1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wierd stuff

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Nashi, Oct 12, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

dude it doesn't belong in training /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif
    That's the blind leading the blind.

2. Dougydug

Dougydug Well-Known Member

...this post belongs in the bin....
    "You get +1 victory point for every win over a same rank opponent. Lose to a same rank opponent, you get -1 victory point.
    For every +5 victory points gained, you raise a rank. However, you lose a rank when you reach -5 victory points.
    At 10th Dan, you can only gain to the next rank by either having 10 consecutive wins over 10th Dan opponents, or by simply defeating a Hero rank opponent."
    ..end of saga..

psst.. CreeD... I don't like this guy...

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I understand. I'm just trying to get this guy to at least post in the appropriate forum. Everything he says is off topic.

4. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

That's why i said that, because the combos DO connect after the first hit, and the only ones (i think) that i posted that are blockable from the first hit to the next one are the ones that force you to crouch, but from the second hit they are unblockable, and really, what's the problem with posting my CUSTOM combos?? Try them against humans and then come here a tell me if they don't work, with me they do. In Portugal there is no Virtua Fighter 4 arcade machine, that's why i can't really play against someone, and i bought an arcade stick so that i can at least simulate something so that one day, if i found an arcade machine, i may not get my ass kicked. Thanks for the comprehension, and you folks out there: if you don't like me, then..don't like me! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

(How the f*ck do i connect a [3][K][K] after a [4][K]+[G] [2][P] using Jacky?!!?)

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

It's cool, you don't have to /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

To be fair, nobody really answered his question.
    He's asking if you collect +1's and -1's at the same time, or if they cancel each other out. The latter is what actually happens.
    What he was thinking of is this - if you lose five (regardless of what happens in between) do you go down a rank, and if you win five (regardless of what happens in between) do you go up a rank? I.e. if your record is
    W W W L L W L L W W
    Are you then +6 for wins and -4 for losses, therefore you get promoted?
    Or are you +3, then -2, then +1, then -2, then +2, which cancels out to +2.

Valetudo: again it's the second one, I hope that cleared things up. Check out all the info on the home page (click home then click "Virtua fighter 4" on the top left)... if you read everything in there, even if you find reading these things kinda boring, you'll find a ton of good info that will make you a good player.

6. lau_fists

lau_fists Well-Known Member

Hey man, I think everyone here loves you. But if you sound
    like you're a know-it-all to a bunch of guys who've been playing
    this game forever, then you'll get called on it. I'm not a good player
    and I haven't played this game that long, but I at least try to be adult
    about discussing it and not sounding off like a fart one can't hold back.
    Aside from that, you're as respected as anybody else on the forum.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

how do I connect a df+KK after b+K+G, d+P using jacky

The trick is to start holding [3_] on your stick or pad the instant the d+P connects. Then after it's been held down for a little bit (less than a second) press K and you will get a sidekick instead of jacky's ground kick.

8. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Thx for the hint about the jacky stuff. Hey, sto be true, i've just come from my ps2 and know what? i was in a ranking match, i lost, then i won another one and then ANOTHER one, and then only the third one ranked me up, conclusion: i had 4vp, i was going for the 5 vp, to rank up, BUT i lost so i probably went to 3vp, then i fight another one, which granted me 4 vp, and another one, which should rank me up, and another one which ranked me up...now...is this me having allucinations, or is the game stupid?? This is 100% confirmed (by me) and i'm sure i saw 1st DAN, i even repeated to myself the word DAN some times and then i took note (so that i wouldn't forget). Still...it seems something pretty funny is going on...i even remember the enemies, lost to a Kage (ranking match), won to Lei, won to Shun, won to Akira (all first dan).

Hey, could someone explain why the f-ck is it impossible to make a DLC in my arcade stick? I know that shit is f-cking sensitive, but even like that!! I even snap my little hand-bones just to make a SPoD (which is muuuuch easier). And i can't do that Axe combo, i make the [2][K]+[G] but can't make the [6][K] after that. And same stuff happens with the Kage rolling-shoryuken ( /versus/images/icons/grin.gif ) stuff. Maybe if you guys could tell me what is the best position for an Arcade stick to be? I mean, very far away from us? Should i Stretch my arms all the way forward just to reach the arcade stick? Or should i use it very close to me?? And are the Arcade Sticks in Real arcade machines like this: | (if you're watching from the side, and the screen is in the left) or like this: / (again, same as above).

Sorry for posting this in the kumite forum, but it comes out pretty fast, lol.

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

sup - search for DLC and AS3 for tips on how to do them.

Actually few people that I've heard have trouble with AS3 (d+KG etc) so all I can say is make sure you go d+K+G, then back to the center, then f+K. Don't do d+K+G and roll to forward+K.

10. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

If i go to the center i won't have time to make the [6][K]...i think the problem is that fucking stupid damn mothafucka arcade stick i bought...............Portugal is such a shitty country when it comes to Arcade sticks (and healthy people...).

11. KageMan2002

KageMan2002 Well-Known Member

.........you spelled weird wrong

12. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

I did? Damn!

13. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

well its actually not hard to do [2][K]+[G] then back to center/neutral, then [6][K], basically if you just tap the stick down instead of holding it down, it goes back to center/neutral, so the command would be executed by just tapping [2] and at the same time pressing [K]+[G] (and since you just tapped the stick down it will automatically returns to center/neutral, unless your joystick doesn't do that, but i doubt it), then quickly input [6][K], and so on, just relax and loosen your hands on this move, and make sure you input the commands correctly, it took me a while to get used to the DLC and AS3, and from what i learned in this site when it comes to DLC, SPOD, and AS3, it all about speed,precision, and practice. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif good luck.

14. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

A loose and crappy stick won't automatically return to neutral, or else will take a long time to do it. So I can see it being possible.

15. Dougydug

Dougydug Well-Known Member

What rank were you here? 10th kyu up to 1st Dan or 1st Dan up to 2nd Dan?

16. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

My Arcade Stick like every stick does return to the middle, BUT takes more time than a Flight Simulator Stick! It's very sensitive (or is it sensible??..) so not only does it gets to every way pretty easily as we don't have to make any effort to move the stick, so it it's not a HARD one, like a normal IRON stick. And it's a baseball powa stick. Ball sticks have balls and return faster to the middle because of that, the ball attracts the gravity to the center line, i don't know the name in english. And it's heavier in the upper level, for example, if you put a ball on a big wood stick (for example) you would notice that the stick would fall to one side (doesn't matter which side). Now, try putting a big bag with the same weight as the ball and almost as big as the stick, in one side of the stick. It will fall slower (maybe you won't notice...try watching different kinds of trees going down..). Because of that a ball stick is smooth and faster and harder (girls love that..). The T-Stick, or baseball stick is slower softer and it's slower. Better at Bust-a-Move Games /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

This is true. I'm studying this shit, so i know what i'm talking about!

17. Two_Bit_Mage

Two_Bit_Mage Well-Known Member

Im sorry this is off topic but...i really like that picturein your signature vale tudo! i always thought those 2 stances looked similar

18. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

look for the Kewl Icons post in the search option.

19. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

You're smoking crack if you think the shape of the stick has anything to do with how fast it returns to its neutral position.

20. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Yes it has. I won't explain why, cause i already did it, so read again and again until it enters your tiny little hole you call head. CreeD, is this picture to big to use as Signature?