1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf Dilemma: Flying Meyer??

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by NageruGurl, Dec 20, 2005.

1. NageruGurl

NageruGurl Member

I've just started playing with the Hydra guys from Florida, and im completely new to the game, so needless to say, I get my ass handed to me frequently. But recently I was going through the tutorial modes and such, and practicing commands throughout the command list and found the Flying Meyer move:

[9][P] (hit) [6][P]+[G]

I cannot for the life of me get the timing down on this hit throw. I've managed to get it off once and still i've not the slightest clue as to which frame and/or set of frames i'm supposed to enter [6][P]+[G] on.

Help would be much appreciated.

2. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

The delay on this is quite long, it's kinda like jeff's tkod (kick into splash mountain),
    just watch the opponent's frames when there about to recover then do the forward [P]+[G], alsmot about 1 second delay I think from what I remember : /
    The followup is not really used that often since the opponent can hit you out of it but the 1st part is a nice lp beater. I suppose the followup is useful after the opponent freezes up trying to guess.
    p.s It's called neck chancery I think? still a nice looking move didnt' andre the giant used to do it /versus/images/graemlins/lol.gif

3. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I find it quite easy to do. Try this little timingtrick and input it as [9][P][4][4][6][P]+[G] instead. Sounds weird but works quite well actually.

/KiwE

4. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

You delay the throw part after the hit connects. Don't do it like a normal hit throw, wait till the opponent almost recovers before you enter the throw part.

The throw is guaranteed if the first hit counter hits. On normal hit, it's possible for the opponent to attack out of it.

5. NageruGurl

NageruGurl Member

So the hit throw is only worthwhile if I utilize it to counter [2][P]?

I guess my next question would be: "When would I use [9][P] in a match in order to counter [2][P]?"

I mean.. Wolf already has [2][P]+[K], and depending on what hand they're using for the [2][P] you're cutting, you get that (hit) [6][P]+[G] Shining Wizard, which does more damage and sets you up with better positioning after it, right?

6. Pai_Garu

You don't use [9][P] to counter [2][P] in most situations. The move has a minor jumping property, so it's mostly useful against low rising attacks or low kicks if you really want to evade moves with it. A good thing about the move is that it's fairly quick and not something the opponent expects. You are also pretty safe if it's blocked. It's really something that's used only once in a while for wolf.

7. NageruGurl

NageruGurl Member

Do you know which low rising and low kicks it has the ability to evade against? (I apologize for all the questions, i'm still very new)

I'm uncertain of a lot of the properties moves have, and how they're effective against certain and/or all characters. All I would need is a "for instance" move to get a general idea as to what I could use it against.

8. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it too much. While the move may be cool to pull off in a match, 90% of your matches shouldn't even see you attempting that move.

9. NageruGurl

NageruGurl Member

Obviously i'm not going to be using this move often as it's very situational, but saying to not worry about it is like trying to have sex without a condom. Sure you don't need one to have sex, but it saves you a shitload of trouble down the road.

10. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    NageruGurl said:

Do you know which low rising and low kicks it has the ability to evade against? (I apologize for all the questions, i'm still very new)

I'm uncertain of a lot of the properties moves have, and how they're effective against certain and/or all characters. All I would need is a "for instance" move to get a general idea as to what I could use it against.

[/ QUOTE ]

flying meyer can hop any low attack, low P is not low, it's special low, and has a higher hit window. flying meyer isnt great because of these reasons.

a) the reward is limited. 40 damage if you pull off the move.
    normal hit = no advantage, and no guarenteed throw
    counter hit = throw, or screw hook choice only.

b) it's slower than his knee, so if you have big advantage, knee (or alot of things) is most likely a better choice.

c) hop window is small, and you will most likely get minor counter which (in this case) is the same as normal hit -- no guarenteed throw, no followup.

the move isnt bad, because it's safe, -- however the speed vs reward makes it just a low teir poke~

PM me on any other wolf questions, i can answer them directly for you~

11. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

since when the fuck did you start playing with the hydra guys?

12. NageruGurl

NageruGurl Member

Since about a week and a half ago. I'm getting acquainted with the big VF scene :p. Been talking with Shou, Cap, and i mean.. my brother is Blondie for god's sake. Imf lives 5 minutes from my house, so I've been playing against him a bit this past week to get acquainted with the movements and reactions.

13. Crazy_Galaxy

@bk, Wasn't there a combo which involved doing this move after a charged [P]+[K], it floats on stagger hit?
    I vaguely remember you doing a video of it one time?

14. Pai_Garu

Yeah, there is. But the chance of hitting a full charge [P]+[K] against a decent opponent is next to none, unless you're at the wall. But if it's at the wall, you have a much better combo.

15. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    _optimus_ said:

@bk, Wasn't there a combo which involved doing this move after a charged [P]+[K], it floats on stagger hit?
    I vaguely remember you doing a video of it one time?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, you'll never guess but i actually saw bunbunmaru do that first in a random EVO match /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[P]+[K](charge) -- [9][P] -- [4][6][P]+[K] --- [2][P] -- [4][P] -- (ground followup)

you can tech roll before the low P
    you can tech roll after the b+p (knee can be used in it's place)

well, uf+p is only one frame slower than knee, anytime i get full charge - P+K (hit or block) i normally follow up with knee, ehh, so i think this will work most of the time /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

but the combo is completely for fun unless your opponent is weak, lol.

16. Crazy_Galaxy

Yeah that was the one lol! Bunbun's matches dont' always= teh win, but there fun to watch /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    Now finish the thread up with some from backstagger [P]+[K] charge [9][P] comboes /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. Setsuna_Goh

Setsuna_Goh Well-Known Member

i don't think a knee would be your best choice after a full charge bitchslap ( [P]+[K] ), how about instead you do [6]+[P] and then a low throw? i think that's pretty safe if you ever catch somebody with a full charge slap, and much more damage than that techable combo, sure they can TE, but 3 low throw TE's? not everybody can do that, and in case they start smarting up you can always do knee after the [6]+[P] anyways

18. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"but 3 low throw TE's?"

thas pretty common actually...

19. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Setsuna_Goh said:

i don't think a knee would be your best choice after a full charge bitchslap ( [P]+[K] ), how about instead you do [6]+[P] and then a low throw? i think that's pretty safe if you ever catch somebody with a full charge slap, and much more damage than that techable combo, sure they can TE, but 3 low throw TE's? not everybody can do that, and in case they start smarting up you can always do knee after the [6]+[P] anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, but u do know that none are guarenteed right?

if you fully charge the P+K, then f+P is guarenteed only if you get your opponent with the tip of ur fingers, because you recover less.

but you will most likely find the opponent wont struggle very well, (not always, but majority).

knee ~ b+k+gk, or toe stunner are the most rewarding options.

f+p ~ b+k+gk, is safest.

low throw is not really a good tactic, only as good mix-up for when your opponent gets used to your hit followups /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

20. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

how can you toe stunner isn't it vital point collapse?