1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Wolf Q&A topic

Discussion in 'Wolf' started by Mister, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Nope
    Unless wolf delays the 3P+K, it will croshit even with fastes rising kick possible and Wolf will win due to higher damage, making you eat nice 39 dmg from CH ground attack
    Only if you hit the wall before 1P+K, then sometimes the timing is screwed and the rising kick will be fast enough. But again - SOMETIMES.
    Yep.
    Only problem is Wolf can delay 6PP a little bit to change the timing, so you need to watch him very closely

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

You know I really shouldn't have to say you're wrong for the 4th time especially when you guys are Wolf's content managers but...

Sozos likes this.
  3. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Dunno, tested it multiple times both VS cpu and myself in the past (usually with Goh, who I use as my dummy) and except with wall never saw it hitting except with wall included or when 3PK was delayed (even 1 single frame!!!). The same goes for all online and offline matches I had.
    That is all I can say to this. If I am wrong, I am sorry. I am using just my own experience here.

With 1 frame delay on 3PK, I am able to beat it with rising kick and CPU is as well.

Feck likes this.
  4. Feck

Yeah, that's fasest timing [3][P][+][K] (buffered) so yeah... and no need to apologise.

Wish I got a btter answer about perfect tech after [6][P][P] though, even with Misters advice I can't find the window.

Seems like back roll is the best way to deal with it away from the wall, can get a launcher on Wolf after he whiffs [3][P][+][K].

Unicorn likes this.
  5. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I'll try to record something about the perfect tech roll since i've done it also online against unicorn. But i have to switch monitor so that's going to mess up with my timing so i don't know how much will it take. For now you should try to tech before the second punch gets you. Also feck what kind of monitor/tv do you use to play? because that's something that will mess up really bad with the timing too (aside the connection lag of course).

Feck likes this.
  6. Feck

Just a CRT monitor, no lag. Timing is killing me :(

7. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

8. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

What are good options for Wolf after a successful evade? I find myself evading strings and then going for a 624P or 6K but often I get beat out. Is a straight P,K a safe and sound option when I'm not sure of the advantage? I find that even mids sometimes get beat out by an agressive opponent.

9. Airegin

Airegin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Airegin42
    XBL:
    Airegin42
    Wolf's a bit limited with side options, but a few I like are:

[4] [K] - 16 frames and will lead to a side crumple combo on a major counter.

[4] [P] - 15 frames with a combo opportunity.

[P] [K] - 12 frames, just about guaranteed on a successful evade. Also easy to throw a side throw in afterwards if your opponent turtles up.

10. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Also PPP is guaranteed from side even on NH, will knock down for 39-41 damage.

PK is also good as it put you at +7.
    4K use only if you believe they will abare and only if you evaded something bigger.
    3P from side is not bad too, better that 624P for sure. It is much better on guard and NH; and on MC, 6P+G sidethrow is GUARANTEED (to be exact - can be escaped, but can not be abared).

Personally I am using 62K a lot vs strings too, as it can duck under high hits in string and if they guard, you still get stagger with +3 frames cause of sideturned.

Anyway you must always consider what move you evaded. P and 2P are fast enough to put you at VERY small advantage - or even disadvantage - when evaded, so be careful.

11. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

Thanks for the input guys, I think one of the things I need to work on most in VF is my evade game. I need to work on timing of evades and also just being able to judge how much advantage I have.
    I think I might use PPP and PK to start out, as they seem pretty safe options in most situations.
    I really like the idea of using 62K as well, I might add that to the mix.

12. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

It looks like the strings still track you after your evade.

13. Unicorn

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    If you press any button, they do.

14. Mister

Try to do a double evade maybe. Often after a double evade you can go behind your opponent and get a free burning hammer for 120dmg. practice that in the dojo. However this is really hard to land in a match but it's nice to know

15. Feck

Thanks a lot Mister, can finally exact recover during that combo now :p

Also, nice work showing the other ways of dealing with it.

Mister likes this.
  16. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Great. Now I need new shenanigans to beat you...

Feck likes this.
  17. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Ok quick question can I preform RAW form side-turn position? and if so does it catch the same stuff as would me doing RAW from the front?

18. Mister

Nice question and after some testing doesn't seems like being side turned influence in anyway the RAW. So far my test is telling me that the RAW act in the same way from the front or side. If anybody notice something different please let us know here or in a topic aside.

19. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Ok thanks Ima do some testing when I get home on it to see if i can find anyhting extra.

20. Sozos

Sozos Pai Sucksan Content Manager Pai

PSN:
    vfsozos87
    XBL:
    vfsozos87
    Thanks a lot for your infos guys. To do perfect tech roll after 6PP is kinda hard espessialy online, so i felt frustrated about it, but fortunate now thanks to you i know how to deal with it.