1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Why was blast closed?

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadowdean, Feb 16, 2001.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

nt

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Don't have the time mostly....

ice-9

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

but i'm sure other people do have the time. why didn't you just hand it over to someone else?

i don't care, i never read the thing much (i can only hope imashroom doesn't float over here, however). just curious..

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I figure go all the way or don't go at all...

ice-9

5. Mr. Bungle

a bit selfish, don't you think?

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I don't owe anything to anybody.

ice-9

7. Mr. Bungle

no, you don't.

but it's still selfish.

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I suppose so, but it's good to be a little bit selfish sometimes.

ice-9

9. Mr. Bungle

so if/when you find don't have enough time to "maintain" vfdc, are you just going to delete it all, including this board?

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

VFDC has a very different place in my heart than BC.

ice-9

11. Mr. Bungle

...so um, no? yes?

that line doesn't mean jack, jack.

12. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The answer is no, jack.

ice-9

13. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

ahh..ok..just wondering..thanks :=)

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I just gotta say, thanks for caring. We all appreciate being dropped and then kicked in the ribs for trying to stay together. No wonder you love this city best. It personifies you so accurately.

You suck, Ice-9.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Hmmm... and I suppose the time I spent being a Sennin at your 'enterprise' meant nothing... guess the hours that I and others spent trying to make the place better was all for naught. I got accused of being a child that fed off it's mother for trying to keep the community together when it's owner announced it's closure. Isn't that a lovely picture...

I think it is more like the mother ate the children after starving them...

~ana ::still sore that he never acknowledged the hard work of the other Sennins and Choujins at Blast City with so much as a thank you::

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't worry, Bungle, I'm sure he will sell it to the highest bidder. Whatever that person does with it after that is no longer his affair.

~ana ::vaguely aware that with VF4 on PS2 and possibly other consoles in the future that this domain will be quite valuable indeed::

17. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I take it back

I take it back. Selfishness can be quite ugly indeed.

ice-9

18. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Re: I take it back

Is it possible to pass down responsibility over Blast City? I mean, VFDC itself did change servers already, right? So can you transfer the Blast City stuff to someone else's account and have them maintain it?

Just curious, I'm sure there's a complex process behind it, but it seems like a possible option from here. It seemed like a lot of people liked Blast City so I'm sure someone or a group of people would have been interested in pitching in to take on the responsibility of funding and maintaining it.

And I'm not speaking against you, Ice. You did whatever you did for a reason and I doubt it was a bad one. Selfishness is a pretty common thing, but often a hypocritical accusation at times. I figure you might have given thought to the alternative I wrote above, but if not, hope it gives another idea. Like I said, it seems like there are some people who are willing to keep it alive.

19. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

jesus!! the way some people get attach to a msg board is incredible, its like they burn their tree house. can anybody just close a msg board for the hell of it? if its closed then you people, the sennins (that "worked" so hard to be high level posters as if it was PSO) and regulars should build ANOTHER msg board, they're a bunch of free ones out there. just say "ok, all blasters post at this msg board from now on" and move on. if vfdc closes, then i'm sure someone else will have another vf site. jeff doesnt need more to say than "hey, i just dont want to anymore" its his choice, at least he's not making you kiss his ass to keep the board alive like someone some of you might know. its a freaking msg board ppl move on!

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

20. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I agree with pic.

If this board closes...We all move on...one time or the other.

Also, I do think Ice do not 'owe' anyone anything.
    Maybe he could have chosen to pass it on, but it's his choice.

If u aren't in his shoes, don't blast him.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'