1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf: It's a trap!

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Unicorn, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I will like to start thread for any (all) traps and setups we will be able to find with Wolf. Starting today, with this one I found just recently

Trap from [9][P][+][K]

Works on both mid and low rising kicks with all characters except Jeff, Wolf and Taka
    I highly recommand to go for 46P+K, as certain rising kicks have really weired hitboxes which can make your 3K+G missing weirdly
    _____
    How to utilize [4][6][P]

The basic idea is simple - you can use 6_P to check if they TR or not and still have enough advantage to do... well, like anything. Because after TR, you recover in FC.

2. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Wht happens if they techroll then wake up?

3. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    If you go for jump, you will be next to them in like small disadvantage (I did not test this properly)
    If you go for 6p+k+g, you have standard K/P+G nitaku.

4. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I did some testing and it looks like if you jump and they TR, you are -4 if they roll to the side and -5 if they stand up in place

5. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    I was experimenting just a little bit and I updated 1st post with few more options you have after the succesfull jump :D

6. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    If they do a mid wake up attack you get a free BT burning hammer

Edit: Just saw the second video lol. NVM

7. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Against most chars you do. But at least With Lion and Kage, you will get only normal BH instead (they have their somersaulting rising kicks which are damn broken in like everything. You throw them CLEARLY from behind, yet you get normal BH only; also 3K+G will miss them unexpecetdly)

8. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

This is badass.

9. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Really nice find need to utilize this in my game.

10. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    new It's a trap! comming in next few days

11. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    These are pretty fun, but landing these seem pretty utopistic considering everybody just tech normally after the 46P+K. Keep 'em coming, though.

12. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    How to utilize [4][6][P]

The basic idea is simple - you can use 6_P to check if they TR or not and still have enough advantage to do... well, like anything. Because after TR, you recover in FC.
    Anyway, it is all in the vid. Any comments on both content and presentation of this vid are welcomed :)

IcKY99, complexz and Mister like this.
  13. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Hey are there any other videos like this for Wolf tactics I'd rather watch someone do something rather than read it. And When you say thats they "recover in FC" what does that mean? Ive been using this alot for people who like to lay on the groung a lot.

14. YOMI

YOMI not a legendary game designer

PSN:
    buttoi-man
    Opponent recovers in Full Crouch.