1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf Combo Vids!

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Chief_Flash, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j8VuuR-5MIg&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j8VuuR-5MIg&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V-Mu1fRpXD4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V-Mu1fRpXD4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Your a Fucking Fiend lol!

Nice Combo's Too bad i was the Victim on some of those, Easpecially the High Fen.............Ahh the Horror. Sleepy time now.

3. Pike

Pike Member

I cant seem to get that first combo in the first vid to work. I assume that it only works counter hit. I try to do the punches at the opponents highest float point, the elbow strike i cant seem to land, please help with timing or inputs. my inputs are
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif

4. GMonroy

GMonroy Well-Known Member

They really need to get rid of the stupid bouncing.

5. Pike

Pike Member

i agree, however since its in there, we might as well use it...

6. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

I like the after opponent gets up 8 p+k+g ,+p, 6 p 2 p+k+g.

7. Pike

Pike Member

Wall

I have some questions,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is not a move, neither is /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, and what does +p mean?

8. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    he MEANT OMP /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

the combo he speaks of is:

after opp techrolls, wolf does OMP to cause backstagger, then 6p for back crumple, then back LOW THROW. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

9. AkiraZero

AkiraZero Well-Known Member

u+p+k+g is Offensive move. So when he says u+p+k+g,+p he means OM +p (offensive move punch).

I'm guessing this is for a situation in where Wolf causes a vital area crumple and the opponent TRs away/towards the screen. (Tech trap) If timed correctly OM+p will stagger. The following f+p causes your opponent to crumple which gives you a free low throw.

d+p+k+g is Wolf's low throw however, the opponent is facing away. You can't break low throws in this situation, hence a free throw.

Is this what you were going for, Wall?

Edit: Pike, watch Chef_Frash's newly uploaded vids. You'll an example of this

10. Pike

Pike Member

O yeah thats right, i do that all the time, dont know why i blanked... i guess i was thinking he was replying to my question on how to do that first combo, in the first vid /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

11. AkiraZero

Regarding that combo you're talking about, are you pressing
    p(g)p(g) between the b,f+p+k and the uf+p+k? It helps you input the combo faster plus you won't mess up (you might accidentally input his p,p string)

12. Pike

Pike Member

no i am not, i just hold forward and press p, then wait a bit and press punch again. That could be why i hardly get it to work... Ill try pressing g in between the punches and see if that works, thats for your help.

13. AkiraZero

That's probably it then bro. It really helps and you should get used to it. Make sure you do it quickly. In Flash's vid see how fast he is able to input those two punches in first combo?

It'll become second nature to you one you keep doing that. I've been able to hit b,f+p+g -> p,p,p,p -> double palm for akira /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

14. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification on the first page, yeah that's what I meant was the offensive move. The only thing I think I got wrong was the throw direction.

15. noir

noir New Member

Can somebody PLEASE tell me

(1) how he manages to bounce Jeffry three times off of a wall hit; I tried it and couldn't do it ONCE; and

(2) that move 47 seconds into the second video where he reverses Eileen's low punch and goes sort of BEHIND her. Whenever I reverse a low punch, Wolf just does a knee to the face of the opponent. Is that a different reversal?

Thanks!

16. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

1. I can't answer that right now, too tired to think.

2. There's two followups to the Low Punch Cut. You can wait for the knee to come out and press /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif for Shining Wizard or immediately after pressing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif you can press /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif and you'll do a position switch which allows several moves off it. You can't hang about when pressing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif after inputting the LPC.

17. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    that bounce combo works easily against THESE characters only: akira, vannesa, wolf, jeffry, jacky, and sarah simply because they "STICK" to wall when you toss them into it. all other characters is a little tricky...meaning, you NEED PERFECT DISTANCE to execute the initial bounce, specially lightweight characters! hope this helps /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

18. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Hey Chief, I tried to get a hold of you last night to show you this.

After /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif on counter hit or on a staggered opponent followed by /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is unblockable if your opponent tech rolls.

I was looking for other combos that are actually worthwhile and have the same properties.

After head crumple stun you can do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for five more damage than slow input throw and five less than max input speed throw. If you are willing to sacrifice the guarenteed throw damage then you can catch them on a tech roll for 29 damage.

Obviously people will not fall for it more than once or possibly not at all and given the fact that the head crumple moves are fairly difficult to hit (with the exception of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif) the situation won't arise very often but the ground game is well worth it in my eyes.

If you know they a ren't going to tech then you can hit a ground attack to deal more damage than the actual max input throw would have caused in the first place.

I personally would sacrifice 5 guaranteed damage for a possible 20 odd damage boost.

19. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    i knew this. in fact, i pointed it out to you yesterday while we were playing! didn't you notice that i never techrolled after u did that combo? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    After head crumple stun you can do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for five more damage than slow input throw and five less than max input speed throw. If you are willing to sacrifice the guarenteed throw damage then you can catch them on a tech roll for 29 damage.

Obviously people will not fall for it more than once or possibly not at all and given the fact that the head crumple moves are fairly difficult to hit (with the exception of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif) the situation won't arise very often but the ground game is well worth it in my eyes.

If you know they a ren't going to tech then you can hit a ground attack to deal more damage than the actual max input throw would have caused in the first place.

I personally would sacrifice 5 guaranteed damage for a possible 20 odd damage boost.</div></div>

personally, i prefer max input throw, but this option is nice as well! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

thanx for your input sir!

20. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

And if you ask Sega why those characters are the only ones with a Wall stick animation they might just answer "because we like them."

When i first seen that combo only work against those characters(Jacky) at any distance.I knew that i'll take a ring out anyday rather than be put in the twilight zone lol!