1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Why do you play with Lion?

Discussion in 'Lion' started by keensab, Feb 6, 2007.

1. DaBadSeed

DaBadSeed Well-Known Member

lion iz the character that got me in to vf (vf2) he had that tommy hilfiger suit in part 2,the fact that he use mantisfist(im a big kungfu guy) and he talks a lot of shit , where have u ever heard a character say i dont make it a habbit of fighting the elderly..he wuz my main till aoi came along in vf3 :)..still love the lion thats my boy

2. raspyrateur

raspyrateur Member

This is exactly for that I like this guy ^^

But, he was more "frogy" in VF4 with her "how I'm so great" ("Pourquoi suis-je si fort ?") /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

3. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    I've been playing Lion since VF2 but didn't make him my main until VF4. I just like his style of being really offensive and fast with a lot of mixups and different moves. Even though I mess with a few other characters, no one is as fun as Lion to me so I stick with him.

4. XxLegaiaxX

XxLegaiaxX Well-Known Member

i use Lion from Virtua fighter 2, Lion is very fast and many his combo are very dangerous and not prevedictables, in the low attack is the best character of virtua fighter and can alternate much attack and can cause chaos in the opponent's mind...and now that in virtua fighter 5 is returned the fly knee of V.F 2, this character is very dangerous if used good.

@TonyFamilia@ if you wonna feeling gay you should use Lee of tekken xd.
    Lion is not gay, he is only rich, haughty and overweening.....

5. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    To annoy people.

Plus his name sounds like the city i live in.

6. PRIMAL

PRIMAL Member

I just like his crippled up fighting style. and I think he is very unpridictable when fighting agains him

7. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Lion is the man dude I don't care if his name is gay the fact that he can crumple people on contact on a normal hit from a good distance off makes him a great commodity. That and his quick low game and full circular mid kick as well. Only if pai had a full circular mid like lion.

8. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Doesn't Pai's MCR evade p+k qualify /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

9. biggz316

biggz316 Well-Known Member

Played with Lion the least amount out of all the cast. I hate dude yo. Plus he sounds and looks like a lil punk ass bitch. They should have made his character a chick. Has some cool moves doe, esp. his Diamond cutter!

10. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Lion is Official....Iused to run with him VF2 but i just left him alone.I love to see him get busy though cause he be repping.
    Besides He's and can bust out Windmill in the intro.

11. TifaKungFu

TifaKungFu Member

I am with ETPharoh, in VF2 Lion was awesome with his Praying Mantis manuevers, his throws that jump on people ripping them apart, his long range sweeps, his break dancing, and last but not least "What a Knuckle Head"!!! Classic I am telling you!!!

12. kevinrafale

kevinrafale Well-Known Member

Why do I play with Lion?...
    Well let me see...

1.) I have been playing with Lion as of VF2, and have gotten used to his fighting style and his techniques and combos and have been hooked ever since. (Plus, I have always been interested in the Praying Mantis Fighting Style - and in a random note, there is currently a Praying Mantis walking across my computer tower... Ironic eh?)

2.) Despite the fact he may be annoying and have a high pitched voice, the whole idea that he could possibly annoy players so much that even before the match they get all heated and annoyed at him, appeals to me, because even before the match starts, you have a large advantage straight off the bat!

3.) If ANY VF character had to reflect my personality, it would DEFINATELY be Lion :p
    Annoying, Cocky (slightly), yet quick, tough, and can back up his words. (Ask the guy that tried to steal my GF.)

He's my ideal character, and the fact that i've played using him for 12 years now... well yeah lol, it's quite obvious why I play Lion :p

13. Mooseking_Lion

Mooseking_Lion Well-Known Member

I've also been using Lion since VF2, he has a certain flow to him.

Lion, when played right, is able to keep people guessing and his speed and posture with his attacks provides a good variety of tricks and the ability to use distance to his advantage a little more than others.

His voice, while annoying(now, not in 1996 :p) is another good reason, he also has that "Visual Kei" which allows him for a good variety of cool costumes and looks.

14. kevinrafale

I have a question about Lion...
    Since when did he become French Royalty? I mean, I know he's stinking rich (Lucky Bastard) But i don't remember him EVER being royalty (in reference to his VF5 stage and his VF5R Costume E.)
    In VF2, it is said that his father works for some Aircraft industry right? Doesn't say anything about his father being King of France.
    Did I miss something in the story?

15. Mooseking_Lion

Mooseking_Lion Well-Known Member

Royalty is noble families, they could work in the Airline industry.

his Ver.E costume and additional fancy clothes are really cool though.

16. kevinrafale

Ahhhh point noted =)
    Thanks dude.

Btw, I didnt intend for that to sound negative about his E costume, Personally, I think it's one of the best costumes of the game (and that's not just a biased opinion either)

17. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    I play Lion occationally, because it annoys the hell out of my brother. That, and i like characters who keep my opponent guessing.

18. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

because "what a knuckle head" is the greatest win quote ever.

19. kevinrafale

I couldn't agree more :p

20. ShinyBrentford

ShinyBrentford Well-Known Member

If you want to play me send me a friend request.