1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wierd stuff

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Nashi, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Ok folks, it's like this:
    This happens to me very often. When I'm playing kumite mode (ps2) I often notice something pretty stupid, for example: Kicking 7 1st dan guys in a row (with me being in 1st dan too) and not going up one rank... Pretty stupid, but it's true.
    And sometimes i go up a rank just by defeating 4 and sometimes 3!!! guys of the same rank!! There's no way i can prove this, but maybe it has something to do with my calculations.

I mean, if i win a round against a same rank opponent i get +1 victory, and if i lose i get -1 victory point, then i'll have +1 v.p., and a -1v.p. at the same time

or

I defeat a same rank opponent and i get 1 point, and then a same rank opponent defeats me and i go down to 0 points??

I really don't understand how it works...

If someone needs an advice about combos, just ask me, i'm the Combo Mastermind around here. A.k.A. Big Boss.

I end this post with my cute lookin' Akira combo:
    [3][P][K] [6][P][K] (just after the [3][P][K] which forces crouch) [2][P] (forces crouch again) [6][P][K] [4][6][P][K] [8][P]

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

When you rank up, you do need +10 victories vs. enemies of the same rank.. If you quite kumite mode while you're +9, then the next time you fire up the PS2 and win vs. the same rank, you should rank up.
    Also a 10th dan can steal "Hero" rank from another hero, so that might explain unexpectedly fast ranking up.

As for your combo master ... mmmmaybe not /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

You didn't understand my question man. I meant, if you're 1st dan, and you win 2 guys with a 1st dan rank, then you lose against one 1st dan guy, what is the result? i mean, is it:

2vp-1vp=1

or

2vp and -1vp apart?

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It means -5000 victory pts. Do the math.....seriously.

5. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

I can't do the math if i don't know the formula...
    I dunno if i have to count as two different points: +1 and -1. I'll give ANOTHER example:

you beat 4 guys, and you lose against four guys (all of them, the same rank as you), and the next fight (against a same ranked opponent) is going to make you go up a rank (not counting with hero to champion, or other exceptions, think of it as 1st dan to 2nd dan) or is it going to count as the first fight you won? With the second idea i mean that the four fights you lost nulled the four fights you won. And the first idea (for you moron's out there) means that the fights won, and the fights lost are counted apart, so if you you win a fight, and you lose another one (ALWAYS AGAINST SAME RANKED OPPONENTS) you won't null the fight you won, you'll get +1 victory point, and a -1 victory point apart, so if you win 3, and lose 5 you go down a rank (for the first option).

ARF ARF ARF... /versus/images/icons/ooo.gif /versus/images/icons/ooo.gif /versus/images/icons/ooo.gif

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    you beat 4 guys, and you lose against four guys (all of them, the same rank as you), and the next fight (against a same ranked opponent) is going to make you go up a rank (not counting with hero to champion, or other exceptions, think of it as 1st dan to 2nd dan) or is it going to count as the first fight you won?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can count, then you know the formula. If you beat 4 guys of the same rank, then lose 4, you have 0 victory points. It's that simple.

7. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

/versus/images/icons/grin.gif
    eheh...Arigoto Gozaimasu!

8. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

arigAto Gozaimasu

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

10. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Hmm, i love posting combos, eheh:

[2][1][4][P] [3][3][P] [3][3][6][P] (Shoulder Ram) [4][6][6][P][K] [8][P] (only if you're opponent is an asshole and forgets to get up, lol) (AKIRA)

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Nobody's dumb enough to fall for that. Besides, that belongs in "Character and Technique Training".

12. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

When you say, fall for THAT, what part of the combo do you mean? The [8][P] part?? Because the rest of the combo is unblockable from the [2][1][4][P] to the [4][6][6][P][K] (and you may use a [3][P] in the end, if you're playing against dr. DRE, which is smarter /versus/images/icons/grin.gif )

13. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

The [3][P] is easily avoidable too. Now that said, why don't you STOP SPAMMING? So far you posted one valid thing, a question on ranking mode (which by the way could have been answered by simply hitting the search). The rest of your posts is senseless blather, with none of your "combos" being actual combos. Way to go. To getting banned.

14. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

What's the point in spewing all these "combos" with a sneering
    superiority as though you've accomplished something against
    the moronic AI? What's it prove, exactly? I have a Lei series
    against the CPU which takes 80-85% lifebar EVERY time, against
    ANY level opponent, and it means dick to me because it's a formula
    that works against an AI that does NOT learn to avoid it, by
    back CDing, struggling, TRing, as a human would do. Anyway,
    you sound like a damn juvenile.

15. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Blah blah blah...
    So what? Did I say something about my combos being good against humans? Nop... Did i say something about me being superior? Nop.. So what's with those nerves of yours?? If you wanna post something against me posting damn stupid stuff, then give a good example to other people in the Forum: Do NOT post. Simple. And really...my combos DO work against human people, because there is no perfect player, and [3][P] IS unblockable. And good luck using that 80-85% combo of yours, because being impredictable and achieving "Come Back" victories is something everyone does. A super kick-ass combo can't win a fight... Next time you people wanna criticize someone guess what i was thinking when i wrote them, instead of looking at the outside. Kay? Thx! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif (i'm not looking forward to reach a rank in this shit, i'm here to post, and to SPAM as you say...)

16. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

First of all... apparently our definitions of 'combo' differ. It means unblockable/unavoidable series of attacks. In your example, [3][P] can be avoided by QR/TR.

(i'm not looking forward to reach a rank in this shit, i'm here to post, and to SPAM as you say...)

You're here to spam? At least you said that directly.

17. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Combination. I can't see unblockable here...can you? Well, if you don't like the word COMBO, then think of that shit i write as SUCCESSFUL SERIES. And stop messing around with me, because you're the ones spamming...

[4][P]+[K][K] (forces the opponent to crouch) [2][6][P]+[K]+[G] (JEFFRY)

18. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Dude, those are flowcharts or customs, if you really need a proper term.

19. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Did I say something about my combos being good against humans? Nop... Did i say something about me being superior? Nop.. So what's with those nerves of yours??

[/ QUOTE ]

that's exactly right you never said if it works for humans or not, which is also why Dre and GLC is correcting you, because we don't play the dumbass kumite A.I. anymore, we mostly play humans with at leasts competent skill and knowledge of the game, most of the people here who play humans don't feel an importance in doing a combo on kumite opponents, which is why Dre said no human will ever fall for your dumb combo, and if you play other fighting games that state whether you did a combo or not, you'll notice that the only combos that are recognized are those that connect because they were'nt blocked/avoided, that's a combo, i mean whats the use of a combination if it doesn't even connect, you see in VF one mistake will cost a lot, so only the most effective ones will do, you know try the PS2 versions free training mode, from there you can test wether a pattern you came up wih is unavoidale or not (its a combo if all the damage of your combo pattern repesent continous damage, by continous i mean each attack damage will add up to the previous attack's damage), if it all connected even on every type of recovery then its a combo. otherwise don't post it here for you will either be humiliated or ignored, its not that no one appreciates what you did, its just that if no one corrected you're mistake, a noob might get misleaded because of your laziness to check how effective your so called combo is. and i think i speak for everyone here when i say they don't want to be misleaded, and the vets here certainly don't want anyone getting misonfirmation as well, so for your sake and for others test out your would be combos first.

20. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

mebbe because you lost a few times before the 7 in a row victory, and won a few before the 3/4 victories?