1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

why is online vf so toxic sometimes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Wolfguardian88, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Oh he sent you one too? Thought I was the only one. Lol

2. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    That out of everyone in this thread he's the lowest on the totem pole. YOU have more skill then he does. Also other words come to mind like garbage, trash, refuse, dumpster, forever stuck in scrub tier.....

3. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Imma say this. There are always steps in place to cull the wheat from the chaff. If you have to question why this is then you are definitely the chaff. Theres a lot more passive aggressiveness that is running rampant now a days then people calling it how it is. I respect assholes that will admit their assholery. What I dont like is the type to throw rocks and hide your hand. Me myself love hate mail that get sent my way. In fact I relish in that shit! My skin is so thick to the point of being bulletproof. Its soo impossible to hurt my feelings because i've heard it all before. I wont take it easy on you online/offline ever. My main objective is to murk anyone within the path of my controller. If you adopt this way of thinking, you wont need to make threads like this.

4. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    THE SHADE!

5. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    This is ONLY good if you are strictly just trying to enjoy the game. If you are the least bit competitive doing this will be to your own detriment. You need to clarify that you meant this for casual players only.

masterpo likes this.
  6. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Sounds like fun times! Damn everything sucks and is soo pussified now....

7. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Wow.. This is the most effeminate thing you could do. My god man.. You sent hate mail, not because you got murked or because it was mad laggy but because he didnt tell you ggs.... Man up bruh. It could be a lot worse.. Lol

8. good thing i dont adopt dumb ways of thinking

9. im not a man, im a boy, get it right~ :)

10. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Good. That way you will remain a easy target. Or at least a test subject for the tech i create. Lol

11. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Still.. Man up bruh. It could be (and for you probably will get) worse.. Lol

12. im not agreeing with you, im saying i dont adopt your way of thinking

13. nope, im not doing that~ :)

14. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    I know. And I am telling you cool. But you will remain free and stay a target that will be easily picked off with little to no effort.

15. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Well stay free!

16. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Please don't get me wrong here. I mean no offense whatsoever. Really.

I know you know there are lots of ways to be competitive. I know you know that there is a famous concept in martial arts namely: "You are your own worst and best enemy". Some would argue that we are really only competing with earlier versions of ourselves. I compete in the sense that I want to be a better version of myself today than I was yesterday.

I challenge myself to be faster, stronger, smarter, wiser, more diverse. I measure myself against yesterday's version of me. In VF this may mean , I learn a move I couldn't pull off before, or finally learn how to throw escape all of AOI's throws, or I learn how to counter Jean's rush down bull dog style with my own rush down bull dog style. I often challenge myself to beat license mode on hard with out stopping from first to last license challenge. I'm very competitive. But in my world I only see my real competition in the mirror. But that just how I see things.

Of course I'm just strictly interested in enjoying and getting the most out of the game.
    But I don't need to beat other people to have fun. I only need to learn something new, experience something new, accomplish a goal I have for my gameplay. I make up my own quests all the time and see if I can achieve them. That's competition in my book.

If you look at my online record, you'll see I have about 900 losses and 4 or 5 thousand wins. I didn't really see the wins or losses as real competition. I really only play online to help keep the game alive for others. I pick random times during the day and days during the week to open up a room, or player match and just leave it open for a few hours just to do my part in helping the community stay active. I'll get in rank mode from time to time and play 20 or 30 matches just to contribute to the VF scene. But none of that is competition for me. Win or loose most of the time I'm playing strangers so it doesn't mean anything. If I win so what, if I lose so what. Only if I happened to achieve some personal goal does it even matter to me.

So while playing the AI can all be just about casual play, for me, matches against the AI are the most serious matches that I can have, because in my case I only compete with myself and the AI allows me to have very structured goals, and objectives. And I find it all very fun. I honestly could careless whether I was ever able to beat a human player. Honestly. On a good day online I might bump into a dozen players. On a good day against the AI in VF5FS I could face 150+ different AI players between sparring mode and arcade mode, and that not counting all of the AI variations in License mode.
    For me I'd have much more fun playing the 150+ AI players.

And when I play friends and family its all about the relationships, having fun, eating good food, and just having a good time. Winning or losing is the last thing on everybody's list. Instead we all enjoy the game design, graphics, stages, character move lists, the beauty of the animations,etc We have that in common. We compete in trying to see who can look the most legit or who has the most recognizable style from some movie and shit like that.:ROTFL:

17. SlowCast

SlowCast Member

Do you consider yourself toxic for doing that?

Jason Elbow likes this.
  18. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    This, this is soo true. When we battle we also battle ourselves as well as our opponent. Its really refreshing to hear someone say this. Respect.

19. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

MarlyJay and Jason Elbow like this.
  20. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Took you long enough. Lol