1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

wishing away

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Shadowdean, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

For each character, if you could add a move, movement, or whatever, what would you like to add?

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

2. Guest

Guest Guest

wtf??

3. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    I like this kind of stuff...

Akira: I'd like the new 3 hit combo to begin with an elbow reversal, but I don't know what the 2nd and 3rd hits would look like... amybe something like Gen Fu's standing knee, shoulder canned combo. So the reversal puts them half-way to the ground (not pushing them as far as it does now when the command for the 2nd part is input), then the standing knee lifts them up by hitting in the gut, then sending them flying (no float) with the 3rd hit.

Jeff and Wolf: highly developed groud fighting system

Aoi: more ju-jutsu, more throws and throw combos

Shun: More dramatic lunging punches. I wish he would do some of that gyrating, slapping himself/building his chi kung-fu theatre stuff, with the cool dust effects; and moving more drunk-ish when he drinks more.

Lion: i just wish they's make him move cool again ala vf2

Jacky: more bruce lee-ish moves and sounds

Sarah: more muay thai and kickbox influence, heavy middle roundhouse liek bryan fury has.

Pai: different stances

Lau: also stances, and some kind of kung fuish headbutt (again, shades of gen fu), but I really can't imagine him having

don't know what else for taka/others

spotlite

4. Shadowdean

I like the Akira idea...for me, I would add moves for him that make you fall into different positions, sorta like the "fall on your ass" animation in vf2...
    Sarah: PLEASE give her some more hand techniques and differen't level kicks..and some INTERESTING throws..
    Shun: where to begin..in my mind, he could be the coolest character in the game...give him a whole slew of new moves from the ground and crouching position. give him a ton of evading moves {which is what drunken kung-fu is basically}...and loads of stances..
    Lau: stances, stances, stances, and loads of new punching techniques.
    Pai: give her attacks that manipulate the body into diff. positions, or put her at weird angles at people.
    Jeffery: give him a few close range attacks and a true ground game....a few ground and pound..and ground, lock, then pound moves would be great.
    Wolf..crazy throws, throw combos
    Lion: stances.
    Aoi: some hit to throw combos.
    taka: his belly jiggles?
    Jacky: I agree..more bruce lee stuff..but in that great jacky manner <snicker>

5. Guest

Guest Guest

BTW...

anyone realises that with the new joystick movment for escaping in VF4, Shun can't sit down with d,d anymore? Aoi can't do her double stop d,d+P and Jacky can't change stance d,d. I still think the benefits of the E button outweigh disadvantages. After all - two attacks P K and two defences G E work very well in terms of design.

Vicks Biru

6. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Sarah: PLEASE give her some more hand techniques and differen't level kicks

I agree that she should have a few more hand techniques. However, she has a different level kicks now. She can mix it up with high, mid, and low kicks.

Lau: stances, stances, stances, and loads of new punching techniques.

What stances did you have in mind?

Wolf: crazy throws, throw combos

Throw combos are fairly easy to escape, even for me/versus/images/icons/blush.gif!
    What "crazy throws" are you trying to suggest?

Lion: stances

Again, what stances are you suggesting?

taka: his belly jiggles?

Hahahahaha....now that would be cool/versus/images/icons/cool.gif

I would like to see more g-canceled moves added to Aoi's attack list.
    Just my two cents.

-GhostDog

7. Shadowdean

For Sarah - it would be quick transitions from standing..like a side kick to the knee followed immediatly to a kick to the stomach or head..something like that...
    Lau: a cat stance, long stance..brushing stance {hmmm..using stance terminology is soo hard cause the names very from school to school}
    Wolf - he needs some more wwf stuff..throwing, locks, and holds.
    Lion: just find a good instructional book on the style {or movie} to get an idea.

8. Shadowdean

For Sarah - it would be quick transitions from standing..like a side kick to the knee followed immediatly to a kick to the stomach or head..something like that...
    Lau: a cat stance, long stance..brushing stance {hmmm..using stance terminology is soo hard cause the names very from school to school}
    Wolf - he needs some more wwf stuff..throwing, locks, and holds.
    Lion: just find a good instructional book on the style {or movie} to get an idea.