1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

why are VFers such jerks?

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

really, I come here every once and a while and am continually disgusted by the bloated arrogance of the cliquey community around here. you guys are absolutely pathetic. when ever the next one of those perpetual "why vf fails in north america" threads shows up, be sure to add 'community of assholes' to the list of reasons, something AM2 has little control over. i thought it was just the VFers at the arcades i frequented; no, apparently its the majority of you.

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

because of whining, anonymous cocksacks such as yourself, who can't think for themselves and contribute nothing.

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

3. E-Dog

E-Dog Member

You know, I don't usually respond to nonsense like this but in this case, I have to. I'd bet money that you are that same ass in the forums who got pissed off because no one answered your question concerning vf coming to your home town. Get a clue kid, the same people you diss here in this forum are they same one's you'll ask for help in the arcades when it finally gets to your sorry town. Please remove our collective testicles from your mouth before you address us sonny!! In the words of the immortal Bernie Mac "Please shut, what they call, the fuck up! "

Now can you dig it...SUCKAS!!!!!!!!!

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    First off, this board is somewhat hostile to anonymous posters lately. But you're the one slinging shit here. If you look at threads like the Tekken 4 thread, you'll see all kinds of new people post around here to good response. This message board is something like a club admittedly, and a lot of that has to do with many of us knowing/having met each other before, some of those relationships going back to VF1. But with that in mind, would you go into a club of sorts and start telling people they suck, or that they were assholes, without even telling them your name, or offering up any kind of intelligent discourse youself? I guess so.

You don't know me, or my friends, or the people who post here. So as far as I'm concerned, you're the asshole. Not because of what game you do/don't play, but because of your attitude.

If you had a bad experience trying to talk to some people playing Virtua Fighter, that's your problem. It really doesn't involve us, at all. New people join this community all the time, they're just smart enough to be polite. You're just projecting all this bullshit to support your own idea of who we are; then you can go around thinking "Vf'ers are assholes", and you won't have to challenge yourself to play this game or make new friends, or join in good, sometimes hot discussions.

On the contrary, if you told the average north american VF'er there was someone within 50 square miles of him that wanted to play VF, he'd probably flip out and drive to his house with a DC and 2 sticks.

And if you still think VF'ers are assholes, then go whine about it on someone else's message board, where hoards of weakminded people who have been playing the same shit for 10+ years and can't get their mind around more than 3 or 4 new ideas in that timespan will come rushing to your aid.

Spotlite

5. virtuaboy

virtuaboy Member

I don't really see the point why everyone here should be hostile to annonymous posters ,eventhough some annonymous does SUCK. I used to came here and posted once in a while before decided to register. I also hate the idea that internet is such a dump place where annybody can talks and spits as they like just because we don't know each other thus don't care their feeling. We can be friends else where.

/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

6. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

Tekken fan, huh? Gee I knew T4 would hurt, but man don't blame us :)

grib.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

As always, a well thought out and articulate response and a helluva lot better than I could've done. Thanks, Brian.

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: Because rude non VFers are pricks

In all honestly...it's what I've come to expect from spotlite~!
    Kudos to you once again spotlite~!

I'm so sick of all those unknown posters..coming in here and demanding answers n stuff...n being rude abt it

Worse yet...some new posters have seen fit to come n here, don't even contribute even though they have the game. The only thing they have done is BRAG BRAG BRAG.

We've had a new influx of posters as predicted long ago.
    I guess time to put in place the counter dickhead losers plan

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

9. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

VB
    we're hostile ONLY, ONLY because those unknown have always seen it as their god damn birth right to come in here n be rude to us in the first place~

Otherwise...as spotlite correctly highlighted

<font color=red>~~~ 'Flock off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

10. _Tetsuo_

_Tetsuo_ Member

I know I am going to get flamed if some Tekken player see's this. I quit playing Tekken recently (even after plaing Tekken series for 5+ years) because I am tired of the collective Tekken chumps who think Tekken is God's gift of a fighting game and diss other people really hardcore if a person plays a game other than Tekken. Saying "You are wack, Tekken is the only fighting game in the world and what you play sucks because its for scrubs.... Tekken is a masterpiece" These types of people I chat with seem to only play Tekken and never had played anything else... a rather bit biased I think. Tekken is a fun game, its a good way to kill time and has its share of competition, but man, the game is not a masterpiece nor its the best fighter ever... its more like the mainstream fighter ever.

11. Madin

Madin Well-Known Member

small dig at a certain section of uk VF'ers me thinks!

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Why...all one has to do is to read the Dumdrick's Dumdnamic League's latest post...

More bragging

More shit talking

Zero contribution

Let it be known though...I am not saying which country's VFers are selfish..

I am only pointing out individual poster(s)

13. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

yep i am a big stinky jerk

Hwang Jang Lee should of won in Drunken Masters it would be cool the first bad guy to win in a kung fu movie

14. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

VFer's suck??? Hmm..

15. Post Man

Post Man Member

Your not gonna get flamed by me. I was Very much into tekken until very recently. Before that, I was into the Capcom sceen. Tekken doesn't have as many bad atitude players as the Capcom crowd. I'm sure there are some bad apples in VF as well but from what I've observed, the game attracts a more mature crowd. Probably bc of the approach you have to take if you want to be good at VF. Some guys in Tekken and other games just want to learn the cheapest tactics so they can win. Thats what gets on my nerves most about bad atitudes.

16. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Sounds like the work of a Tekken scrub.

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Sorry to add to the mystique, but you're dumb if you think that any message board (or BBS, or IRC channel, etc.) is free of stupid, cliquey arrogance.

I recently posted a question about a problem I was having doing some 3D work, and attached a picture. One guy told me to read the fucking manual and another said my picture was too large. I joined a quake channel on IRC and asked how to play a demo and was asked if I wanted something shoved up my ass. I haven't read it in years, but RGVA is full of street fighter players telling newbies that they're incompetent fucks who know nothing. You won't find anything different on tekken zaibatsu.

If it matters, I always answer intelligent questions and don't mind helping people learn. Imagine trying to answer all the questions people have who haven't tried navigating the site or using the search button... you'd need infinite patience.

In your mind, a few strident voices have drowned out the rest.

18. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

It is time that Mister Anonymous spouts forth his evil venom of Quaker political parroting of trite, banal, party propaganda. The forces of justice are now poised to fight the good fight in the name of honesty, truth and equality. Look up on that Message Board! It's a bird! It's a plane! No! Its *** Super
    Poster**
    Able to make a hundred posts in a single day. Faster than Moby Dick high on speed. More powerful than a band of Uncauzis.
    Meaner than a deposed Akira2001.

When we last left our story Enkindu was being chased by Iron_Tekken_Scrub waving Green Krypton

-Enk

Just kidding

-Enk (again)

19. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

doh, chucky, you idiot, you dug up an ancient post.

Of course I'm an idiot for replying. Oh well.
    Anonymous is either long gone or all grown up, I wonder which.

20. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

Lord knows he didn't go back to tekken. We could be so lucky.