losses:0

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Aoi_Mei

Aoi_Mei Well-Known Member

Akira: Yoho Akira
    Wins: 1100 ( about )
    Losses: 170 ( about )
    Rank: Champion ( I would have wanted Phoenix /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif)
    1P
    Head: Long wild hair ( gold colour )
    Face: Kabuki face paint ( eyes yellow )
    Body: Yuki dojo sign
    Legs: Conch shell
    Colour: gold
    2P
    Pretty much same except- Yuki dojo--Glowing brace

17. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny Member

*Lau
    *Gladiator
    *427-13
    *1P

Colors:

*Vest(i forget what it's called)-Light Blue
    *Shirt+pants-White
    *Sash-White
    *Shoes-Light Blue

Items:

*Head-Bun
    *Face-None
    *Body-Dragon broadsword
    *Legs-Hero's Sword

18. FaisonI

FaisonI Well-Known Member

Man, I thought I was doing half way good, but you guys and your stats put me to SHAME. Here goes anyway..

Warrior: Goh
    Screen Name: Faison
    Started Using: Aug 13, '03
    Stop Using: Sep 13, '03
    Colors/Style:
    1-Player: Green/Red Shirt and Belt and J6
    Emblem on the back. Rimless Glasses and Hoodless
    2-Player: Black top with light blue lining; Light Blue bottom with black belt and Leather Choker.
    Wins: 1597
    Loses: 436
    Win %: 78.6

Now when I say stop using, I mean on a regular basis. Right now I am using Lei on a regular basis.

19. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

Kage
    ring name: SoulReaver
    1P, Champion 1290 wins or somthing, 120 losses
    head: samurai helmet
    face: samurai mask
    body: samruai armor
    legs: samurai greaves
    color: gold

20. Anton

Anton Well-Known Member