1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Winning A.I. Items

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by realdeal77, Apr 14, 2002.

1. realdeal77

realdeal77 Member

I have a Jacky A.I. character that has reached 4th dan and has alot of cool items. I tried winning the items off of him with my High King Jacky, but I can't. My question is how can I win those items off of him. I especially want the back print he won. Do I have to be the same rank as him when I beat him?
    Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

2. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

im not sure but i think they have to be higher than you for u to win or at least equal in rank.

3. viper102075

viper102075 New Member

As I understand the game, characters are of four types:
    <1> ARCADE characters have no ring names and can't lose to or win items from
    <2> CPU characters have ring names and can lose items to and win items from either (3)s or (4)s
    <3> AI characters have ring names (you create and teach) and can lose items to and win items from either (2)s or other (3)s and earn items by meeting certain requirements
    <4> PLAYER characters have ring names (you create and fight as) and can lose items to and win items from either (2)s or other (4)s and earn items by meeting certain requirements.

Also (3)s and (4)s can't lose an item if they don't have it equipped and can't win an item if the opponent dosen't have it equipped.

HOWEVER, as I have not progressed far enough to obtain 'orbs' or 'spheres' I am not certain if they obey the above the rules.

Also, if a (3) or (4) were to lose an item to some (2), ONLY THAT (3) or (4) could/would be able to win it back from THAT (2). This is because every (3)'s or (4)'s save file records that character's progress through the game including rank, stats, and items (what they have and what CPU have items).

Hope this helps.