1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

WHY IS PAI IMPOSSIBLE !!!

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Sharp7, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    Ok... this is frustrating the crap outta me. Almost all pai players above 5th dan are difficult for me to defeat (or impossible).

When ever i try to go in for an attack they just use that stupid forward flip move to do massive damage to me. Or they use that fast spinning low kick. Or they just use P if i try to use a slower but more powerful move.

Not to mention once i get disadvantage its hard to get out of it because her mixup game is so frustrating ><!

Anyway actually im not even sure WHY Pai players are freaking impossible for me is anyone else suffering from this pai syndrome??? Any tips AT ALL would be nice!

2. Auvii

Auvii Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Auvii
    Her somersault kick can be evaded. Also it sounds like you may need a bit of work on your defense and fuzzy guard, practicing that would most likely help a ton. If Pai is giving you more trouble then others try throwing her in Dojo. Get used to her mix ups and watch what you can guard and punish with.

3. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    oh interesting i forgot about dojo sparring.. hmmm what is the easiest way to practice and learn fuzzy guard??

4. Dango

Dango Well-Known Member

5. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    lol so there really are alot of reversal spammers out there now hahaha
    fucking ex DOA players...

yea the best thing you can do is fuzzy...
    you can also take into consideration that some moves cant be reversed (like jeffry's headbut for one or your favorite low attack)
    if you need some more assistance, feel free to bother me (-pai player)

6. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Sounds like you don't know how to use small advantage with your character and just like to attack your way out of problems all the time. Learn to hitscan and use moves like 6pk, 6k and 6_K (hold forward kick) and 2p+k6p in that order. Read the wiki.

7. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    hmmmm alright il be sure to practice those moves kiwe but i have used most of them except 2p+kp, i cant rele find a use for it o_O
    when do u usually use it?

oh and that video helped alot :D!

8. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    pai owns me with her half circular charged k, somersault and silly cart wheels LOL