1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

wolf catch throw/low throw question.....

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by gaishou, Feb 15, 2002.

1. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

lately i've been playing with wolf a little. with your back to a wall if you do his f p+g, f p+g to switch, then f p+g to push them into the wall and it bashes them into the wall and makes them go to one knee. question is, have any of you been able to capitalize and get a low throw? i haven't yet, and would like to think you actually can do it, since they're in a near crouch. any info/experience would be greatly appreciated.

2. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

I don't think it is possible to low throw.
    A knee is often used as a follow up.

3. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I would think you can if opponent going to one knee is like a krumble. Aoi can Low throw after b,df+P (krumble). I would think you can, but I am not sure. That would be sweet, though.

Let me know if you succeed as I am thinking of taking up Wolf again. I will let you know if I figure it out.

See you at Rocky's.

4. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

Hey Akira 2001, i dun think its low throwable... Its probably an animation after the opponent hits face first into a wall. Like wat littlewild commented, i'm wif him>its an opportunity for a possible followup: f+P,P?

5. Enkindu

Enkindu Well-Known Member

If you F+p,p you'll only get the first hit. the second can be blocked since the first hit was not a MC.

6. LAU Abuser

Drop kick? Its one of the fastest move wolf haf.

7. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

No, for once, Lau Abuser is right, in ths situation (pushed into the wall for a stagger) f+P,P will combo because it would be connecting during a stagger. The first hit will give a legitimate stomach crumple and the second will hit them during the crumple.

Just using the f+P will give a guaranteed low throw opportunity though, so I guess it's up to the player.

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hmm... perhaps a b,f+p+k / knee starter or a HCB+p,p... those are good for getting corner ground combinations, as for the throw, i'm not sure about when the opponent hits face first, but back first into a wall would get a guarrenteed df+p+g wall throw on the crumble...

keep trying anyhow..

9. LAU Abuser

I've tried that move. the face first into wall>f+P>crumble>ONLY LOW THROW continuation. Alternatively, after the crumble, you can try D,f+P.