1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WHY DOES EVRYBODY LIKE AKIRA SO MUCH

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by VCANEDA, Mar 28, 2002.

1. VCANEDA

VCANEDA Member

I used him in the past, and i don't think he is the best player in the game he is slow and his moves are cheep. my little brother used him(my brother is only 12, but has a record of 46-25 not bad for 12 year old) and all he does is 3 moves and he beates most of my friends. i benn playing the game and i like pai i have amounted a 88-2record (2nd dan)
    my only 2 loses are 2 my brother. people tell me he's dope . he's not dope half he's moves can bearly be blocked. and it's funny how half the people that used him also told me that they used only ryu in street fighter II.

2. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Heh, are you sure you know what you are talking about with all his moves being blocked. Mabey your bro doesnt rep the Akira users well enough /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Pai is my main but I just have to use Akria too because hes such a damn good character. He is very fast for the dammage he deals. Good frames too! I dunno about his moves being cheap either, they are just....different. ps. ryu is the best SF character /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

ehrm... akira's moves are quick'n'powerful.

4. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Sounds cool, and cool moves /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i used to like akira because of his swift palms and helpful counters, back in VF2, his image was so strong and imtimidating.. so i used to like that touch to him which i did'nt see on any other character..

in VF3, i got to work on him a little harder, after getting to grips with the movement system i then discovered better ways to guard break and juggle the opponent with DJKs and modifyed double-palms, i even found some nice anti-taka combos which also include the knee or buffered-in bodychecks.. k-stepping was the highlight of my akira play.

in VF4 i'm kinnda sick of the guy.. all i see is akira THIS and akira THAT. also show-offs in the arcades who pull off the DLC and think they rule, i've decided to throw 'em about with wolf now... and yes, he is way over-rated.

6. Mason

Mason Member

Define 'cheap'.

7. VCANEDA

VCANEDA Member

TO ME CHEAP IS FOR EXAMPLE WHEN I FIGHT HIM HE (AKIRA 8TH DAN) WILL HIT ME WITH A DOUBLE PALM THAT EVEN IF U BLOCK IT , IT STILL PUSHES U BACK AND THEN HE HITS U WITH A SHOULDER CHARGE THAT KNOCKS U OF YOUR ASS.AND IF UR NOT AN EXPERT IN REVERSALS IT'S GOING TO BE A LONG FIGHT.

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

dude, learn to evade... it' s a simple up or down on the stick. besides, the double palm and shoulder charge have a bad recovery time...... THROW HIM

9. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

Umm, the double palm is throw counterable. Akira has a very strong linear game, but I don't think there is a single striking move that he has that cannot be easily dodged.

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Umm, the double palm is throw counterable. Akira has a very strong linear game, but I don't think there is a single striking move that he has that cannot be easily dodged.

It's easier to put this on paper than to put it in practice. Try dodging super dashing elbow or double palm correctly, bearing in mind that they're both just a couple of frames slower than a punch. The timing is hard, you really have to predict it and wait until the last fraction of a second to dodge. The double palm seems especially wide and catches dodges more than it ought to.

d/f+PK completely homes in on dodgers, and interrupting a dodge with it nets you the f,f+K,K followup, which hurts.

None of which is to say akira is super-cheap or anything. Vcaneda... the double palm does indeed seem to recover fast and push you away, but if you enter a throw right away, you will automatically zip right up close to akira and throw, even though it looks like akira's out of range. You can also throw that shoulder ram move if you block it.

11. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

akira IS the best character in the game...get thrown by the ST when he's cornered, or the close-in ram when he's cornered you, or get MC m-ShRm'd when you're using a light character, or MC SDE'd when you're using a light character...and you're going to lose about close to 50% life(did i mention MC LBF or rev B's StDblPm?) to say that he's broken or cheap is wrong though...he's completely takable; a lotta his moves are linear(but saying and doing are completely 2 different things), and a lotta his big damage moves are slow in recovery. but no one else has this many oppurtunities to do huge damage in the game...that's why he's the best vf4 character(of course, skill still applies)

nothing in the game's cheap though...you better get that right... you simply don't know enough about the game(and i will say it like i've said it before, people who whine about something cheap don't know enough about the game to know how to counter it)...vf4 is really balanced; and the double palm when blocked is throw counterable. same thing with the shoulder ram.