1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

why I hate sega a little bit

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akiraattack, Jun 26, 2002.

1. akiraattack

akiraattack Active Member

after training virtua fighter 4 every day at my home, getting an empire rating easily with Akira. I tried to fight the best that were at Sega world at akihabara in japan, but because my joystick skills is only 20% of my joypad skills . I lost almost all my matches. it so bad when you know you could do so much better and get you ass whooped because the freaking joystick doesnt want to do what you want to do. so why the hell didn:t sega put a joypad port on the damn arcades. then at least we ganjins have a chance too!

ofcourse if I had the possibility to buy the virtua fighter 4 stick I would already have done that a long time ago. but those fuckers at sega/hori. thought they were smart and only bring out 1000 sticks which were sold out in day 1!!! so here I am loving and hating sega at the same time!

so please sega just add a controller port for 10 usa dollars extra on the arcade cabinets so ganjins like me have a fair chance too. you can even put out the lame R and L buttons on the joypad because I don need them! or send me a damn virtua fighter 4 arcade stick!!! because the button lay out of the vf4 stick is different then a normal joystick.

alright enough frustration for one day. lets try tommorow haha

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Buy an ASCII FT2 or something. It's not like the VF4 stick is the only solution, you know. Just look at all the joystick threads we have here. Some people don't even like the offical VF4 model.
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    so please sega just add a controller port for 10 usa dollars extra on the arcade cabinets so ganjins like me have a fair chance too.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Trust me, I've had experience with arcade hardware, it would cost a LOT more than that to add and get minimal use. Why should Sega alter cabinet design to benefit a VERY small amount of people? Besides, even the most seasoned "ganjin" (har) VFers outside Asia will tell you a stick is the way to go.

3. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

there has always been a big difference between a pad and a jostick, but it only takes a little bit of getting used to, just try getting any other good joystick, so when you go to arcades at least it would be easier to adapt to.

4. Trashcan

Trashcan Member

I got the same problem. Made a little trip to Montreal and went to the arcade to play a bit of VF4. Luckily, I mostly play Jacky and Pai, so their moves aren't very hard to do. But I had serious problems pulling moves fast, and most players whooped my ass. Even the comp whooped my ass.

Going to buy a Joystick for PS2 I think.

5. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Well, you obviously live in Japan. YOu can get a VF4 stick for about list price now on Yahoo Japan Auctions. I had to pay almost double for mine, as they sold out too quick.

Mis-commands happen, and it's part of the game. Youv'e just got to minimize them. I have definitely lost a few matches when I screw up a [2][3][6][P] or [2][1][4][P]. I find it the hardest move to do quickly and while not concentrating. More times than not, I wind up doing [2][3][6][9][P] which sends me flying, and then I get waxed. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

Other things I hate Sega for:
    Not making PSO compatible with my ADSL modem
    Taking forever to make VF.NET PC-compatible
    There's one more, but I can't remmember. All in all, I think making the games is Sega's only strong suit. They don't seem to have the best R&D or marketing skills in the world.

6. akiraattack

akiraattack Active Member

I do not live in japan, but I went 2 weeks here for the worldcup. and stay at a friend house of mine. it is cool. only the damned raining season sucks haha. problem I have most with akira is escaping. it just looks like it doesn:t react that well. really weird. oh well today I will practise again and again. there goes my yens :-(