1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf Guessing Game

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by MrWhite, Oct 5, 2002.

1. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

[ Original Post a reply to Creed's interesting question on Jacky..Half life..easy.. thread. Thought I'd make a subject as to aid ppl. using search on Wolf Tactics ]

<font color="white"> Guessing games with Wolf </font color>:

<font color="white">Game 1 </font color> :

-> [3][K]+[G] ( Blocked by opp. to cause stagger ) :
    - Setup : the obvious continuation is to do [2][K] so your opp. is already conditioned to block low because he knows you have frame advantage. This is where, instead, you [P], [K], [G] to turn around quickly by using the punch and [G]-canceling your kick to move you forward/close to your crouching opp. ( your safe to do this uninterrupted because of the aforementioned frame adv. ).

- Follow-ups : I usually run these options in a cycle in order to condition my opp. until he figures out my tricks and then it becomes truely a guessing game.

1 = [3][K]+[G] ( stagger ), [P], [K], [G], [3][P]+[K]+[G]

2 == Now your opp. knows that you can low throw him but is still aware of your [2][K] so doesnt want to block high and therefore opts to interrupt the throw attempt with a [2][P] -> ( opp. opting to block low again ) [3][K]+[G] ( stagger ), [P], [K], [G], [2][P]+[K] -> low punch cut will let him know that his most reliable/quickest move is void.

3 === The opp. should now be conditioned to block high -> [3][K]+[G] ( stagger), [P], [K], [G], throw. ( Your throw can be interrupted by one of his moves ).

4 ==== If 3 was succesful, the opp. will dread playing a blind game with Wolf. His last option is to dodge. This last sequence should go as such ( feel free to variate as part 4 is just my personal template ) -> [3][K]+[G] ( stagger ), [P], [K], [G], [2][P]+[K], Throw/Knee/SS.

5 ===== Now just go back to doing [2][K] or backwalking and doing [2][P].

The opp. now knows your options so you truely have a yomi game on your hands everytime [3][K]+[G] gets blocked. And Wolf definetly has the advantage.

<font color="white">Game 2 </font color> :

-> [3][P] ( force crouch )
    - Setup : [3][P] should be immediately followed by [6][P]+[K] ( which will force crouch him again if he tried to get out of the initial [3][P], which usually happens as they dont want to get low thrown ) into low throw [ takes off around 60~55% damage off [3][P]+[K]+[G] ].

* Ill add follow-ups for game 2 next post...

2. Demoniac

Demoniac Member

Interesting. Nice post, Mr.White. From what I've seen lately, though, not many people really care about Wolf anymore.

3. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

I CARE ABOUT WOLF!!!

but hey, this info was already posted in another thread... it's good and all, but remember that it is only a "guessing" game, so it's not obviously guarenteed to work on all skill levels of players. still, fun to try out and see the out come.. /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

EDIT: i guess i'll post my reply too..

after df+k+g stagger ~ pkg, i normally use a FC df+p for chance of another staggered opportunity, then go into a f+p ~ low throw / b+k+gk. the good thing about the b+k+gk (or knee) is that if the opp techrolls to the side, u can get a guarenteed b,f+p or mid kick for more crushing damage.

out of common interest, i also found that the most damaging combo with wolf without a pounce is 91 pts!:

MC knee ~ pg ~ pg ~ shlrm (so far only tested on lei)

sheesh, so basic yet so damaging!

4. Blade_14

Blade_14 Member

Hi guys I'm just gettin into this forum ting as it's my 1st post or whatever u call it. I thought I'd reply to this one.

generally this guessing game thing u or maybe another has concieved is pretty good. however I can find a little flaw in one of the setups

->[3][P]( force crouch )
    - Setup :[3][P]should be immediately followed by [6][P]+[K] ( which will force crouch him again if he tried to get out of the initial[3][P], which usually happens as they dont want to get low thrown ) into low throw [ takes off around 60~55% damage off [3][P]+[K]+[G]].

Now isn't[6][P]+[K] the push move, how will it get them if they are already crouching as it's a high move. Do u mean to say that if they try and stand up again after being hit u can push them and start a combo?

Oh and while I'm here does anyone know how to start a thread?