1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

why is online vf so toxic sometimes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Wolfguardian88, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Jason Elbow

Jason Elbow Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Then while we are on the subject we have Judas-like toxic people like Stl Tm. He will play your friend, give you tips and other info all while grooming you to be like him. That is until you start beating him and inadvertently make him see why he is a inferior VF player. This guy salt stems from the VF 4 evo days when he couldnt cut the mustard against the likes of Adam Yuki and Sho Time. So his toxicity had been brewing for a while.

2. no. im just being myself.

3. i said it before: i get angry/frustrated, im sure you do too, idk what else to say

4. i think people like you making people think they are "inferior" is adding to this problem. not helping it.. :)

Jason Elbow likes this.
  5. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    I think its more important to tell the truth.

6. SlowCast

SlowCast Member

So if those salty people whom you've played send you hate mails and insult your gameplay, then they're not being toxic; they're being themselves

JSM and Jason Elbow like this.
  7. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    This dude is smart af! He sees the fuckery afoot! Lol

8. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    The irony of this entire thread man.... Lol this is Std Tm levels of hypocrisy and bullshit!

9. but still being toxic, difference with me is that i try to be nice to people, but when they dont give me any nice feelings like they're having fun or something, then i get angry because, then i think: theyre just playing with me to kick my ass at virtua fighter

10. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

i don't understand. from the other posts, it looks like you sent people angry msgs and they clapped back in kind. don't start nothing won't be nothing.

11. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Do you start any possible session with a message or do you think these thoughts?

To be fair, sending messages and typing out everything with an arcade stick really sucks. Especially if you don't have English or the primary language being used in the convo set for your system: you lose shortcuts.

If you're concerned about this you might be playing the wrong genre of game.

What's your account name on PSN? And what's the deal with the 88 in your name?

Tricky likes this.
  12. Mold_Monkey93

Mold_Monkey93 Well-Known Member

Didn't know this was even an issue here. Then again most of my VF ventures were offline. Tekken usually takes the cake in toxicity. Reason is due to the game not doing a good job in teaching its players fundamentals.

They'll feel like hot-shit because they reached a particular rank (Which TK wouldn't have w/o Sega's help) by rotating between different character gimmicks and 100 NH launchers. Why is it that JDCR needed to explain jabs to people? Why aren't all DF1/elbows -3 in that game, forcing you to jab or risk evading because a mid is -1? VF focuses you in on your fundamentals first. Your characters' gimmicks are for when you start deciding to master your character with fundamentals along the way. Don't get me started on the movement.

Point is that TK players want to feel prideful about their accomplishments because the game is artificially difficult. Here's all major 3D games with factory ready cars lining up to the starting position but TK wants to lower the air on your tires. There was a good reason that the SC Team didn't want Harada's input on anything. He's a dumbass.

DomAug and beanboy like this.
  13. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    There is a trend these days toward more bots in games. More coop (PVE), in games. AI programming is getting better all the time. More and more bots, AI and PVE. Fewer and fewer leader boards and Win/Loss ratios publicly displayed:cool:

Who knows, maybe in time, the ignorant assholes out there won't have anybody to be toxic or nasty to except the bots, the AI, the environment, and themselves:ROTFL:

14. SlowCast

SlowCast Member

You should have messaged something instead of dropping bombs. It's not uncommon for people to ignore your message whether it's on 360 or PS3
    If you're going to make assumptions about people and go on to msg "F### YOU" to them, then guess what; you're being toxic

Tricky likes this.
  15. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Maybe people like Sebo will hold your hand and caress your hair an shit. But me? Thats my sole reason for going online. Im there to kick your ass. God explicitly sent me online to kick your ass. In fact, its a act I throughly enjoy. I destroy VF lives and dreams. All while laughing maniacally in front of a wall of flames. And I especially love destroying scrubs like you.

16. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    Yall tripping. Toxicity in the fgc is fun as fuck. It reminds me of all the gang fights I got in as a kid. That shit was exhilarating. If you bitches werent so busy trying to huddle together like lil scared puppies you would be able to blow this shit off. This guy is obviously a troll, yet he has you cucks dancing to the sound of his tune. Lol what lame ass idiots.....

17. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    No wonder SC is a generally more smoothly running game then Tekken Janky ass. SC is literally the first fg that mastered true ARM. They did it before even VF did. Yeah, they should keep Harada away from SC forever...

DomAug and Mold_Monkey93 like this.
  18. Jason Elbow

PSN:
    Its ok now...
    XBL:
    Jason ELBOW AKT
    PSN is for broke boys... Oh look who im talking to.. Lol never mind carry on.. *chuckle*

jimi Claymore likes this.
  19. Seminasuke

Seminasuke Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Seminasuke
    Jesus Christ.

DomAug, beanboy, Tricky and 2 others like this.
  20. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

the boy needs jesus

Seminasuke likes this.