Will VF4 have a tag mode?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Keylay, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Keylay

Keylay Member

Just wondering if VF4 will have a tag mode.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

uhh, no.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>

3. _Tetsuo_

_Tetsuo_ Member

I highly doubt there will be a tag mode in VF4.

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

If it does, nobody has heard a thing about it... not even some leaked rumors of "VFTag".

On a sidenote, I just thought of a use for the former high jumps... tagging in. Just press u+P+K+G and you jump off like you got TFTed :)

5. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Maybe in the home version.

Adio.

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I pray that we'll never see a tag feature in VF. Virtua Fighter doesn't need to be WWF-ified, IMHO.

OTOH, a team battle feature wouldn't hurt down the track just for variety's sake. But it's not like the game needs it right now.

Just my 2kb worth.

7. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Tag Feature..... hehehe, let's make it like TTT's tag mode... Opponent staggers me... TAG OUT!!!! WOOHOO! F-YOU KAGE!

NOT COOL!

DoA2 style? Man, I don't want to see how horrible that will be... Just get Shun in there.... partner launches opponent in air-->shun tags in and does Chouwan combo-->tag combo, lifts opponent up-->shun tags in and does Chouwan.... Oppenent is dead but still floating! :p

Of course, those aren't the only ways to implement a tag feature (and kill the dynamic of VF), but... I think it's a pretty scary thought.

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Blah - you wuss :p
    I could actually see this being done really well...maybe done in sort of a street fight...and only have very specific instances where you could tag..it could be VERY interesting.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu