1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Win/KO Ratio - What's yours?

Discussion in 'General' started by Junsuina Chikara, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    Hi all. I thought it would be fun to try and get an idea of everyone's Win/KO (or Win/Lose) ratio from their ranked games. I don't really believe in "ranks" in the game because all it takes is playing some hunter ranked player with 0 rank bar over and over again to get up to StormLord or whatever. To me, a Win/KO ratio is much more representative. Anyway, as of now, I've won 802 games / lost 689 so at least its 1+ but I'm always trying to get it higher and higher and to do that, I need to get better at VF :D which I think is a good goal to have so I'd like get around 1040 wins so that my ratio goes up to 1.5, provided I don't lose any games ofcourse :).

Anyway to calculate your Win/KO ratio, divide your wins by your losses to get your ratio so in my case, its 802/689 = 1.164005805515239 (but we'll just say 1.16 ;)) say if I lost 802 games to 689, it would turn out 0.86 which would work out about right. Anyway, you get the idea.

Win/KO Ratio: 1.16

2. Ben_Lord_Dur

Ben_Lord_Dur Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Ben Lord Dur
    I had a work where I go for data analysis all day long.
    When I look to this "statistic" I think (consider I have a 50% win ratio which is close to the truth actually)
    => It's raising to much these days: I'm playing to much with beginners or less skilled opponents, I'm going to have bad habbits...
    => It's decreasing to much: my "regular" opponents are getting stronger. I have to take care of new situations and / or reactions to adapt my fighting style OR I lack knowledge about something I had to go in the lab to check it out.

So I'm not trying to raise it at all. I'm trying to keep it the same level, while learning and playing more and more.

3. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    Where does one see the win/lose numbers for online? I couldn't see this anywhere on the interface, just battle points and number of matches... maybe I'm being thick.

4. Junsuina Chikara

Junsuina Chikara Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Jun_Chikara
    XBL:
    LeprekaunTM
    I think you can only see it Ranked. It should be under number of matches "Win" and "Lose"

5. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    5244/1730

I try to stay out of ranked when possible though.

*insert usual "online is shit" disclaimer*

6. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    I only play ranked. That's the only way I find any matches. I have never seen this win/lose thing and I have looked for it. I will check when I get home...

7. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    1131 / 242 = 4,67

1131 * 100/ 1373 = 82,3%

ps. When you are in ranked searching for opponents, you will see your wins and losses on the right.

8. Modelah

Modelah Well-Known Member VFDC Translator Content Manager Taka

PSN:
    Modelah
    You've seen Manji and Elite's ratios. Blah, blah, blah:rolleyes:
    Now prepare to behold my ratio, peasants.

2230/2670
    WIN/LOSS ratio: 0.835 :mad:F**K.

I think I'm gonna go cry now.

9. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Believe it or not mines is,
    5176TotalGames 2588wins / 2588losses
    Ratio: 50% -_-
    I don't know. what.

10. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I m around 3500 matches 2250wins 1250 losses ratio around 1.95 i ll edit tonight

11. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    Nice. Will be first thing I check when I get home. I hope it's not to shabby...

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I don't really believe in "Win/KO ratio" in the game because all it takes is playing some hunter ranked player with 0 rank bar over and over again to get up to 10:1 ratio or whatever
    :p

13. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    1764/576
    3.06 Win/KO Ratio. TBH it should be better then this like 3.50 But i ddnt get good fast enough.:cool:

14. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    But any FG is based off your skill and not rank. I could demote all the way back to hunter on purpose. Doesnt mean i lost my skill.

15. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Exactly. Nor rank nor your W/L ratio will necessary represent your skill. They may, but they may not as well. Definitely none is better then the other, as both aren't good ;)
    That was my point.

16. Combolammas

Combolammas Sheep

178 / 54 ~ 3,3
    76,7 %

Not very indicative really. What I do when I play ranked is look at BP / # of games in comparison to rank. Hunter with 5000 matches is probably pretty bad.

17. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    But i said on ''purpose''. lf your losing more then winning then you need to improve. The ratio proves that. You can't say im a good player but have 400 wins and 1000 losses. it just doesnt work.

18. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I am winning more then loosing and I still need to improve :p
    Why not? This argument as it is makes no sense. If I will have 400W/1000L and 1300+ games from this will be played vs GT, wil that mean I am automatically bad player? How come?
    And vice versa. I know about few hunters who have 5000+ games and 80%+ winratio. Makes this good players out of them, no matter they spend they days fighting kyus?
    No, sorry to say it, but nor winratio nor your rank says anything about how good you are. Not just by itself.

19. IvorB

IvorB Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ivor_Biguns
    Okay finally found this thing. It's only displayed in custom match, not quick match for those also looking.

Out of a grand total of 171 matches I've won 55 and lost 116. 116/55 = 0.47 or 31% wins. That's not that great but considering I only started playing online like two weeks ago I'm just happy to be winning any at all. :D

20. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    i guess you make a point. lt depends on the opponents.