1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Why are you playing VF4?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Blondie, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Euclid

Euclid Active Member

I play Virtua Fighter 4 because it is great fun and challenging. I started playing VF on my Saturn and never stopped. When MegaMix came out I played both equally. I was disappointed with VF3 however, I thought it was slow and not very fun. And there are no arcades in my area so my only competition was my older sister and my younger brother. They didn't like it at all. So until VF4 was released I was pretty much an exclusive Soul Caliber and DoA player.

Virtua fighter 4 fixes all our perceived problems with three, while evoking wonderful feeling of nostalgia in us. And the play techniques can be varied and unique and there is always more to learn. I was shocked when I discovered Sabakis(didn't know they had a name at the time), and I loved them. I look forward to finding more things to learn.

As for Kumite and Items vs. playing others, I play kumite to get items so I look cool and unique when I play other people.

Euclid

2. b4k4

b4k4 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SoundReason
    Well, myself, I wanted a new fighting game... badly. I'd played the Tekken series with some seriousnes, but found I was still being massively owned in arcades (not all of the time, but often enough to prove that maybe I was a little behind). Then came VF4, it seemed to have deeper and more challenging gameplay than any other fighter I'd ever seen. It lived up to this appearance. I'm completely happy with my purchase of both VF4 and my arcade stick for the PS2, and can now do some owning of my own in local arcades. Presently, my goal is simply attempting to master the many intricacies of this game.... well, I know how I'll be spending the next few years of MY life...

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Smurf - for realism, see Bushido Blade 1 or the UFC games....those are MUCH more grounded in realism than Tekken/VF/Tobal series...