1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Will be in LA on Sunday, June 16...

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by feixaq, Jun 11, 2002.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I have a meeting in LA on Monday morning next week, but might be able to swing by a day earlier to play with Bryan, Andy, et al on Sunday if you guys are free to meet up...?

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I'm sure I can play... Sunday/Monday night. Let us know. Andy's down too, I think.

Bryan

3. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Id be willing to drive up but most likely only if vf4akira or someone would carpool with me.
    Oh ya Bryan I finally found a decent Jacky player in socal.

4. solfizz

solfizz Well-Known Member

sounds fun man, count me in. I'm not TOO sure if i'll be able to stop by since on Saturday i'll be driving my school friend back home to LA. If I find a place to stay, the more chances than not I can be around for the gathering. As always, it's my pleasure playing you guys up north of SD.

Chris, could you please state what time you're thinking of on Sunday?, so i can have a better sense of my plan this upcoming weekend. thanks

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hmm, I think I can fly down to LAX in the morning, so I'd say somewhere around noontime on Sunday? The other thing is I would need to find a place to stay for the night too, so I can head down to my meeting in the West Hollywood on Monday.

6. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I can make it. I got family visiting on Friday, and I'm not sure how long they'll be staying.

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Hello,

Catherine and I have a father's day get together with my parents that day. It doesn't look good for making it out there.

Very cool of you to come out here a day early to play.

Talk to you soon,

Plague

8. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Chris,

I have to work for a few hours on Sunday, until about 4 or 5. You're welcome to crash at my place again if you want. If you get into LA around noon, you're welcome to come to my work and hang out, or take my car back to my place to relax/play with Andy etc. Let me know what's up on your end.

Bryan

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Bryan,
    How about organizing a VF gathering at your place around 6pm this Sunday? Have a mini league or tournament event or something? Between Mike, Paul, Andy, you and I (and maybe 1-3 more), we have a decent-sized group...

Andy,
    My flight in is pretty flexible, I can fly in around noon or around 4-5pm, just let me know when you can meet up and I can arrange my flight plans accordingly.

10. solfizz

solfizz Well-Known Member

Actually guys, I just realized we're hitting Father's Day this Sunday, so most likely i'll stay home with pops, sorry guys. It's not mandatory, but I feel bad playing vf in a different city while my dad's celebrating himself at home. This summer is opportune for me to session any other time however.

----
    . I have a friend from school who may lend me his apartment till its lease ends on July 4(i believe). It's not much, but it's a place to stay overnight for those who wanna come down to my place to play and get some rest before taking the long drive back north. To any of you who i've played vf with at least once: let me know anytime if this interests you, and i'll talk to my friend about it.
    ----

Again, sorry I probaby won't be playing this Sunday, but i hope for those who do make it to have a blast

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Paul, no problems, man. Family definitely comes first! Will meet up with you next time! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Just an update... Andy, Bryan and I will be playing this Sunday from 2pm onwards... anybody else who is interested in joining, please let us know! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

This is at your place spotlite? I can come - Sunday is free and I even have a car at the moment...

Around 2PM right?

grib.
    [4][6][P],[K][K][P]

14. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

ill go but I wont be able to make it till 4 or 5pm...everyone still going to be there..let me know...out.

btw... Arcade Infinity got a Card Service game called Initial D by Sega...pretty cool the more you play the the more upgrades to your car. Anyways...late

15. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think we'll all be there at 4-5pm...

16. akiralove

XBL:
    JTGC
    Grib, let me know if you need directions.

Bryan

17. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I think I've got it - straight out the 10 right? Plus I'll have your number with me.

I'll be there around 2pm... and I'll try and remember my memory card this time =]

grib.

18. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Bryan what time are u and Andy gonna start playing? Ill most likely be able to come by.

19. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Andy and I are probably going to start around 2-3pm; Bryan and Gribbly and Brisal by 4-5pm I think...

20. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Ahh.. our plans have changed /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

We'll be on our way in about 30 minutes. See you all soon.