1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Will be in LA on Sunday, June 16...

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by feixaq, Jun 11, 2002.

1. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

good fun - thx spotlite

hey thanks everyone for an awesome day of VF4... I must say I was quite pleased with my play today, considering I've been strictly vs CPU for the last couple of months, and on a PS2 controller no less. I'm a lot more competitive with Jeffry than I ever was with Aoi I think =]

Chris, both your Kage and your Lau are insane. A lot of fun to play against and to watch.

Andy, your Sarah was incredibly *annoying* to fight against! I've got to work out a way to break that flamingo... I couldn't seem to squeeze a LP in their most of the time!

Congrats to Chris on winning both tournaments (with Andy 2nd and Bryan 3rd in each, right?).

grib.

2. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Re: good fun - thx spotlite

thanks also Bryan...had a great time...I still need some practice, but I think I might have learned some thing while watching that tournament video. Anyways thanks again and if you can make a tape of those tournaments also... I'll give you the money the next time i see you.

3. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Nice that we can get together

It's very cool, indeed, that we can all find time to get together. Catherine and I always pick up something new at these events. Yesterday was quite inspirational.

Thank you Bryan for opening your home (and vast wealth of knowledge), Chris for adjusting your flight schedule to get in some games (or, rather, to dominate some tournaments in a most gracious fashion), Cameron for materializing from the shadows, Andy for demonstrating your power with yet another character, Brian (with the number one inspirational comment) "what is this Lei-Fei flying I don't know how to fight this %&#! where's your Aoi?," and Mike for driving his Jacky all the way up from San Diego.

We haven't met a better crowd.

See you all again, soon.

4. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Re: Nice that we can get together

Thanks to everyone who showed up yesterday; was great meeting up and playing with everybody once again! And special thanks to Bryan for his hospitality (and Cameron for that jalapeno cheese dip, lol). Will post the detailed results when I get back to SF later tonight...

5. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

>Cameron for that jalapeno cheese dip,

Heh, part of my ongoing plan to turn all you skinny Californians into Taka-Arashi!

Hm... I'm not really looking forward to the detailed results =[. Still, I did lean that [4]+[P], [2]+[P]+[G] is something I can abuse a little more. Andy was setting up some nice stuff with that.

=]

grib.

6. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Hey I had a great time as usual. Bryan thanks again for having us over. Chris your Lau and Kage are really scary . Nice meeting you Cameron..thanks to everyone for making my trip up there worthwhile.
    Talis, when did u say you were planning the next gathering for again?

7. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    The next get together

I've posted the details for the next get together (Friday, June 28, 7:00 pm). FeixaQ has generously provided a link to the tournament setup eXcel files.