1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Will VF4 have a tag mode?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Keylay, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Keylay

Keylay Member

Just wondering if VF4 will have a tag mode.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

uhh, no.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

3. _Tetsuo_

_Tetsuo_ Member

I highly doubt there will be a tag mode in VF4.

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

If it does, nobody has heard a thing about it... not even some leaked rumors of "VFTag".

On a sidenote, I just thought of a use for the former high jumps... tagging in. Just press u+P+K+G and you jump off like you got TFTed :)

5. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Maybe in the home version.

Adio.

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I pray that we'll never see a tag feature in VF. Virtua Fighter doesn't need to be WWF-ified, IMHO.

OTOH, a team battle feature wouldn't hurt down the track just for variety's sake. But it's not like the game needs it right now.

Just my 2kb worth.

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Tag Feature..... hehehe, let's make it like TTT's tag mode... Opponent staggers me... TAG OUT!!!! WOOHOO! F-YOU KAGE!

NOT COOL!

DoA2 style? Man, I don't want to see how horrible that will be... Just get Shun in there.... partner launches opponent in air-->shun tags in and does Chouwan combo-->tag combo, lifts opponent up-->shun tags in and does Chouwan.... Oppenent is dead but still floating! :p

Of course, those aren't the only ways to implement a tag feature (and kill the dynamic of VF), but... I think it's a pretty scary thought.

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Blah - you wuss :p
    I could actually see this being done really well...maybe done in sort of a street fight...and only have very specific instances where you could tag..it could be VERY interesting.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu